Departure evening dining

Stardancer68

That includes the first night.I ran into a couple who's luggage did not make it and the M'dtre D told them they should have worn long pants on the airplane. They were not allowed in but sent to the Buffet.

Since losing luggage is a real possibility these days, I never wear shorts on an airplane.

After losing my luggage after a flight I always carry a change of clothes in my hand luggage.

Sometimes it is a while before the cases reach your cabin anyway and it is good to shower and change before dinner.

We've worn jeans before on the lst and last nights, not with holes, etc. but we always wear them on the plane. Since the luggage doesn't have to be out before dinner we usually wait until after dinner and then change into our jeans and put our dinner clothes in the suitcase before putting it out. We bring a change of clothes in our carry on, but it's usually shorts so it doesn't take up as much room. I always bring a couple of pair of extra underwear....hey if I'm clean on the inside I don't worry about the otherwear!:o Bringing your bathing suit in your carry on bag is always a good idea. At least if something happens to your luggage you've got something to wear while you wash out your clothes.

Question: On the night the ship leaves port is traditional/anytime dining served and if so are you allowed casual wear for that night only or will we

have to get out of our shorts into regular night dining clothing? Just wondering.

No shorts. Period. Even in the specialty restaurants. You have the option of going to the buffet, ordering room service or the Ultimate Balcony Dinner.

Although every one says they will not let you in wearing shorts most likely you will be seated and told that on subsequent evenings shorts are not acceptable. If they give you any problems just tell them you haven't received you luggage yet.

On recent cruises this year even shorts have been seen being worn on casual evenings, so they are becoming more common, even on Princess.

Although every one says they will not let you in wearing shorts most likely you will be seated and told that on subsequent evenings shorts are not acceptable. If they give you any problems just tell them you haven't received you luggage yet.

On recent cruises this year even shorts have been seen being worn on casual evenings, so they are becoming more common, even on Princess.

We have noted that women are allowed to wear shorts, in fact to a cycnical mind, one might surmise that the shorter the shorts and the better the leg, the better the service, seating and otherwise. As I said - to a cynical mind

Question: On the night the ship leaves port is traditional/anytime dining served and if so are you allowed casual wear for that night only or will we

have to get out of our shorts into regular night dining clothing? Just wondering.

Well, as is often the case, my experience is contrary to what

some people post here.

On my last cruise, I finished packing, and went to the dining room

around 9:00pm to give my waiter one thing I had forgotten.

I was wearing shorts. I said to the head waiter "Don't worry,

I'm not eating, I just want to drop something off" -- with regard

to my clothes.

He said it was the last night and "anything was fine".

Archived