Live From the Decks of the Mercury The Final Two! 2/5/11 & 2/14/11

tuggers

Hi Host Anne. Have a wonderful cruise.

Are you or Host Andy able to delete pictures on this thread? Gail had trouble posting on this thread while on the ship because of the food pictures taking so long to load. We had also planned to post from our February 14th cruise, but will run into the same problem and will only be able to post from the ports. Don't go through any trouble; I know you have a cruise to go on tomorrow, but maybe Host Andy could help?

In a couple ports during our January 3rd Mercury cruise, we were unable to post because the Internet cafes wouldn't permit posting on Cruise Critic. We received an error. Any suggestions?

Kathy

Hi Kathy !

I'm sorry, I hadn't seen your post until tonight. Phil shared the perfect answer in Post #73.

2seawith me, sorry about your experience, hope you feel better..............

kathy and jack, have a wonderful final cruise on the mercury, say good by to her for us, and all who loved her.............

gail, tuggers, we are enjoying all your posts, thanks so much.........

i just did a bit of browsing around on one of my cruise sites, sorry i can't name it, but a few ov cabins just became available on this final sold out cruise, not cheap, but if anyone is interested, the ship leaves monday...:)

Thank you, Host Andy, for your reply. I will do what Phil suggested.

Thanks, Vicki & Jerry, for your bon voyage wishes. I can't believe we sail in just a few days or that we have been off the Mercury for 4 weeks since the January 3rd cruise and 9 weeks since the November 29th cruise. I will give the Mercury your goodbyes. Vicki, how is your arm? I've been thinking of you and hoping you are healing well.

Kathy

Mercury February 5, 2011 Day Six

We arrived in Nassau at 10 and wonder of wonders, we are docked right next to the terminal. We’ve done this a couple of times on Mercury over the last year and it sure is better than being at the very last dock. We were in today with a couple of Carnival ships. One was the Pride (which I always kid is an oxymoron) but I can’t remember what the other one was. In any case there was not a lot of people in town. Nice for a change because Nassau is usually very crowded.

From the sound of that last sentence you would think we went into town. The five of us sat in the Elite Breakfast area until 11. Jackie (Cil’s daughter) decided to go into town but the rest of us stayed onboard. I made my observations on how busy the town was from the upper decks.

I was out by the pool a little after 11, Roger joined me soon after. We had great plans to wait on lunch until 1 when Cil was going to come down but we were very close to the grill. After smelling hamburgers for an hour I decided to give in and eat one. I was barely seated at the table when I saw Roger was in line. Burgers and fries were very good. Bratwurst looked good too but I had a bacon burger with sautéed onions. It was very yummy!

Stayed out by the pool until about 2, then had some ice cream and went back to my cabin to shower and take a short rest before the cocktail hour. I didn’t fall asleep but sure wish I could have because the sun really takes it out of you.

Reggie (reggierail) sat with us for a while at cocktail hour. He came all the way from California to take this cruise. Can’t remember if he is staying on for the last cruise or going home after this one. We had pleasant conversation, good drinks and nice canapés. I’m going to miss my nightly Cosmo when I get home!

Went to see the movie Cyrus between cocktails and dinner. Strange movie. Roger and I stayed, Cil left. The ending made it a little better but it was still pretty strange.

Because we were a little late leaving Nassau (I think they were waiting on people from a tour) and the menu had Filet Mignon (takes a little longer our of the kitchen) our 7:45 table wasn’t ready until 8. We waited in the Martini Bar so no big deal. This is the first time it’s been late so I think that’s pretty good.

We really didn’t intend to have Select Dining but I had requested Mario as our waiter and they have him in Select now. So here we are. Because we have a set table and waiter it has worked out pretty well. And 8:30 is a little late, even for me. So 7:45 has worked out quite nicely.

Dinner:

Chilled Melon Midori

Warm Goat Cheese Croustillant

Roasted Vegetable Napoleon

Spinach Turnover (a hold over from the old menus and still good)

Vegetable Minestrone

Baked Potato Soup (good, fairly smoky from the bacon)

Roasted Pumpkin Soup

Slice Tomato and Red Onion Salad

Green Leaf and Radicchio Lettuce Salad

Penne Pasta Quattro Formaggi (WONDERFUL but much too rich for an entrée, Mario served it as a separate pasta course)

Seared Tuna Steak

Oven Roasted Turkey

Veal Cordon Blue

Petit Fillet Mignon (we all had this and it was great!)

Vietnamese Yellow Curry w/Potatoes

Tonight they had a great chocolate cake for Roger’s birthday. It had his name and happy 86th written on it. We had a large group of waiters, assistants, and asst Matre D’s singing Happy Birthday to him. Of course, JoAn wasted no time telling him he was older than she is. It’ll stay that way till May and then they’ll be the same age again!

We had a very nice time giving him funny cards and a couple of bottles of wine. Keep cruising, Roger it’ll keep you young!!

Bye For Now!

Mercury February 5, 2011 Day Seven

Boy this cruise is going fast! Seems like only a day or two since we boarded in a freezing rain in Baltimore! And while we’ve been on here it seems that a large part of the country has been suffering through another snow storm! When is this weather going to end? To you folks coming to meet us on the 14th, safe travels and consider coming an extra day early. You don’t want to miss Mercury’s farewell cruise!

We are still having a ball! Would have liked a couple more days of sun on the way down and the way back but we’ll take what we can get. It’s certainly better than freezing your tush off shoveling snow!

Made our way up to the Elite Breakfast in the Pavilion. Today’s ‘extra’ was walnut pancakes with syrup or strawberries and whipped cream. They were not quite as light as the blueberry pancakes we had earlier in the trip but still good. No Cappuccino for me this morning. I went straight to the Mimosa’s!! J

JoAn, Roger and I went to CoCo Cay on the tender. Very easy on and off. Sea was very calm and the trip took about 10 minutes. JoAn traded in her walker for a wheelchair with BIG tires that would roll in the sand. We found a place near a bar, bathroom and food.

No trouble getting chairs but unlike Labadee there was no one to move chairs for you. You had to wrestle them around yourself.

I went into the water. First thing I noticed was how cold it was. Coldest water of any time I’ve been to the Bahamas. Second thing was how rocky the bottom was. Small stones to big rocks, they were all there until you got about 25 feet from shore. There were still bigger rocks further out to stub your toe on. It definitely is not as nice as Labadee which has a wonderful, soft sand bottom. I went in one time, stayed about an hour and then fought the rocks coming out. Neither JoAn or Roger went in.

I read for a while until Roger came back from checking out the food to announce that they were serving. So we went over (after all it had been at least a couple of hourssince we had eaten!) and loaded plates with BBQ chicken and ribs, beans, fried rice, corn on the cob, cole slaw, fresh pineapple and watermelon. Dessert was pear upside down cake and coconut cookies. All very good!

Afterwards we sat and talked for a while and then headed back to the tender. We went through security and stepped on the tender. I know we didn’t sit there more than 5 minutes and we only had a few passengers, but they took off for the trip back to the ship.

This tendering was some of easiest I’ve ever done. Water was calm, no stairs to walk, just a ramp. There were people with walkers, scooters and wheelchairs who navigated the tenders with ease.

Roger went to his cabin but JoAn and I went to the pool. She stayed until about 2 and I hung in there until after 3. It was overcast and there was a nice breeze so I had a great nap! Hope I wasn’t snoring! J

Grabbed some mango sherbet and vanilla ice cream before heading up to my cabin. A hot shower felt really, really good! Glad to get all the salt off.

By four I was back in the Elite Lounge. Today Sallie and Cal from Indiana joined us. They are a fun couple so our two hours flew by. I normally have two drinks but today I had three! In fact I think we all had one more than usual. We were talking and laughing and the drinks just went down!

I had planned to see the movie Wild Target at six but Mellissa (CCH) had asked me to meet with her in the Cova at 7:15. I’m not sure who is in it but it’s a comedy and I thought I would give it a try. I’ll catch it on the next cruise!

Cil and Roger went to the show tonight. Karen Grainger, a singing impersonator was the headliner. They really liked her so I was sorry I didn’t make it. Not sure if there will be another show. No place for her to get off before Baltimore so she may do another, short show. If she does, I’ll be sure to go. I should see at least one show every cruise! J

We had guests for dinner tonight. Jackie, the Guest Relations Manager and Anca, the Event Coordinator joined us. We were so happy they could fit it in their schedule! Everyone has lots of extra things to do for the ships closing so we weren’t sure they would be able to join us this cruise. Did find out that Jackie is going to the Summit and Anca to the Equinox.

Dinner:

Fresh Fruit Minestrone

Shaved Prosciutto with Melon

Smoked Salmon and Cheese Ball

Poached Pear and Gorgonzola Cheese (this was good, most of us had it)

Cream of Broccoli (not as good as the other cream of broccoli from an earlier night)

Double Beef Consommé

Musk Melon

Romaine, Frissee and Escarole Salad

Fresh Lettuce and Plum Tomato Salad

Pappardelle con Funghi

Crispy Grouper in Phyllo Dough

Chicken Florentine Supreme

Mushroom Crusted Rack of Lamb

French Pot-au-Feu (braised beef shoulder, had it once and that was enough!)

Gorgonzola and Spinach with Buffalo Mozzarella

I wasn’t wild about anything so I had the New York steak from the anytime menu. It was quite good. Anca had the lamb and she said it was very nice. Everyone else had the grouper and liked it so maybe next cruise I’ll try it myself.

Several things I haven’t eaten this trip that I enjoy: lamb, stir fry, pizza, pasta, omelet and eggs benedict. I’ll have to be sure and have some before the 26th!

I’m tired tonight. All the sun and fun took its toll and I’m ready for bed!

Bye For Now!

Gail,

Thanks, thanks, thanks! Will Mario still be in Select dining for the February 14th cruise? He thought he would be going to Select dining after our Select dining waiter, whom we had for three cruises, was leaving the ship to go on vacation. Also, thanks for confirming about Stewart being on Millennium and also your other information as well. See you in three or four days depending on when I actually see you.

Kathy

Thank you for the info on Coco Cay for disabled passengers. I use a wheelchair and getting information on things like tenders and whether they have beach wheelchairs out of the special needs department is like yanking teeth from a tiger. We'll be on the 14th and already know that at St Kitts it will be the Marriott resort and their accessible beach for us. :) And I will get up early enough this cruise to do the Elite breakfasts. They sound absolutely delicious. Just wish they kept it going until, ohh, 11am...

And I thought you got the "cruise bug" on the Galaxy when you met those of us who later became the Mercury Amigos. lol.

That was just the enforcer of my feelings about being on a cruise ship;), but the very first one was on Mercury. 2003 and 2005 were special though, weren't they?:cool:

Phil

Hi All! kelly and I missed the initital CC events as I was very sick. I actually checked myself out of the hospital against doctors orders so I can cruise...so I'm currently posting from the Mercury!!

Honestly...While Kelly and I are certainly enjoying the company of each other as we don't get to spend as much time together as we like as best friends, we've been less than impressed with service on the Mercury.

Often, we return to our stateroom to find no toilet paper, no towels...not replaced towels, but missing towels, the no ice, etc. Frustrating.

Some evenings when I couldn't leave the room it took over 40 minutes to get a menu from the dining room, and we were made to feel like we were asking for more than we should. Kelly could not than order dinner, as two dinners would have been one hour additional and I needed medicine. I was able to get an appetizer so I could take meds in about 20 minutes.

We're on deck 10 in 1007. So, C2 category.

I had called to check on hot tub times as I really needed it after leaving the hospital. I was told 10pm interior and t pool, and outside 8 pm. Most nights all pools have closed before 8 with some closed all day, or at 6.

The food is exceedlying better than eclipse, however.

I know what some will say... "better than your worst day at work" Well, I'm retired, I have my own hot tub, and I usually don't miss having toilet paper.

Someone earlier in the month had posted about the times of the pool and that was why I had called to confirm. It might seem like not a big deal to some, but it's been to me. It's the difference between being able to walk, or having to use a walker or wheelchair.

The bands have been really really good, in our opinion, on the bright side. And Bijana in the spa is just the sweetest thing in the world and I wish I could visit her all the time. We also have Danilo in the Dining room and he is awesome.

It just sucks being in pain 24-7 and paying $200 for a pool that closes two hours earlier than I was told by three different reps. :(

I was planning to book the NOV 18th silh. sailing, but I don't think Celebrity is for me because it's too inconsistant ship to ship to the home base service.

We will be making it to our lunch God willing so maybe we will finally meet some CC'ers.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

This post is a joke, correct? We have been on Mercury four times, and find the service, in the staterooms,dining room, room service, pool, bars, etc. Excellent.

I guess a cruise is what you make of it!

This post is a joke, correct? We have been on Mercury four times, and find the service, in the staterooms,dining room, room service, pool, bars, etc. Excellent.

I guess a cruise is what you make of it!

I especially have trouble with the part about the cabin condition (towels, etc). I've been on Merc 4 times recently & have never had any issues whatsoever. I can see maybe forgetting one thing but to have repeat problems? I'm not saying these things didn't happen ... it's just that it's hard to imagine. Maybe they came back to their room before the cabin guys were finished with it?????

I don't have any difficulty believing that a passenger(s) felt that certain aspects of the conditions on the Mercury were less than stellar. We were on the October 18, 2010 sailing (along with Tuggers and others) and felt the same way. In fact, we noted a few of the deficiencies on our exit customer survey. I am baffled as to why some cruisers seem to always have "perfect" cruises on Celebrity - or at least they seem to be unwilling to admit that Celebrity in general or the Mercury specifically have allowed quality to slip somewhat.

On an earlier "Live From" post by Tuggers on this current cruise, she reported that the Carnival Pride was in port with the Mercury at the same time in the Bahamas and made a remark about the "Pride" being an oxymoron. For those readers who are interested in comments by those who have sailed on other cruise lines, I, as someone that has sailed on: Disney, Celebrity (Galaxy and Mercury), Royal Caribbean (Mariner of the Seas), and Carnival (Glory, Dream and Pride), I personally would prefer to sail on Carnival than on Celebrity. I'm not sure why RCCL and Celebrity Cruisers feel the need to knock Carnival; if given the choice between Celebrity and Carnival, I would easily decide on Carnival for the following reasons, IMHO: better bedding, better food, better bars (I recognize that some Celebrity Cruisers are particularly enamored with the "Martini Bar") better entertainment, etc,.

It's fine for certain folks to prefer Celebrity; but this 61 year-old non wild-partier, doesn't believe that the knocks on Carnival are justified - and I would like potential cruisers to have another opinion.

I don't have any difficulty believing that a passenger(s) felt that certain aspects of the conditions on the Mercury were less than stellar. We were on the October 18, 2010 sailing (along with Tuggers and others) and felt the same way. In fact, we noted a few of the deficiencies on our exit customer survey. I am baffled as to why some cruisers seem to always have "perfect" cruises on Celebrity - or at least they seem to be unwilling to admit that Celebrity in general or the Mercury specifically have allowed quality to slip somewhat.

On an earlier "Live From" post by Tuggers on this current cruise, she reported that the Carnival Pride was in port with the Mercury at the same time in the Bahamas and made a remark about the "Pride" being an oxymoron. For those readers who are interested in comments by those who have sailed on other cruise lines, I, as someone that has sailed on: Disney, Celebrity (Galaxy and Mercury), Royal Caribbean (Mariner of the Seas), and Carnival (Glory, Dream and Pride), I personally would prefer to sail on Carnival than on Celebrity. I'm not sure why RCCL and Celebrity Cruisers feel the need to knock Carnival; if given the choice between Celebrity and Carnival, I would easily decide on Carnival for the following reasons, IMHO: better bedding, better food, better bars (I recognize that some Celebrity Cruisers are particularly enamored with the "Martini Bar") better entertainment, etc,.

It's fine for certain folks to prefer Celebrity; but this 61 year-old non wild-partier, doesn't believe that the knocks on Carnival are justified - and I would like potential cruisers to have another opinion.

Hmmm ... I almost always stay away from conflict on these boards but I am wondering why you got so defensive. No one on this thread is criticizing CCL. A couple of us are just shocked at the comments made by one poster who is currently on the Mercury. We are not lauding Celebrity or being critical of any other cruise line. I think you are the first to bring that subject up, which is totally irrelevant to the topic of this thread ... what's going on on the Mercury right now. Maybe you could have started a new thread or something? It's not that your opinion is invalid, it's just that this is not the place to start an argument about which cruise line is better & about X cruisers putting down other lines.

Oh, I was also on the Oct 18 Mercury cruise & had a good time ... no complaints about cabin, food, etc service.

Maybe this post & the previous one could be deleted so we don't stray from the topic at hand?

Bonnie, I was not being defensive - I was responding to Tuggers' remark about the "Pride" being an "oxymoron" and Blong 2200's comment that it must be a "joke" if anyone had any criticism of the Mercury. If you were to review my comments since joining Cruise Critic in 2002, you would see that I am not a "flamer". But I don't appreciate the Celebrity devotees dismiss other cruiselines or anyone who may have a criticism of Celebrity.

Mercury February 5, 2011 Day Eight

Boy, is time flying by! I am so glad this is a B2B. Nine nights is just not enough!

I was so hoping for a half day of sun and good temperatures today but it was not to be. By 9 AM it was 70 and windy with falling temps. Not a day you wanted to put a bathing suit on and go out by the pool!

I am going to list a few things I have neglected to mention for those who are interested:

Music – Pool Band is Sixty to Eighty a five piece Philippine group. I left after they

murdered both Jimmy Buffett and Bob Marley!

Rendez-Vous is the Carl Williams Band

Cova has John Winters, The Lucky Charms (Strings) and Rodney Earp

Champagne Bar is Oliver Holland

The Celebrity Orchestra

Onboard Lecture series – Peter Watson, Lady Carolyn

A sample day of trivia:

9:30 Initials Quiz

10:00 Movie Trivia

1:00 Frustrations Trivia

4:30 Opposition wars

Movies this trip:

The Other Guys

Salt

The American

The Social Network

Cyrus

Wild Target

Cairo Time

Get Low

Entertainers:

Pearl Kaufman Pianist

Fred Klett, Comedy

Karen Grainger, Singing Impressionist

Today was the Captain’s Club Party. It was held at 12:15 in the Pavilion. Unfortunately it conflicted with the Cruise Critic Luncheon (I heard they had a choice of Prime Rib or fish and that it was well attended). The food at the Captain’s Club Party consisted of two carving stations (one beef, one pork), sushi, pasta, crepes plus fruits and sweets with a chocolate fountain. Several drinks were offered including Wine, Champagne, Cosmo, Bloody Mary, etc. Entertainment was the Celebrity Orchestra and the Celebrity Singers and Dancers. It was a good event. Upbeat and fun. MC was Stewart (I love him!) and also Mellissa who has become a first rate CCH!

Let’s recap my day: Started with a Cappuccino and two Mimosa’s at breakfast, had three White Wines at the Captain’s Club Party. Took a nap (gee, I wonder why) and was late for the Elite Lounge where I had a double Cosmo. Wine with Dinner. Good day so far, huh?

Did I mention what was the ‘extra’ goodie at the Elite Breakfast? Chocolate French Toast with a warm Vanilla Sauce and Whipped Cream. Is that decadent or what??? I may have to get off in Baltimore to find Omar the Tentmaker and get some new, larger, clothes! J

Dinner:

Batonet of Pears and Apples (Cil thought this was very good)

Steak Tartar

Salmon Gravlax

Wild Mushroom Vol-Au-Vent (another of the old menu standards and still very good)

Chicken and Corn Chowder (don’t think any of left a drop)

Duck Consommé

Green Pea and Mint Soup

Mediterranean Baby Greens Salad

Seasonal Mixed Lettuce

Braised Beef Short Rib Lasagna

Momma’s Pork Chops

Lobster Mélange

Cornish Game Hen

Tournedos Rossini (excellent!)

Eggplant Ratatouille Napoleon

It was Baked Alaska night but I had Pistachio Ice Cream. No green food coloring! Lots of nuts. I LOVE it!

The food on this cruise has been exceptional! Chef Walter has made a huge difference!

Everything is presented wonderfully, seasoned to perfection and served by the best waiters sailing! Anyone who finds fault with the food on Mercury needs to come talk to me because everything I’ve had has been great!

If ya’ll remember my last cruise (in the same cabin) I had a little trouble with my Cabin Steward. This trip I have Cecep and his asst Daniel. They could not be better! Always trying to do something extra for me. I’ve had great CS’s before and these two are right up there!

Mellissa (CCH), Angela (CSM) and Elliott (CSM’s Asst) are all wonderful! Mellissa is always ready to go above and beyond to make sure her CC Members are happy, Angela is very knowledgeable about the cruises and Elliott is a really nice addition to Angela’s team.

Jackie (GSM) is great and her team at Guest Services are always there, ready to help. I recently had some dealings with Carlo the Concierge and he is really on the ball! He took care of getting JoAn a scooter for the next cruise and found me a great price on a van to take some of us to G & M’s for lunch Monday. And, of course, Anca the Event Coordinator is just terrific! She handles all sorts of requests with ease and is so nice while she does it!

Should I put in another plug for Stewart? Oh, what the heck! I always LOVED Don Fluke (and still do) and called him the best CD ever. But Don has gone to the dark side (he’s on Whisper now) so I have bestowed that title on Stewart! Stewart is now my favorite and best CD! He is so much fun and takes the extra time to make all the passengers feel special. What a guy!

One more day! I imagine it will be cold enough for sweat suits and jeans on Sunday. And it’ll be Wednesday before we hit bathing suit weather again! But at least we will have some nice warm beaches after that. So for all you folks coming to Baltimore, drive carefully, fly safely and we’ll see you onboard Mercury come Monday. And leave the snow at home!!

Bye For Now!

I think I now will always question when I see people play the "I was on the same cruise as you and had a totally different experience" card.

My cabin steward has actually already apologized because there was apparently some sort of confusion with subbing and our cabin was missed many times. I think they are nice people, and have done many things to make up for it, but I think things have just been bad.

Even this morning, they lost our room service card. No biggie, we waited the 30 minute window, than another fifteen minutes, and ordered form the kitchen. Without asking, we were told it would be rushed. We were grateful, because we both need food to take medication. 45 minutes later, food had not arrived. I called my services contact, and food arrived withing 5 minutes...but it was someone elses meal. Ended up going to the packed buffet. This is simple stuff...the holiday inn can get correct service. We have a reputation for tipping well with those who are serving us. A lot of people on this boat are just eager to get off of it, and it's showing in our specific treatment.

I'm not sure about others, but we've been hearing from many crew members about how upset they are about their assignments and possibly this is some part of our issues. Many are assigned to Alaska and are upset about it. And being quite vocal. I don't find that a professional thing to do. There is a sweet girl in the gift shop who is over the moon with her new schedule.

Honestly, service in the buffett has been pretty good because we've been kind of recognized as the "girls who tip" so not much of a problem up there. Someone told me yesterday that up to that day, not one person had ever offered them a gratuity for their service in the buffet area, and this is their fourth celebrity assignment. And than they refused to let me tip them.

This is my fifth cruise, I'm not new to crusing and I never expect a perfect experience. I do expect certain things to be kept up on. Just because someone else didn't experience problems, does not mean they don't happen. I have visited luxury properties all over the country...my best friend on the cruise with me just happens to be a property manager of several sites...hospitality industry is nothing new. I have raved on here about how wonderful my experience on the Eclipse was.

I am actually posting now for advice...for those on the cruise, you can now confirm there is an out of order sign on the sauna. Apparently, the sauna steps are disassembled every evening and cleaned and than reassembled.

The steps were put together incorrectly and I fell badly today as the steps literally fell apart as I descended them. I spent a good portion of my day in the infirmary getting emergency injections.

I'm getting worse and there's nothing they can do to help me. I was able to get out to dinner but we had to leave. Honestly, our waiter team has made this vacation for us with all of the issues with other areas. I've never had such stellar service, even in Blu.

What am I to expect here? I am afraid to accept offered compensation (I don't want, nor have I asked for any) because I know legally it will compromise their liability to cover any future treatment associated with the fall. Has anyone had American Express aid them, or do I contact my travel insurance first?

I'm interested in advice from those who can help. Those who know me, know I have no need or interest in "gaining" from anything. If you want to tell me how crazy I am because your vacation is great, Post all you want, but I won't be reading.

Jay, pls keep me updated on the weather conditions as Cil's daughter will be flying out Monday. We are trying to get 4 more people to join a van going to G & M around 11:30 for lunch. I know you'll be working but what about Carla???

Bonnie, thanks. Stupid offhand remark on my part. I HAVE sailed Carnival and had such a bad experience I didn't cruise again for 7 years! I do cruise other lines and have 35 sailings on other lines includng ones owned by CCL but my heart is with X!

I was hoping to run into you. I literally came downstairs in my pjs to try to email my hubby. :) Don't really want to wander around too much!

I'd insist on free phone service to contact your travel insurance before signing off on anything other than required emergency treatment to stop blood flowing, set bones, etc. I'm not the lawyer wanting type either but I learned after getting rear ended this past summer that it'll save you trouble if you let your insurance people handle the details. And if you feel the need to wander around in your pj's you might need to be checked for a head injury. :)

I'd insist on free phone service to contact your travel insurance before signing off on anything other than required emergency treatment to stop blood flowing, set bones, etc. I'm not the lawyer wanting type either but I learned after getting rear ended this past summer that it'll save you trouble if you let your insurance people handle the details. And if you feel the need to wander around in your pj's you might need to be checked for a head injury. :)

I needed this laugh!! :)

Don't worry, I was not the lady in a negligee and robe at the buffet the other day.

For anyone still onboard checking, they have repaired the sauna!! I won't be using it, but they set two more pieces of wood underneath the first tier.

And I will agree with other sentiments...best food of any other cruise we've ever been on, hands down.

They were able to give me some injections today that helped.

Off to face the lions! I'm really sad...I was really looking forward to booking the silh. sailing to surprise my husband and it's because of how things have been handled, that unless something huge happens today, I won't be.

Thank you for those who have not felt I'm some huge drama queen.

Archived