Obsessing about Weather

gooch47

It's me again ... the CC champion worry-wart.

We are flying to LA tomorrow (Tuesday) for the LA to Hawaii roundtrip cruise on the Golden on Wednesday.

Thank goodness we aren't flying through Chicago. I think that would be a no-go for sure even with the 24 hour padding.

But we are expecting snow and freezing rain here starting tonight, so of course I'm positive we are going to miss the ship. That would be a real bummer with the four days at sea before reaching Hilo.

Not sure I even have a question. Just venting a little about Ol' Man Winter.

We are flying to LA tomorrow (Tuesday) for the LA to Hawaii roundtrip cruise on the Golden on Wednesday.

Thank goodness we aren't flying through Chicago. I think that would be a no-go for sure even with the 24 hour padding.

But we are expecting snow and freezing rain here starting tonight, so of course I'm positive we are going to miss the ship. That would be a real bummer with the four days at sea before reaching Hilo.

I share your concerns regarding the weather, but hopefully you will be able to fly out without problems. We too are traveling to Ft. Lauderdale - leaving home Friday, but the storm should be passed and cleanup done!

Best of luck to you.

Donna

Hi Linda, I hope you get on the Ship, and have a great cruise.

weather all around the world has gone haywire...

here in Qld Australia, we are preparing for the biggest cyclone in many years.

our cruise is not for a few weeks, but I'm starting to worry too.

we live at the beach in a storm surge area, so have to leave tomorrow.

kind regards, Lorraine:):)

Also - my husband mentioned that if you are flying out of Cleveland, they know how to handle snow. We are from NW Pa and know about snow, but it looks as though if you leave in the am you may be ok. Best of luck.

Donna

here in Qld Australia, we are preparing for the biggest cyclone in many years.

our cruise is not for a few weeks, but I'm starting to worry too.

we live at the beach in a storm surge area, so have to leave tomorrow.

kind regards, Lorraine:):)

Lorraine, Australia is our favorite place in the world to visit and we have been following your weather troubles closely. I'm sending positive thoughts your way that you and your property stay safe.

We hear you for we also will be trying to fly out tomorrow but in our case across the lake from you. Seems like even one day grace ahead of a cruise is not enough in our winters. But as it was very very cold this morning with a high pressure mass coming down from the north, the snow may not come all that far north. Let's hope so. Haven't missed a cruise yet.

Nah. We're flying out of Columbus. They close the schools here when we have a half inch of snow sometimes!

Lynda;

Good luck with your air travel. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Looking forward to meeting you onboard the Golden.....:):):)

Bob

Hopefully you won't have any problems. We are also in Ohio, (Cleveland area) and right now it's beautiful. Sunny but very cold. Our forecast tonight is snow, possibly 2-4 inches, the worry day is Tuesday night. They say we could get ice, sleet and snow. I hope you will be okay leaving Tuesday during the day. Happy sailing, enjoy your cruise

Also - my husband mentioned that if you are flying out of Cleveland, they know how to handle snow. We are from NW Pa and know about snow, but it looks as though if you leave in the am you may be ok. Best of luck.

Donna

Hi Mindy, We live in Cleveland and have worried about getting out of here for 38 years !! Winter is tough here and we have learned how to drive in it but no one can drive on ice--that's another story ! We are going on the Ruby on Sunday and so are going to go on Sat. to Lauderdale just to be sure we don't wake up here on Sunday with a surprise.

Good luck to everyone and be safe traveling :))

The weather here in LA is beautiful so there should be no problem on this end. The high today is going to be in the high 60's and it'll be in the 70's by Wednesday. It'll be a bit gusty as a Santa Ana condition is settling in, but that shouldn't be a problem. Have a great cruise... sailaway will be spectacular!

I can relate to that, Gooch. We have a cyclone menacing our Queensland coast and there could be severe flooding again in our region. My greatest worry is that the airport will close again (it only reopened a week ago) and we won't get away.:o I will breathe a huge sigh of relief when we are on that flight to Sydney, then onto Santaigo and and the Star Princess. I try to stay positive. All the best re your cruise.

I wish you all the very best Linda and really hope that you get your holiday.

I know how you must be feeling - we had problems with snow and ice at heathrow just before xmas but unfortunately we had our flight cancelled due to the weather so we never made it to LA to get the cruise that you will be doing. Its one of the most horrible feelings having your longed for holiday snatched from under you.

Be positive and I will keep everything crossed that you have no problems and have a great cruise. Best wishes.

The weather here in LA is beautiful so there should be no problem on this end. The high today is going to be in the high 60's and it'll be in the 70's by Wednesday. It'll be a bit gusty as a Santa Ana condition is settling in, but that shouldn't be a problem. Have a great cruise... sailaway will be spectacular!

It actually was in the 30s this morning (or felt like it with the wind chill) up in the Santa Susanna foothills. My teen will be wearing (I hope) her gym sweats in PE today. And the forecast is more of the same for the Valley (30s in the am, going up to the 60s) for the next few days. Fortunately, San Pedro is a lot milder.

Got an automated call about an hour ago. Southwest Airlines cancelled our flight! :eek:

After a few moments of panic I logged onto their rebook site and got two seats on the only remaining available flight on Tuesday. It leaves at 3:40 p.m. as opposed to 8:10 a.m. Not too raunchy. We'll change planes in Las Vegas this time, but we have a 1.5 hour layover. I imagine flights from Las Vegas to LA are pretty frequent anyway even if we would manage to miss the connection.

It will actually work out for the best, I think, since our ice storm is supposed to ease up around noon.

Got an automated call about an hour ago. Southwest Airlines cancelled our flight! :eek:

After a few moments of panic I logged onto their rebook site and got two seats on the only remaining available flight on Tuesday. It leaves at 3:40 p.m. as opposed to 8:10 a.m. Not too raunchy. We'll change planes in Las Vegas this time, but we have a 1.5 hour layover. I imagine flights from Las Vegas to LA are pretty frequent anyway even if we would manage to miss the connection.

It will actually work out for the best, I think, since our ice storm is supposed to ease up around noon.

Quick thinking! Good luck!

I am obsessing about the weather and I am not going anywhere. Just not looking forward to the next 48 hours where I live.

I really do wish you the best of luck. Let us know when you get there:)

So much snow here in the Northeast and more to come tomorrow and Wednesday. Believe it or not, I am already worried about our flight to FLL out of Boston mid March.:eek: We are going 2 days early this time but I hope all this white stuff goes away before then;)

If worse comes to worse, we can always get in the car and drive but it would be a loooong one.

Stay positive and have a great cruise:):)

Archived