EPIC - MDR paid entrees?

cruising ag

I copied this from a review is this true? I haven't heard this mentioned on any of the other posts ~

DINING: There are two main (free) dining areas: the Manhattan and Taste. We ate one time at each and had mixed feelings. In Manhattan, the service was horrible and the food was mediocre. We noticed on the menu that they had some entrees on the right-bottom side that were not free. They ranged from $6 - $7 each. Yes, there were free entrees, but they were listed on the left side

If this is true I understand it's your option but I personally don't agree with it.

Could you please either paste in or post a link to the review in question? If this is happening it is brand new because I cruised Epic over Christmas and MDRs didn't have any upcharge entrees.

Here is the link if this doesn't work it was on the home page of CC under Norwegian Epic Reviews:

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by jr103

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=77950

I was on Epic last week and that post is false. There were drinks you could order, that you would be charged for, but other then that the two places are free.

Manhattan had great service and great food. Taste had basically the same food, but you can wear shorts into it. In my one experience at Taste I had horrible service.

OP, thanks for the link to the review. This is a very recent review, Mike and Orangegrove and I all traveled pre-Jan 2011. It could be new. Let's keep our ear to the ground with the people who are going now.

And so very credible. :rolleyes: Says the food is mediocre and the service horrible, but rates dining as 5 star (or 5 blue ribbons or 5 waves or whatever that symbol is), apparently based on the buffet.

And so very credible. :rolleyes: Says the food is mediocre and the service horrible, but rates dining as 5 star (or 5 blue ribbons or 5 waves or whatever that symbol is), apparently based on the buffet.

Credibility or not, I'm a scientist by trade and data is data. It's always possible a change has been made and the reviewer was reporting an objective fact. Glad to have it disproved by recent pax.

Credibility or not, I'm a scientist by trade and data is data. It's always possible a change has been made and the reviewer was reporting an objective fact. Glad to have it disproved by recent pax.

As a mathematician, I would like to remind you that false data are not very useful (to say the least) to those wanting to draw a correct scientific conclusion. If your underlying assumptions are invalid your results are garbage.

A the computer folks like to say "garbage in...garbage out".

Would totally disagree with this post.

We had very attentive service in the Manhattan Room, enjoyed the food, but didn't see any cost items on the menu.....not to say they weren't there....just didn't notice any...

Our experience, as well. Never believe any cruise review that includes words like "horrible" or "terrible."

Archived