Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

I took only a couple doses of the pain pills. Don't mind them right after surgery, but once the pain level drops, I want to be fully aware and not zombie-like!

Chicken broth and yogurt are my go-to foods for a couple more days:rolleyes:. sunnydaygirl: That malt shop treat sounds good...I loved your story:).

I'm hoping to start The Process on Saturday...We're at 60 days so it's time to get reacquainted with the Cruise Room:cool::cool:! DH & I will each have one large suitcase and I'll have a tote. This Cruise is 10 nights...so there might be a garment bag, too.

Take care of your self. Your gums should be in tip top shape for all the cruise food!

I'm headed back to Indiana in the a.m. My bags are definitely not packed as carefully as when I came to Florida for cruise. Saved money as did no shopping while here. Last week I came down with a sinus infection and bronchitis. Still coughing but everything else is better and was able to go out for dinner with kids. Once home I'll need to press and launder for my Oct 24 cruise!

I'm headed back to Indiana in the a.m. My bags are definitely not packed as carefully as when I came to Florida for cruise. Saved money as did no shopping while here. Last week I came down with a sinus infection and bronchitis. Still coughing but everything else is better and was able to go out for dinner with kids. Once home I'll need to press and launder for my Oct 24 cruise!

I hope that you feel better. Getting sick is no fun, especially when on a cruise.

sunnydaygirl: Hope you're feeling better! So close to your Next Cruise - there's no time to be ill:confused:!

DH will be doing a radio broadcast of high school football this evening...so the Cruise Room will slowly be come active:cool:. All the jewelry out - closet doors opened. Tomorrow Try-Ons and Selections begin:)!

I did the try on of cruise items this week, we leave in 44 days (I'm about 15 days behind schedule! Oh the horrors, lol). This weekend will be coordinating the scarves & jewelry to the clothes that made the cut, exciting times!

Hi ladies, thanks for all your kind wishes. I'm feeling better. Comfortable at my daughter's picture perfect home! Lol! Pitched right in as soon as I walked in the door. Was glad to see photographer leave tho. Needed a well earned nap.

As I was doing after cruise laundry,i hung things on hangers and took pictures, so much easier than making a list. I do think it'll make things much easier for this packing go round. I usually take things several times before it's replaced with something new. So just decided to go with same wardrobe. Completely different group and they'll be none the wiser. My straps worked perfectly alto my scarf was really beautiful. Can't wait to wear again.ImageUploadedByForums1443830971.653024.jpg.3ddde4453235e838697e42d18aed00d3.jpg

I agree! The blue color is perfect for you, love it!

Hmmm - don't know if just taking a photo of an Outfit would take the place on a spreadsheet...I might try it, though; for January Anthem (since the calendar is crazy busy after Dec Cruise until Next Cruise:rolleyes:!)

Meanwhile, I put outfits together today and will have Try Ons tomorrow...and spreadsheet filled in.

First Photo: SO many earrings!!! I love all of them...

[*]

•  

•  

•  

• [*

2015?height=480

It's not easy to put a Fun Tropical Outfit together when leaving from the North! This is the best I could do this time:

2015?height=480

• (Hope these photos work...snapfish isn't working like it did previously.....)

Edited by indiana71

Just a fashion fyi. Sometimes when heading south on a plane I sometimes wear an outfit that's comfortable but I may have worn on a cruise. Well, make sure there's no sparkles on it! Twice now I've done just that and had to be patted down at security. Now I'm just darn stupid if I let it happen a third time.

Edited by sunnydaygirl

Just returned from a land trip to China with internal flights. Think I got padded down each time going through security. Have no idea why. Had taken off my belt and bracelet etc. Maybe China is pickier?

Pickier? I would use another term but would probably be banned from

here......not surprised they patted you down.

The periodontist took the stitches out of my gums this morning. Mouth is a little sore, but getting better.

Lost 3 pounds....if only 2 more would come off and STAY OFF...

The pink pants outfit will be worn on Embarkation Day. A winter jacket will almost certainly be needed too.

Since we park a short distance from the building, my feet should be okay in those wedges.

On our last 2 flights I was "patted down" - don't know why. DH breezed right through!

I get patted down every time I fly, I just build the extra time in (my DH stands in the cleared side making funny faces at me, the devil!). I have hardware in my foot & I wear underwire bras.

SunnyDayGirl: I'm so sorry to hear you were sick while traveling - nothing worse than being sick away from home. I loved the dress and shawl on you! What a beautiful color and handsome grandson!!

Indiana71: I'm so sorry you had to have dental work! I'm so glad you are healing quickly! I'm still envious of your cruise room. Work on my room has come to a halt as most of our resources are helping son #2 and our grandchildren through his divorce. But someday my cruise/travel room will be organized and finished!

I do like the clothing picture idea and can drop them into my excel spreadsheet. hmmm it's a thought . . . You all have such great ideas :D

I've been patted down for having a large clip (one of those with teeth) in my hair. They wouldn't let me take it out but patted me down and then felt up my head. Of course once they were through I had to take the clip out to fix my hair. Been patted down as well for leaving my cell phone in my back pocket - won't do that again! Good to know about sparkles on our clothing! Thank you SunnyDayGirl!

We leave for Hawaii in 3 weeks - the spread sheet is done and will sort & try on items on the list when I get home this weekend. It's not a cruise but it is time off!

So sorry to be so long winded!!!:eek:

I was patted down last time and I was laughing with the guard and said it must be my extra weight but she said actually it was the lycra/spandex in my yoga pants .... she said that the lycra/spandex material changes density on different parts on the xray machine and looks like black spots and could be hidden items lol .... :D so this next cruise I am wearing my Maxi dress and note to self no Spanx as the guard said that always gets ladies pulled over to be patted down lol

Edited by cat_in_cda

SunnyDayGirl: I'm so sorry to hear you were sick while traveling - nothing worse than being sick away from home. I loved the dress and shawl on you! What a beautiful color and handsome grandson!!

Indiana71: I'm so sorry you had to have dental work! I'm so glad you are healing quickly! I'm still envious of your cruise room. Work on my room has come to a halt as most of our resources are helping son #2 and our grandchildren through his divorce. But someday my cruise/travel room will be organized and finished!

I do like the clothing picture idea and can drop them into my excel spreadsheet. hmmm it's a thought . . . You all have such great ideas :D

I've been patted down for having a large clip (one of those with teeth) in my hair. They wouldn't let me take it out but patted me down and then felt up my head. Of course once they were through I had to take the clip out to fix my hair. Been patted down as well for leaving my cell phone in my back pocket - won't do that again! Good to know about sparkles on our clothing! Thank you SunnyDayGirl!

We leave for Hawaii in 3 weeks - the spread sheet is done and will sort & try on items on the list when I get home this weekend. It's not a cruise but it is time off!

So sorry to be so long winded!!!:eek:

Have a great time in Hawaii. One of my favorite places to visit.

Thanks for the compliments, he's a real cutie, and ornery!

My family has departed. The men had a good time with a win at Notre Dame. Now it's washing sheets and towels. I'm kind of embedded embarrassed to say that I haven't unpacked yet. It's a suitcase full of summer clothes. Not much use here. I have the company as Aden excuse and further recovery-right?[emoji5]

I will not put it off any longer. Things to be pressed, others to be washed and re-packed. Leaving home on the 23rd.. Need to get busy.

Hello ladies, I am new to this thread and really enjoyed reading the last 10 pages or so (don't have enough time to read all of them ha). I saw a few references to packing cubes. I have some on my Amazon wish list that I am thinking about getting for our cruise next spring, but am concerned about adding more weight to our luggage......any thoughts?

Disneynan. I love my cubes, especially for lingerie. (Don't like TSA pawing thru the dainties [emoji6]. I also use them for bathing suits & workout clothes. I don't roll my other clothes tho