Favorite deck to sleep on: Ruby Princess

wrxrob

What is your favorite deck to reserve your cabin on, and why do you like it?

I was lured to the cruise by the low price of the plaza deck, but now we are considering the Aloha, Riviera, and Lido (if they are still available)

If I'm in a mini-suite, I prefer the Emerald deck cabins because they are covered and private. If I have a balcony, I prefer Caribe deck.

Last month, I was on Baja and while it was OK, there was a lot of noise from the pool parties above after sailaways. I had to close my balcony door for peace and quiet. The only thing I like about the higher decks is that there's more movement so I'm rocked to sleep.

We like the Riviera deck (600-700 rooms) because you are so close to the back of the ship where the adult pool area and Horizon Court are. You are also close to the elevator that takes you down to the dining room in the evening.

We like Emerald deck in the middle. Cabin E417 and 419 are our favs because they are supposedly completely obstructed but there is nothing in front of the window except some steps and rigging for the life boats. We like being in the middle and center of the ship for ease of getting everywhere easily and if stormy weather occurs less movement is noted.

I always check the "Deck Plans" before I book a cabin. We've tried them all and I've found that I prefer the Emerald Deck [aft]. It's perfect for my walk in the evening, back from the theatre.

I can certainly see the advantage to being somewhere in the middle of the ship, that way you're close to everything.

I couldn't stand to have too much noise from above, while I was trying to rest in my cabin.

We thought we'd like the Lido Deck because it was close to the pool and buffet.........hated it. Once folks found out that this deck was a short cut to the pizza and pool area the hallways were like "Grand Central!"

How do you tell what is above and below you? We're on Baja on the Ruby, but it doesn't appear to have any pools above it?

We just got off the Ruby Princess this morning! Our room was Baja 246, it is near the front of the boat on port side and a perfect walk from the elevators. We had a covered balcony also. I have to say I was kinda nervous about our room as this was our first cruise but now I say we loved it! It was very quiet and as much as I thought the movement of the cruise would make me sick I actually couldnt sleep if we werent moving alot!

We are going again this time next year and I will for sure request the same area for our cabin! It will be on a different ship though as I believe we are doing a Western or Southern Caribean cruise.

We love Baja balcony cabins in the 500-600 range. There are cabins above and below you, and it's a very quiet deck. On our last two Ruby TA's we've been in B 607 and 609. We always book Baja deck on any of our Princess cruises.

We were midship on the Riviera last year and chose the same deck this year. Something that may be of interest to you that no one has pointed out yet.... the way the balconies are designed anything below the Riviera has no privacy because they jut out further than the other decks. We could look over the edge and see right down into everyone's balcony on all the decks below us. Riviera is the deck that this changes on.

How about the Dolphin deck? Is it different from Caribe or Emerald?

Lots of people don't like Dolphin deck because other decks can see you in your balcony. The one time I was on that deck (but not on the Ruby) we had a blast meeting our neighbors, because otherwise you might never meet them. So its more social, but less private, and provides little coverage from the sun! Its also where a majority of the mini suites are.

Riviera Deck aft is our favorite, followed by Plaza Deck. I really don't care for decks without a door to the outside decks or large public area. I also don't care for the mid ship elevators. Because there are two banks of elevators with two separate call button systems, people push both and then take the first one that comes, resulting in elevators that stop at nearly every deck and no one gets on. That started to drive me nuts, and we decided we're happier at the front or the back of the ship.

I have to chuckle a bit here, because when I read the title of this thread, my first thought was "I prefer to not sleep on the deck - I try to make it back to my cabin each night..." :eek:

Having said that I too prefer Caribe deck with the balconies that are larger and half covered, half open. Plus you're halfway between the upper activity decks and the lower ones. :)

Archived