AFT Cabins Brilliance of the seas

Unless you hate this view:

ftzg94.jpg

The aft cabins on all Radiance class ships (Brilliance is one) are wonderful. Totally unobstructed views from your balcony. Perhaps if you have mobility issues, the walk to the back might be too long, but otherwise well worth it.

Do not second guess your choice of an aft cabin..many posters here will vouch for how nice they are.

Deb

Radiance class ships have the best aft balconies...no obstructions of any kind! It is, however, a really, really, really long walk back and forth to those cabins.

Agree...the walk is a killer...lol

But the view is great!

We had cabin 1100 on this ship..It was great!

We had 9256 an aft corner balcony for the Jewel of the Seas (another Radiance class ship) for a trans-Atlantic in May of 2009. We are doing another trans-Atlantic on the Jewel this May and have the aft cabin on deck 8 (8168) right below 9256. In September, we are doing a New England/Canada cruise on the Jewel again and once again, we were lucky enough to get aft cabin 9256. We have a cruise planned for April of 2012 on the Radiance and have an aft cabin on deck 10 for that one as well.

We LOVE the aft cabins on the Radiance class ships. It is a hike from the elevator to the cabin but the view and the size of the balconies more than make up for the walk.

Tim

The aft cabins have the worst balconies on the entire ship!!!!! We were on the Jewel in December and just could not stand spending time out there.

I don't care what other posters say, if you have to wake up to this...

2010-12-17Sunrise.jpg

and then have to put up with this in the evenings...

2010-12-22Sunset.jpg

you may as well have just stayed home!!!! ;)

We had 1602 on the Brilliance and loved it! It was the best cabin we had to date. Very quiet, large balcony and breathtaking panoramic views. The only drawback was the long walk from the Centrum lifts/stairs. After a few days, however, you get used to the walk--nice way to burn a few calories. :D

We had cabin 9256 on the Brilliance in 2004 and liked it so much we booked the same cabin on the Jewel for next month. We LIKE the longer walk (forces us to burn some extra calories). The hallways are a lot quieter because it is so far away from everything. There is more vibration and sway back there, but we like more movement. If we can't get aft - we go way up front!

They're all good, but personally, of the non-suite cabins, I prefer the ones on deck 10 (1102, etc.) to 9256. A lot of the balcony space on 9256 isn't particularly usable for anything other than standing.

We love the aft balconies on the Radiance Class ship. We have been in a balcony, junior suite and the grand suite. All great cabins. I aways have to laugh when people talk about how long a walk it is to the aft. Unless you have mobility problems it is really not much of a walk. Last time I timed it it was about one minute from the elevators.

They're all good, but personally, of the non-suite cabins, I prefer the ones on deck 10 (1102, etc.) to 9256. A lot of the balcony space on 9256 isn't particularly usable for anything other than standing.

We've had 9256 on Radiance and you are right about part of the balcony only being usable for standing but... the balcony is so darned big, we really didn't miss that part. In fact, we have that same cabin currently booked for our next cruise.

Do have a question for you about the aft cabins on deck 10. Did you experiance any noise from the outdoor portion of the WJ above you?

We love the aft balconies on the Radiance Class ship. We have been in a balcony, junior suite and the grand suite. All great cabins. I aways have to laugh when people talk about how long a walk it is to the aft. Unless you have mobility problems it is really not much of a walk. Last time I timed it it was about one minute from the elevators.

I agree with you about the walk. We had 9256 on the Radiance on our last cruise and timed it also. About a minute or so is all it takes from the elevators. Maybe we ought to keep the "long walk" comments going so more folks will stay away from the aft cabins huh?;)

I am booked into 9256 on the Radiance at the end of the month. First time on the Radiance and first time in one of the coveted aft balcony cabins on that class of ship.

Loved the Jewel we were on last month, but had a port side D1, which we still loved.

Not sure if there is much difference between that cabin (interior) and the D2 which is 9256? Interior cabin layout not as important as the larger balcony, which is why I booked this cabin, but just curious if interior is the same.

Anyone have pics of the interior? I loved those pics of the outside, thanks! :)

I am booked into 9256 on the Radiance at the end of the month. First time on the Radiance and first time in one of the coveted aft balcony cabins on that class of ship.

Loved the Jewel we were on last month, but had a port side D1, which we still loved.

Not sure if there is much difference between that cabin (interior) and the D2 which is 9256? Interior cabin layout not as important as the larger balcony, which is why I booked this cabin, but just curious if interior is the same.

Anyone have pics of the interior? I loved those pics of the outside, thanks! :)

You're gonna love that cabin and the Radiance. Most beautiful class of ship in RCL's fleet IMHO and has a great crew. I'll see if DW can rustle up some pic's of the interior of 9256.

You're gonna love that cabin and the Radiance. Most beautiful class of ship in RCL's fleet IMHO and has a great crew. I'll see if DW can rustle up some pic's of the interior of 9256.

Why thank you!! :) That is very sweet of you, and yes, I would love to see those pics!

Happy to hear that almost all comments were good about this cabin. I am looking forward to my stay! Am looking to book 2012 Alaska cruise, so this will be a trial run to see how we like the cabin, though I know I will have to be quick to snag one! :eek:

Also hear many ooohss... and ahhhhss about 1100, but naturally a bit cheaper to book the balcony versus the JS.

We've had 9256 on Radiance and you are right about part of the balcony only being usable for standing but... the balcony is so darned big, we really didn't miss that part. In fact, we have that same cabin currently booked for our next cruise.

We have 9256 booked for our Med cruise on Brilliance. Guess we'll just have to suffer through all of that standing room.:D

Hi

Off to Dubai in 20 days. Does anyone know what Deck 9 Aft cabins are like please. Was talking to someone who says they dont think they were any good is this right?

Jeanette

We had a "stern" facing cabin on the Brilliance (can't recall the number) and it was fantastic. When you sit back there, it seems like you're on your own private ship. As for the walk, welcome the extra steps, it's an oportunity to walk off dessert! Happy Crusin' :D

Archived