AFT Cabins Brilliance of the seas

The aft cabins have the worst balconies on the entire ship!!!!! We were on the Jewel in December and just could not stand spending time out there.

I don't care what other posters say, if you have to wake up to this...

2010-12-17Sunrise.jpg

and then have to put up with this in the evenings...

2010-12-22Sunset.jpg

you may as well have just stayed home!!!! ;)

I'm with you Geaux Fish! We seem to have the 'bad luck' of finding and booking an aft cabin on many of our cruises. Darn! You'd think we'd learn to avoid those, as I'm urging others to do. ;)

(You think this strategy will work for us aft-lovers?!?!? teehee)

I am booked into 9256 on the Radiance at the end of the month. First time on the Radiance and first time in one of the coveted aft balcony cabins on that class of ship.

Loved the Jewel we were on last month, but had a port side D1, which we still loved.

Not sure if there is much difference between that cabin (interior) and the D2 which is 9256? Interior cabin layout not as important as the larger balcony, which is why I booked this cabin, but just curious if interior is the same.

Anyone have pics of the interior? I loved those pics of the outside, thanks! :)

Island lady: Here are some pics of 9256! If you click on the pick, it should bring up a large view from my Webshots page!

121166135FYcxTN_th.jpg

121174982bfMGMW_th.jpg

121175616WctdWJ_th.jpg

121175932mDPHSd_th.jpg

We've had 9256 on Radiance and you are right about part of the balcony only being usable for standing but... the balcony is so darned big, we really didn't miss that part. In fact, we have that same cabin currently booked for our next cruise.

Do have a question for you about the aft cabins on deck 10. Did you experiance any noise from the outdoor portion of the WJ above you?

Had a Deck 10 aft cabin a couple of years ago, and my experience was that we heard "sounds" but never "noise".

:)

Island lady: Here are some pics of 9256! If you click on the pick, it should bring up a large view from my Webshots page!

121166135FYcxTN_th.jpg

121174982bfMGMW_th.jpg

121175616WctdWJ_th.jpg

121175932mDPHSd_th.jpg

Fantastic!! :D

Thank you soooo much! :) Now I am looking forward even more than ever to this cabin!

Love all that balcony room!

we are in 8168 right below that 9256 on the Radiance in July. Very, very excited. After being on the Allure and shortly the Oasis, I don't think I'll complain about the walk to the aft stateroom. i was right next to an elevator on the Allure but if you want to talk about long walks, lets talk Allure/Oasis. Nothing can be that bad. But I agree, its good exercise if that is all the excerising one is doing that week. :D

The problem I had with 9256 was that it is only partially covered and I cannot be in the sun.

I like the depth of the other AFT cabins especially for Alaska.

My DH is a Florida "lizard"....so he loves the sun and the lounger. Me, I like a little shade and a little sun, and I spend most of my time standing and watching on the balcony rail.

This will be just perfect for us! Some sun...some shade...lots of balcony rail.

Archived