JS on Grandeur - suggestions, comments?

I'm thinking of booking a Junior Suite on the Grandeur and was hoping folk with experience of them (or on other Vision class) might have some suggestions or comments. In particular, aft or side?! I know the WJ is at the pointy end on this class of ship, but I see there is a lounge under the 7th floor aft JS - any noise issues?

Thanks in advance.

I'm thinking of booking a Junior Suite on the Grandeur and was hoping folk with experience of them (or on other Vision class) might have some suggestions or comments. In particular, aft or side?! I know the WJ is at the pointy end on this class of ship, but I see there is a lounge under the 7th floor aft JS - any noise issues?

Thanks in advance.

We statyed in a JS directly under the Solarium hump on the 8th deck. At 5:am, the chairs and tables started moving above us as the early birds showed up and woke us up early a few times. They were even moving around at midnight but by 2am, they were usually done. Overall, sans the noise issue, the JS was great! I liked the priority check in too.

If you do an aft JS, you will get a much deeper balcony than on the side of the ship. Personally, I'd rather be on deck 10...only 1 flight to the pool, and the possible lounge noise wouldn't be a factor. If you can't get aft, I'd try for as close to the central elevators and stairs as possible...it just makes life easier!

Thanks in advance.

We had a JS cabin on Enchantment located mid-ship on Deck 8 and it was perfect. Close to elevators and stairways. Felt very little to no motion.

Yes, the WJ is located all the way forward, so if you encounter some choppy seas, getting food can be a challenge.

If you do an aft JS, you will get a much deeper balcony than on the side of the ship. Personally, I'd rather be on deck 10...only 1 flight to the pool, and the possible lounge noise wouldn't be a factor. If you can't get aft, I'd try for as close to the central elevators and stairs as possible...it just makes life easier!

Unfortunately on Vision Class ships cabins do not go any higher than Deck 8.

We had a port side JS towards the Aft section of Grandeur in 2009. Great size cabin and no noise from above. I looked at the deck plans and made sure it wasn't right under the solarium pool area before booking. The cabin number was 8066.

Sailed on the Brilliance last year in a JS. We usually book Princess, but have to say the JS on Royal Caribbean beats a Princess Mini-suite by far! LOVE the walk-in closet and larger bathroom...not to mention the WIDER cabin! Although we found Princess to have many better features, we certainly would be hard pressed to decide which cruise line to book next time, as the JS was really, really wonderful. And I've stayed in a GS on the Voyager. That's nice, too, naturally; but the JS is a terrific deal, especially when RC is running a lower fare based on your state of residence. Have an enjoyable cruise!

Thanks in advance.

We stayed 8088; I think that was the number. Located aft center-port, more JS below on deck 7 and the relaxation room above. The WJ is in the front of the ship.

Bob

Sailed on the Brilliance last year in a JS. We usually book Princess, but have to say the JS on Royal Caribbean beats a Princess Mini-suite by far! LOVE the walk-in closet and larger bathroom...not to mention the WIDER cabin! Although we found Princess to have many better features, we certainly would be hard pressed to decide which cruise line to book next time, as the JS was really, really wonderful. And I've stayed in a GS on the Voyager. That's nice, too, naturally; but the JS is a terrific deal, especially when RC is running a lower fare based on your state of residence. Have an enjoyable cruise!

Not all JS cabins are as large as those on Radiance class and above. You have to check sq. footage. Plus, on Vision class the closet is not really a walk-in like on Radiance class and though there is a tub-shower combo, the bathroom is not as large as on Radiance class either.

We had 7150 and the noise was bad. Music in lounge was suppose to stop around midnight but seems the crew used it after that. Spent many nights trying to get some sleep even after talking to guest relations.

Just stayed in 8172 on Enchantment and no problems. The Spa on deck nine is quiet and the machines are on deck 10. Similar layout to Grandeur.

We had AFT 7650 on Grandeur. We had a leak in our cabin (as did others before and after us). I haven't heard about it for a while. Our cruise was in September of 2010 and those complaining about the leak were on October cruises.

My review and pictures....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1277771

We sailed on the Granduer last fall in an Aft JS. The balcony was VERY large. We were on deck 8 and could see others on their balconies below us, a tiered effect in the very back. Loved everything about the cabin and the balcony and the service. One thing though, the water coming out from the bathroom faucet was always extremely hot. Never could get cold water of any kind. Kind of weird actually.

Archived