Article on Azamara & Larry Pimentel

Andy

I agree it's a great article. I think the true luxury lines could learn a lesson from Azamara and spend more overnights in port.

I hope they don't cancel the July 28, 2012 cruise which has three nights in Rouen, which is very convenient to Paris as well as three in Dublin. Experiencing nightlife in some of these great ports is something I want to do. We have never been on a luxury line. If Azamara sends its ships to the Olympics late July of 2012, unfortunately, we'll miss out and book Princess British Isles.

I couldn't help but think this article was a recycled article from when Larry was with SeaDream. Sounds like the same talking points. Does it work to go from a 110 passenger ship and drop in the exact model into a 700 passenger ship? I think it loses something in the translation - but I haven't tried Azamara so I wouldn't know. (and probably won't since my passion is small ships) Has anyone taken both SeaDream and Azamara?

They put a piano in the library! [Article photo incorrectly labeled as Breeza but it is the library]. S***. That was my favorite quiet place to go on the ship. It's bad enough he screwed up the itineraries for two years but we were all booked on two great new itineraries for 2012 but now we'll have to rethink as a quiet library is an absolute requirement for us.

Archived