Here We Go Again.........

sail7seas

It's 19 degrees here in Houston with a wind chill of 3 degrees. Rolling power outages due to excess demand. Wintery mix/light snow projected for Friday....

At least this is a short-term situation for us...:)

B

It's about 9 here in El Paso with about 3 inches of powdery snow. Schools are apparently closed - kids next door and across the street are out playing. Probably disappointed they can't build a snow man with dry snow.

We've had our power go out twice this morning - once for about and hour and then for about 45 minutes. And our internet has been off all morning - just came up a few minutes ago.

So sorry for those suffering all ove the country from this miserable storm. It has moved off from Boston now and we only have some light rain now. We are at the coast but Western Massachusetts may still be getting freezing rain/sleet/snow.

So far so good in terms of power and safety at our home.

Stay safe everyone and best wishes for quick restoration of power to those who have lost it.

Hilton Head, SC checking in at 73 degrees right now.

Enjoy. I'm sure you send those in the cold and ice and snow best wishes. :D

Well the storm has come and gone here, but left a mess and freezing temps behind. We are suppose to leave tomorrow morning for FLL to catch the Westy on Fri. We are going through St Louis instead of Chicago thank goodness, but as of this morning all the flights through St Louis are cancelled. Hopefully things will clear up by tomorrow. I want to get out of this cold and snow and into the 80's! :D

Hilton Head, SC checking in at 73 degrees right now.

Well the storm has come and gone here, but left a mess and freezing temps behind. We are suppose to leave tomorrow morning for FLL to catch the Westy on Fri. We are going through St Louis instead of Chicago thank goodness, but as of this morning all the flights through St Louis are cancelled. Hopefully things will clear up by tomorrow. I want to get out of this cold and snow and into the 80's! :D

Fingers crossed for you. HOPE your flight goes as scheduled. Let us know.

We'll say Bon Voyage and make that work as word you will be on that plane. ;)

We're just east of Grand Rapids. Have had 14 inches since about 5 last nite. Live in a condo development. Our plow guys JUST showed up in the past 15 minutes, so no work today.

Glad that we got our dose of the Caribbean 2 weeks ago on Nieuw Amsterdam and aren't fretting making air connections in the next few days.

Good luck to all of you who are !!

Well the storm came went and now it's back in full force..Hissss is right I am flying out Friday I can't see past the railing on my balcony..and it's now -9 with wind chill feels like -19 that's 16 and feels like 3 in fahrenheit

You timed your plans just right, you smart lady.

The airports will be operating and you get out of the snow and cold.

Hope you have Great cruise.

Fair winds and a following sea.....

Hope you'll post some comments when you return.

It`s clearing out nicely here in Chicagoland. St.Louis and Chicago forecasts for tomorrow are sunny. One thing the crooks do well in Chicago is clear the snow quickly and that includes O`Hare. Don`t be afraid to reroute thru ORD tomorrow if need be.

It`s clearing out nicely here in Chicagoland. St.Louis and Chicago forecasts for tomorrow are sunny. One thing the crooks do well in Chicago is clear the snow quickly and that includes O`Hare. Don`t be afraid to reroute thru ORD tomorrow if need be.

Thanks for the update on the weather

Sail, thanks for the good wishes

We are just north of Indianapolis. On the south side of Indy there was freezing rain, about .75 in. Those folks lost power. The further north you go, it was sleet. We have a good 4 in. of hard as rock ice. Apparently drizzle doesn't bring down the power lines & trees like freezing rain. DH tried to clear the front steps, and had to use an ax to break it up. He still couldn't get it cleared enough to see cement or to put down salt to melt it. I've seen ice before, but nothing this thick. The cars drive on it, and it doesn't budge. No tire tracks. The northern third of the state got 17 in. of snow. Our little 7 lb dog slips and slides around in the back yard. Temps are in the teens and colder at night. Mother Nature will have to melt it. You need heavy duty construction equipment to break through this stuff. We're going to live with this for a long time! Stay safe!

We escaped the Mid-Atlantic Monday morning and are now safely in Florida, enjoying the warmth, if not much sun. Just a short drive to Port Everglades Sunday morning to board Noordam.

Smart man! Didn't we both do this last year, too? :D This year, I watched and guessed right -- the DC area missed the latest storm as it went a bit north of us, and we drive out tomorrow headed toward Tampa. The drive should be reasonable; some rain but no sleet or snow.

Hope you have a great cruise on Noordam!

Dave

Checking in from NW In. The blizzard didn't miss us. 20in of snow, drifts covering our kitchen windows, 10ft. high. Same kind of drifts across our driveway. I got part of the drive snowplowed and out of nowhere came 4 snow angels. They were middle aged guys in our neighborhood. Theyhad bigger snowblowers than we did. They told us "mom and dad, go in and get warm" We are in our 70's and that's what they called us before. They got it all cleared off with many thanks from us and a case of beer.:D Of course the lake effect snow started up really heavy but I could take care of that about 3:00pm. Haven't seen a snowplow on our street yet.

I sure can't wait to leave here in 3wks. Hopefully no snow then. Those of you leaving this week have a safe trip and enjoy the warmth. Supposed to get down to 6 below tonight. :(

Well, the groundhog gale is finally over. The good thing is that the groundhogs unanimously did not see their shadows, so hopefully, it'll be an early spring ;) The bad thing is that we have more snow headed here this weekend and another storm threatening for next week :eek:

I envy all those on the nice, warm cruises :):)

Yes, Jim........:D:D:

But, in an odd way, I'm happy we don't go for weeks. I don't have the energy to stress about airport delays right now. I'd rather this weather cycle wear itself out before our scheduled flights and hopefully our air travel will go smoothly. It's almost a comfort to me to know I don't have to worry about airports for a little while yet.

Weird, huh? :o

Archived