Zaandam

Minya

which C category outside cabins on lower promanade deck are affected by noise from the galley on on the deck above from C3370 back?.

also iread that there is a corkerage charge of $15.00 for opening wine or champagne in restaurants is that right or is it 15% service tip?

which C category outside cabins on lower promanade deck are affected by noise from the galley on on the deck above from C3370 back?.

also iread that there is a corkerage charge of $15.00 for opening wine or champagne in restaurants is that right or is it 15% service tip?

It is $18 corkage for wine you bring aboard and have them open, say in the dining room. It is 15% tip for alcohol and soft drinks you purchase on board.

It is $18 corkage for wine you bring aboard and have them open, say in the dining room. It is 15% tip for alcohol and soft drinks you purchase on board.

Thankyou it would be alcohol bought on the ship.Im glad I asked that question !!

If I were booking an outside cabin on Lower Promenade on the Zaandam, I would want a cabin between the forward and mid-ship elevators.

Thankyou so the galley part must be quite large then? I was looking at C3370 but I ahve asuspicion that is over the galley.

Do you think cabins opposite elevators and stairs are noisy?

Thankyou so the galley part must be quite large then? I was looking at C3370 but I ahve asuspicion that is over the galley.

The galley is between the mid-ship and aft elevator banks. I didn't check the deck-plans to see where that cabin is, but you have enough info to go on now.

Do you think cabins opposite elevators and stairs are noisy?

Many times I've stayed in an inside cabin on Main Deck that abuts the mid-ship staircase. I also had an outside cabin there that was behind the elevators. No noise problem as far as I was concerned.

Sometimes people walking by will talk too loud, but that can happen by any cabin.

The galley is between the mid-ship and aft elevator banks. I didn't check the deck-plans to see where that cabin is, but you have enough info to go on now.

Many times I've stayed in an inside cabin on Main Deck that abuts the mid-ship staircase. I also had an outside cabin there that was behind the elevators. No noise problem as far as I was concerned.

Sometimes people walking by will talk too loud, but that can happen by any cabin.

thankyou thats very helpful I think i will look for a different cabin I suspect the galley starts beneath it but I'd love to know for sure.

might look at main deck instead depends what is left on lower promanade but I will find out on Monday.

it seems to me D category is much the same as c for a lower price and different position.

Except for a few cabins on the stern, the outside cabins are pretty much all alike. The biggest difference is that the ones on Lower Promenade are smaller than the others. They aren't a lot smaller, but it is noticible when you walk around in each.

Can anyone tell me when the formal nights are on this cruise. Also, are the menus repeated the second week? Does anyone have the dinner menus for this cruise? Is it far from where the ship docks in each port to the gangway. If you have trouble walking, should a wheelchair be considered? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

We just left the Zaandam last Sunday morning and the formal nights were on days 3,5,10 and 13. The menus were not repeated the second week. I have most of the menus and will try to answer any specific questions you might have. Hubby used a walker and was ok with all of the ports though we did not look for any shore excursions that required extensive walking.

The galley is on deck4 and the lower promenade is deck 3 so the galley is above those LP cabins forward of the the aft elevators. Pinnacle Grille and the wine cellar are between the mid and the forward elevators on the port side so not as much noise from above in those cabins. The noisiest kitchen work is on the port side. Starboard side is mostly storage, plating and serving lines I believe, but it has been a while since I took the kitchen tour.

We were "upgraded" to cabin 3374 on the Zaandam for our Hawaii cruise. It was the first time in 8 cruises that we wished we had a different cabin. Strange noises coming through the walls, alarms going off, very strange. And I'm not usually bothered by noise. It didn't affect my sleep, but just was very noticeable.

We had a "C" category guarantee, and it was the last time we will book a C guarantee again. :eek:

Flindy and Doc,

Thank you for your response. I have been away from the computer for a while so I just saw your response. Day 13 is the last night on the cruise, a Saturday. Is that the last formal night? On other HAL ships, that night is usually Dutch night. I guess I'm interested because I want to reserve the pinnacle grill for that night.

Day 14 was on Saturday (a smart casual dinner) for us and we disembarked on Sunday. Friday then was day 13 and the formal Farewell Dinner. I finally got my escargot and surf and turf that evening. :-) Be sure to check out Dr. Boogie in the piano lounge early in your cruise. He will play (and sing) nearly anything you request and is very talented.

We had cabin 3336 on the Zaandam for a cruise and loved it. It is below the art gallery and very quiet, and provided quick and easy access to the outside. Though only a few doors aft of the atrium, we never heard any noise from the atrium.

Has anyone taken this excursion with HAL? At one point the description mentions a tram ride for the gardens. Is that an aerial ride on a cable car? My sister is afraid of heights so I'm afraid to book this excursion if the tram is not on the ground. Thanks for your help!

Archived