Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

I'm packed, not sure I did a good job, got wound up in "how" I was packing but not necessarily "what"!!! So my bag is too full! Probably overpacked. Think I'll make a list of what I don't wear so when I pack again in a month I'll do better. I'll check back in with pictures I hope!!!

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Speaking of packing, I did a dry run on packing my new rolling backpack. It's this one:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/28101427?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227019609028&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=40343986712&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=78307790672&veh=sem

It's a single cavity, and I got all my chiffon tops in a packing cube, two bathing suits, two capris, my tote bag folded flat, and my large flat straw fan, in there. I'll put my stuff for the airplane in the outside pockets, and the bungee cord thing on the front is great for a folded jacket and my ipad.

I think we will get to go on our long and multiple stop cruise/land vacation with only one suitcase between us, plus our rolling backpacks.

I'm a happy camper.....uh cruiser/traveler!

This looks like a great piece of luggage!

Is it too heavy to use as a daytime backpack when you are in port etc?

This looks like a great piece of luggage!

Is it too heavy to use as a daytime backpack when you are in port etc?

Other than being 21" long, it would be great for schlepping around in port. It could easily hold towels and snorkel gear with room to spare. Plus, being rolling, one doesn't have to wear it all the time if you are on even pavement (like the dock area).

So ladies a navy blue knee length formal dress goes with what color shoes AND the hubby will be in a black suit with white shirt, what color of tie to I get him to "blend" with my blue ?

Debbie

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by DJSchib

So ladies a navy blue knee length formal dress goes with what color shoes AND the hubby will be in a black suit with white shirt, what color of tie to I get him to "blend" with my blue ?

Debbie

Deb, a black dress shoe will always go with navy blue (just went thru this! Lol)

unless you really wanna go all the way and get new shoes. My first choice then would be dressy navy blue, or matte silver or gold (not blingy, no one should see your feet before your beautiful face or dress lol!)

If your hubby is going to spring for a tie, it would look great if it was navy, or has navy stripes? in it?

You'll be smashing!! Can't wait for Piccies!!!

Lizz

Debbie

I did this a few years back, my dress was navy and my husband had a black suit. I chose Silver sparkly heels. My husband wore a silver/gray tie and my wrap was also silver.

That's a good way to tie it in all together murfturf with using silver. Not sure why I get hung up with navy blue and black not going together. I guess because of the tie. Hard to find those two colors together in a tie

Debbie

Been looking for navy shoes Lizz. No luck so far because I don't want it to have a very high heel. Do not wear heels ever and I am thinking I don't want to tackle a high heel shoes and possible motion of rough waters. Maybe I will invest in new black ones. Have one pair to wear with black dress but thinking they may he too low even though they are dressy. Decisions decisions

Debbie

The best Birthday of My Life! From Thursday afternoon until Sunday afternoon was a whirlwind of family activity. The local DS & family were blown away by the surprise visit of Minneapolis DS & family. Our Gala Dinner Saturday was fun and the grandkids helped serve during courses.

Sunday morning we reviewed our Family Cruise itinerary and talked about ports of call.

The house is "back to normal" now since the beds were remade, laundry done by bed time last night.

After breakfast today, I looked at catalogs that came over the weekend - some summer clothes, swimsuits! No plans to buy anything, but nice to see more than sweaters and winter coats:cool:!

Loved all the manis that were posted. Hope my nails are at least past the tops of my fingers when it's time for my Mani/Pedi:confused:.

Shoes with Formal-Night Navy Dress - IMHO, black is very safe, but on a cruise, silver would be my choice. Not sparkly, glittery, just nice silver fabric. And DHs tie could be gray with possibly a design or stripes in colors that would add interest.

I have printed our SetSail Pass and Luggage Tags:):cool:! With a couple chores today and tomorrow, Weds is designated as Time to Start the Packing Process Day.

Setting aside items that I really want to wear will be the first step. Often, after having all outfits ready, I come across shoes, jewelry, top, whatever, that is a favorite but didn't make the cut. Hope to change that this time.

Edited by indiana71

Been looking for navy shoes Lizz. No luck so far because I don't want it to have a very high heel. Do not wear heels ever and I am thinking I don't want to tackle a high heel shoes and possible motion of rough waters. Maybe I will invest in new black ones. Have one pair to wear with black dress but thinking they may he too low even though they are dressy. Decisions decisions

Debbie

Navy shoes that aren't too frumpy have always been a problem for me! That's why I went the silver route for my navy dress. I also have to have low, but I still want dressy - not librarian!

Can't wait to see how it all pulls together.

"Tomorrow, tomorrow - is only a day away!" -

th?&id=HN.608047518498688104&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0and tomorrow The Packing Process will begin!! 44 days to go and BeCruzin is right on - a snowy, dreary day is perfect for working on Cruise Clothes.:)

Actually, DH will be at a basketball game this evening and I will start laying out possible choices (just to get a head start...)

Some photos of potential outfits - could be by end of this week:cool:

Edited by indiana71

"Tomorrow, tomorrow - is only a day away!" -

th?&id=HN.608047518498688104&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0and tomorrow The Packing Process will begin!! 44 days to go and BeCruzin is right on - a snowy, dreary day is perfect for working on Cruise Clothes.:)

Actually, DH will be at a basketball game this evening and I will start laying out possible choices (just to get a head start...)

Some photos of potential outfits - could be by end of this week:cool:

Bring out the tropical clothing and forget about the winter snow!

As soon as our daughter is back on her feet (she broke her ankle in 3 places this weekend) I'll get out the suitcases & cubes. Less than 30 days to go...

As soon as our daughter is back on her feet (she broke her ankle in 3 places this weekend) I'll get out the suitcases & cubes. Less than 30 days to go...

Sorry to hear about your daughter's ankle. I hope she gets better fast.

All Outfit Contender components are on display in the Cruise Room. Only a couple outfits are listed on my worksheets - the Leaving from Baltimore in March ensemble includes cream cord pants and a raspberry-colored sweater. One casual dinner outfit is ready.

After all the Choosing is done, then the Try-Ons begin - Saturday probably.

Meanwhile, during my second cup of lunch coffee I glanced through All You magazine and saw an article "10 Ways to Get Happy".

#4 included this: "The findings on one Dutch study indicated that the bliss of a trip can start months before it begins, owing to the anticipation."

IT TOOK A DUTCH STUDY TO DISCOVER THAT SIMPLE TRUTH???? Why not simply come to this thread and read about all the bliss we CCFs feel while talking about The Next Cruise:):cool:.

And #6 stated: "the University of British Columbia found that it doesn't really matter if you interact with people you know well or only casually. Folks feel more chipper when they mingle....talk to strangers. Camaraderie is comforting." Well, ISN'T THAT PART OF THE CRUISE EXPERIENCE, TOO??? We talk to strangers on the ship - about the days activities, tell favorite family stories; and in general become good friends with fellow passengers for the duration of the cruise.

Perhaps these scholars from academia need to book a cruise instead of spending research $$$ on "studies"!:rolleyes:

...and now - Back to the Cruise Room:cool:;)

Edited by indiana71

Would appreciate tried and true recommendations for a crossbody bag/purse to use for day trips/excursions. I have a nice MEC pod, but it tends to get heavy and looks like a knapsack in photos! Tks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by cruise.25

cruise.25

I have a well used and loved Pacsafe Citysafe CS75 that is my perfect travel bag for a city shopping trip or a hike in the woods.

Just the right size for small camera and wallet...light enough that my shoulder doesn't get sore.

The added benefit is all the built in security features of the bag. I even have a cord lock ribbon to secure my wallet and keys in the purse.

cruise.25

I have a well used and loved Pacsafe Citysafe CS75 that is my perfect travel bag for a city shopping trip or a hike in the woods.

Just the right size for small camera and wallet...light enough that my shoulder doesn't get sore.

The added benefit is all the built in security features of the bag. I even have a cord lock ribbon to secure my wallet and keys in the purse.

what is a cord lock ribbon? Needed one of those when I went to Boston and someone stolre my wallet right out of my purse.

Laura

Laura

I use a couple of swivel clips( the kind that are hard to open) and a sturdy length of ribbon. A minute with the sewing machine and I have a very tiny leash-like setup. The Pacsafe bags have interior metal rings to clip things to.

The clips and ribbons are readily available where jewellery fittings are sold...Hobby Lobby or JoAnn's.

You can order the same thing online from here:

http://www.daymakers.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=108&cat=Optional+Wrist+Straps%2C+Strap+Extensions%2C+and+Extra+Long+Straps

I love the fact I can't accidently leave my wallet behind in a shop or have my keys drop out of the bag. Plus the pickpocket thing!