2012 / 2013 RCI Deployment Opening Schedule

mac_tlc

No brainer on that choice. And a TA is new for your, isn't it?

Alaska prices may come down a bit in the next year or two. After Alaska put a head tax (and other taxes) in place a few years ago, all the lines pulled out ships. Now that Alaska has been making concessions (their Governor has been pretty proactive), some lines (not RCI) have committed to move ships in for summer, 2012 and possibly beyond.

Hello again Sherri!! :)

Yes, the TA would be new for me. We loved our first 10 night to Panama...and ready to expand our horizons! :D

Tough to do more than a two week cruise, as I can't leave my girls (2 spoiled cats) much more than that. :eek:

Hmmm...Alaska governor eh??? Is that because Sarah has "left the building"??? ;)

Hello again Sherri!! :)

Yes, the TA would be new for me. We loved our first 10 night to Panama...and ready to expand our horizons! :D

Tough to do more than a two week cruise, as I can't leave my girls (2 spoiled cats) much more than that. :eek:

Hmmm...Alaska governor eh??? Is that because Sarah has "left the building"??? ;)

Governor is Sean Parnell -- who succeeded Sarah. The legislature pretty much rode roughshod in enacting these taxes prior to Sarah. Then, they found out how much money they were loosing and Parnell took the reins into his own hands last year and got pro-active.

SherriZ366:

I know that freedom of the Seas will be going out of Port Canaveral at least through November 2012. I am going on a full ship charter of FOS November 11th to 18th. My DH and I want to do a B2B on FOS for Thanskgiving....Karen

Governor is Sean Parnell -- who succeeded Sarah. The legislature pretty much rode roughshod in enacting these taxes prior to Sarah. Then, they found out how much money they were loosing and Parnell took the reins into his own hands last year and got pro-active.

Thanks Sherri,

Perhaps now with the replaced governor, we will see more competitive pricing again for RCI Alaska routes. Going online to check pricing on the competition, looks like they are quite a bit cheaper, though I am still a "loyal royal"....so will just wait and see. :)

Forgot to ask you.....is there a deal going on to make you switch your January sail date?

I haven't seen any Brilliance itineraries any where yet. All we know that she is cruising out of Amsterdam until mid-July, doing a cruise that goes from Amsterdam to Copenhagen in mid July, then starting 7 day cruises out of Copenhagen. Basically, the only info came out of the RCI press release. There have been no mention of the ports she is to visit as far as I can tell.

Yes, they make it too thrilling... :mad:!

But this week they MUST be out, the itineraries of Brilliance of the Seas!!

Today they are also not released!!

Is this possible that the itineraries are updated at 05:00 pm per day? :confused:

Otherwise, they have to be released tomorrow or Friday! ;)

Can you post the link of RCI's press release, please? :)

SherriZ366:

I know that freedom of the Seas will be going out of Port Canaveral at least through November 2012. I am going on a full ship charter of FOS November 11th to 18th. My DH and I want to do a B2B on FOS for Thanskgiving....Karen

That's good to know and a good indication of what the company is doing. I think when itineraries come out for Caribbean during the week of April 11, we will see FOS in Port C through the end of the period (ie April 2013).

Thanks Sherri,

Perhaps now with the replaced governor, we will see more competitive pricing again for RCI Alaska routes. Going online to check pricing on the competition, looks like they are quite a bit cheaper, though I am still a "loyal royal"....so will just wait and see. :)

Forgot to ask you.....is there a deal going on to make you switch your January sail date?

No, we switched for two reasons. A long time cruising buddy is taking a group of folks with service dogs on the ship and they changed to Jan. 29. Then another couple that we met i n Jan. 2011 was booked on that date also. So we changed. We're actually paying $100 more per person than when I booked Jan. 15 as that was a few months ago. The ship has lots of capacity though so keep checking prices and think about joining us.

Whatever you do, never do a Sydney to Honolulu cruise on the Rhapsody or Radiance.:D We've finally got a second ship down here, we don't want to lose one or both!:eek:

In saying that, you're more than welcome to do the reverse from Honolulu to Sydney.;)

I have been wanting to go from Honolulu to Sydney, just wish they spent more days in Bora Bora and the islands. That cruise looks like a lot of fun.

Bad news on the announcement of the rest of summer Europe and TA's. They've pushed the announcement back to 4/7/2011.

Here's the link (if it works):

http://www.creative.rccl.com/e-lite/RCI/2011/Deployment/11022686-2012-13_Deployment/deployment.html

Lots more waiting to do!

Well ok, thank you! ;)

At least, I know why they are not releasing the rest of the itineraries...

Do they mean exactle the 7th of April 2011 or do they mean from Apr 7 and it could be a littlebit later? ;)

Why don't you try Crown & Anchor Desk at 1-800-526-9723 (Press 9 any time during the greeting for the Diamond Plus Desk).

I called them this morning and registered my complaint about the website.

Thanks for the number. I just called, too, and the person I talked to went through and tried to book a NE/Canada 2012 and could not either. She said she would contact customer service, etc.

I ended up booking the cruise over the phone, but I like to access the site to monitor price drops, etc.

Happy cruising, all.

Bad news on the announcement of the rest of summer Europe and TA's. They've pushed the announcement back to 4/7/2011.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/e-lite/RCI/2011/Deployment/11022686-2012-13_Deployment/deployment.html

Lots more waiting to do!

Thanks for the update as we have been waiting for Serenade's itineraries out of Barcelona for late May-early June 2012. From what I have read on CC, Serenade will replace Brillance in Barcelona. I have been checking every day this week to see if they have been released yet.

To those who have had issues with attempting to begin reservations for certain 2012 cruises on the Royal Caribbean web site, I sent an email to them last night describing the "looping" problem where one enters the date and number of guests but can never get past that page. I received a reply this morning saying -

"We are aware of the issue and are currently working to get it fixed as quickly as possible. We are hoping to have the issue corrected before end of day tomorrow."

Since the problem has existed for at least two weeks, I'm not holding my breath, but maybe they'll actually be true to their word.

No, we switched for two reasons. A long time cruising buddy is taking a group of folks with service dogs on the ship and they changed to Jan. 29. Then another couple that we met i n Jan. 2011 was booked on that date also. So we changed. We're actually paying $100 more per person than when I booked Jan. 15 as that was a few months ago. The ship has lots of capacity though so keep checking prices and think about joining us.

I most definitely will!! We do want to add a Dec/Jan cruise to our line up soon. :)

I keep seeing some really good deals coming up on the SJ sailings. Though we would have to pay for airfare, there are some smaller airlines that could fly a quick non stop for about 300 bucks from MCO. Have not done the San Juan embarkation for years.

Would be great to join you on the FOS also! I keep checking for deals on your favorite ship, and hoping something will jump out and snatch me! Soooo nice to be able to have the time to take advantage of the deals now. :D

Lots more waiting to do!

Thanks for this link. I am not sure when the Jewel Repo from Boston will be anounced. Would it count as a TA, Caribbean, short or long?

Looks like Rhapsody is being repo'd out of Australia for ports unknown. The Alaska and Aussie itineraries are now posted, and the only ship doing them is Radiance. I wonder if Rhapsody will fill the rumored Monarch retirement slot out of PC, or maybe re-start the MR cruises out of SD?

Looks like Rhapsody is being repo'd out of Australia for ports unknown. The Alaska and Aussie itineraries are now posted, and the only ship doing them is Radiance. I wonder if Rhapsody will fill the rumored Monarch retirement slot out of PC, or maybe re-start the MR cruises out of SD?

Naw. She needs to come back to Texas where she belongs. =)

Well ok, thank you! ;)

At least, I know why they are not releasing the rest of the itineraries...

Do they mean exactle the 7th of April 2011 or do they mean from Apr 7 and it could be a littlebit later? ;)

Most likely the week of April 7th not necessarily on that exact date. So far that has been the pattern of when they have been releasing schedules.:)

Thanks for the update as we have been waiting for Serenade's itineraries out of Barcelona for late May-early June 2012. From what I have read on CC, Serenade will replace Brillance in Barcelona. I have been checking every day this week to see if they have been released yet.

I too have been waiting for this. I really wanted to do the 12 night Eastern Med on Brilliance in October 2012 and was disappointed to hear it was moving to Amsterdam. However if Serenade is is replacing it I might get the cruise I want after all.

I too have been waiting for this. I really wanted to do the 12 night Eastern Med on Brilliance in October 2012 and was disappointed to hear it was moving to Amsterdam. However if Serenade is is replacing it I might get the cruise I want after all.

What's the difference between Serenade and Brilliance for you? ;)

From Apr 7, you will know about these itineraries from Brilliance and Serenade.

What do you think: With the announcement of releasing these itineraries on Apr 7, do they mean exactly Apr 7 or a similar date? ;)

Next year RCCL will have at least two Arctic Circle cruises I think:

One in june or july (one itinerary, more dates) on Brilliance of the Seas;

one in August on Vision of the Seas... ;)

We've been waiting for the Winter 2012 sailings out of Cape Liberty. Interestingly, NCL has beat RCI to it by opening bookings for their Winter 2012-2013 sailings out of NYC.

Didn't realize it was supposed to be a race.;) If NCL gained an advantage over RCI by releasing their schedules earlier, so be it. Whether or not NCL sailings

offer any other advantages over RCI's will ultimately decide which company gains most in the competition. :) "It's not how you start but how you finish".:D

Didn't realize it was supposed to be a race.;) If NCL gained an advantage over RCI by releasing their schedules earlier, so be it. Whether or not NCL sailings

offer any other advantages over RCI's will ultimately decide which company gains most in the competition. :) "It's not how you start but how you finish".:D

As the cruises are so far out, one can always cancel the NCL cruise if the RCI cruise that will be released in April is more to one's liking.

Most likely the week of April 7th not necessarily on that exact date. So far that has been the pattern of when they have been releasing schedules.:)

Well ok - but Apr 7 is not the begin of the week - so we will see...

Do you think a bit later? ;)

I think it will be the exact date! :D

I look forward to see the itineraries!

Archived