back to back ?

mikesusan

:confused:I am looking at b2b on grand in dec 2011. I like the 10 to 14 day cruises but have never taken a b2b . This one has all new ports week two but will all the ent. meals.ect. repeat and is the 2nd embarkment day a wasted day ? what do you think of b2b ?

Hi There

B2B are great crew get to know you, you get to try things on the menu you wished you had ordered, turn around day can be a great day, if crew are doing drills you can watch, you might get time to chat to ships officers etc,

yours Shogun

I don't think the second embarkment day is wasted. Assuming this cruise is out of Ft.Lauderdale, there are lots of things you can do there. If it is another port, there will be things to do. Sometimes the cruise has excursions for those who are staying on board. And if you really like enjoying the ship, you will have it to yourself and the others who are staying for a few hours which can be very nice.

It can also be a laundry day if necessary. It is very nice to have the ship to yourself, enjoy the hot tubs and watch everyone else scurry for taxis, luggage, etc. It can be a nice relaxing day.

Or, you can get off and do something in port.

LOVE b2bs!! For all the reasons stated plus you get to watch everyone pack with sad faces the day before, knowing you're on for another journey :).

We just returned last Saturday from a b2b on the Sapphire to Mexico, perhaps the last ship to hit Mazatlan for who knows how long.

And the turn-around day isn't wasted. Once back onboard (although this past time that was a mess), you can do what we do....into swimsuits and head to the deck. Oncoming pax think we're just getting a reeeeally fast start on our vacation and how'd we get so tan so soon!

I'm always amazed at the reactions of pax when it comes up that we're on a b2b. Without exception, they are stunned that "you can do that??" Sure. Princess and any other cruise line will book you for as many as you want! Duh...

I love them - we are waiting for our third B2B. As someone said it is great to see all the suitcases out in the hall when you know you have another cruise to do before it will be your turn to do it.

If you liked something to eat the first time round you don't have to wait an eternity to get it again. The wait staff know you and know what you like or don't.

Depending on where your cabin is you can snoop and see the inside of others for future reference - as they are open for cleaning you can wander in and out.

There are things to do on turn around day so it isn't a wasted day. When you've done one you'll probably be on the look out for the next one that suits.

I actually did b2b2b this past December (3 fabulous weeks I must say). Yes entertainment, meals and so forth are all the same. Hey at least you will have different route and ports of call which is nice. I personally could care least where the boat is going...grant you my 3 weeks was the same itineray each week, but as long as the boat is going somewhere I am happy as a clam :)

I really enjoyed myself, as a cruise is the best escape of relaxtion for me. I always say the passengers on the boat is what makes each cruise different and special. I met alot of nice people each week, and made some great friends.

I Say Go for it! You'll have an awesome time.

And on turnaround day, you do not need to attend the muster drill.

Are there any benefits to linking your 2 cruises on a B2B? We are keeping the same cabin and have 2 booking numbers. This will be in Europe, Rome to Venice to FLL, we already have our air.

Are there any benefits to linking your 2 cruises on a B2B? We are keeping the same cabin and have 2 booking numbers. This will be in Europe, Rome to Venice to FLL, we already have our air.

1. Your cabin steward will know you are staying and not throw out your stuff.

2. Maitre 'd will ask if you want the same table the second week (TD only).

Obviously, you can make these people aware you are staying.

Biggest thing will be checking in for the second week. If they are not linked, you will not get the new cruise card without going thru the checkin process.

Be careful with toilet articles in the bathroom on turnaround day. Our steward knew we were staying on board but his helper didn't. We came back from breakfast and he had thrown everything (meds too) into a tall trash bag. Fortunately we were able to retrieve most of it.

Now I just take everything out of the BR until the cabin is made up again. Losing our meds would have been a big problem.

Be careful with toilet articles in the bathroom on turnaround day. Our steward knew we were staying on board but his helper didn't. We came back from breakfast and he had thrown everything (meds too) into a tall trash bag. Fortunately we were able to retrieve most of it.

Now I just take everything out of the BR until the cabin is made up again. Losing our meds would have been a big problem.

I read about this happening once before, so perhaps it was you who posted this previously. This has got to be something out of the ordinary, because were it prevalent we would be hearing more about it. It is very rare that we are not on a B2B; sometime even a B2B2B and never had a problem nor did any of our friends ever have a problem.

I have done several b2bs and have never had this problem.

We are doing a Ruby B2B in 29 days. I think I remeber hearing this happen once before and we plan to just take our meds out of the BR while we are gone. That's the only important thing that would be problematic if thrown away!!!

We are doing a Ruby B2B in 29 days. I think I remeber hearing this happen once before and we plan to just take our meds out of the BR while we are gone. That's the only important thing that would be problematic if thrown away!!!

Interestingly, we take very little in the way of meds, but do take tons of vitamins. We never keep any of it in the bathroom. I use the top drawer of the desk for those and all other small incidentals.

Interestingly, we take very little in the way of meds, but do take tons of vitamins. We never keep any of it in the bathroom. I use the top drawer of the desk for those and all other small incidentals.

I use the top drawer of the nightstand.

Though I have never had any of my bathroom items removed and there is a ton in there (suntan lotion, lotion, bring my own shampoo, conditioner, mousse, etc..)

Biggest thing will be checking in for the second week. If they are not linked, you will not get the new cruise card without going thru the checkin process.

Okay, I get that. When you get your disembarkation questionnaire where they ask you about transfers, flight times, etc., is there not a check off for staying on for the next cruise? I seem to remember something like this. I'll be on a TA in May and will have to pay attention to that.

My main concern is that we won't loose any bennies on the 2nd leg, internet, Elite mini bottle set up, etc. :D.

Okay, I get that. When you get your disembarkation questionnaire where they ask you about transfers, flight times, etc., is there not a check off for staying on for the next cruise? I seem to remember something like this. I'll be on a TA in May and will have to pay attention to that.

My main concern is that we won't loose any bennies on the 2nd leg, internet, Elite mini bottle set up, etc. :D.

No, you should get all the Elite perks. You get them on all legs.

I would certainly do a b/b before what we did this month; two cruises a day a part which involved packing up, disembarking, checking into a hotel, embarking, waiting for luggage, another muster drill, unpacking...now that is a waste of time and a pain.

I would certainly do a b/b before what we did this month; two cruises a day a part which involved packing up, disembarking, checking into a hotel, embarking, waiting for luggage, another muster drill, unpacking...now that is a waste of time and a pain.

Obviously you had a reason for doing it that way. :confused:

1. Your cabin steward will know you are staying and not throw out your stuff.

2. Maitre 'd will ask if you want the same table the second week (TD only).

Obviously, you can make these people aware you are staying.

Also, you can have the balance due at the end of the first segment transferred to your second segment account instead of having to be settled at the end of the first segment.

Archived