Great Stirrup Cay

Lollygil

There are quite a few loungers, but I would make sure you get off of the ship early. We were there last March and it was very full then by mid-day, but I know they've been remodeling so maybe that has changed and they've expanded the lounging area. There are picnic tables, etc. also. Nice little island - we like the hammocks to the right after laying in the sun all morning and after having lunch. Good relaxing day.

i wonder if that little cat is still alive on the island..

Those loungers look as if they are right on top of each other. Can you move them around?

Where are the clam shells?

Do you rent snorkel sets on the island or are they included in the visit?

you rent the snorkel set, either as an excursion (pre-booking gets you on an early tender) or you can rent some/all of the equipment on the island.

you rent the snorkel set, either as an excursion (pre-booking gets you on an early tender) or you can rent some/all of the equipment on the island.

We brought our own mask, fins, and snorkel with us and paid for the vest rental at the shore excursion desk. We received tickets to turn in at the shack on the island for vests. The tickets also gave us access to the first tender. By the time the second tender arrived, we had already found great seats, traded our tickets for vests, and were in the water checking out the fish.

I was looking for a picture of a clam shell. Anyone have one? I really wanted to know if it is a single for can two people share?

Don't have a picture, but it's definitely for two. It's two loungers with a top that goes over both of them, covering the sides as well.

I was looking for a picture of a clam shell. Anyone have one? I really wanted to know if it is a single for can two people share?

These are made for two people.

For a picture of the clamshells, go to www.beyondships.com, click on destinations on the left-hand side. Then click on Great Stirrup Cay. Scroll all the way down page 1 and click on "Click Here to Continue the Tour." The clamshell picture is the fourth one down.

Personally, I would never rent one of these things cause people have said they get too warm and there is no way for air to be vented.

Thanks for the directions to the picture. It appears that you can put the canopy down, is that correct? I was more concerned about shade for my husband. Also, we are going early March so I didn't think it would be that bad. I appreciate your advice jvdmd. It must be brutal in the summer.

Leave some sun for us.:-) What part of Queens are you from? I grew up in Laurelton.

Flushing

Sorry to be stupid. What is a clamshell?

Go back to page 2, post #40. It's the picture of the partially covered lounge chairs (clamshell)

Will be there the end of March. Is there any cement walkways or all sand??? Wondered if a w/c is doable on the island or if my husband has to stay on the ship??? Anyone have any experience with this??

I don't know if they will have any walkways but no need for him to stay on the ship anyway... or I hope so... take a look at this and see if this would work for him? I think I have another picture of the front of them but can't locate it right now. I will try and find it and post it if I do.

I'm sure if you don't have family/friends with you to help push that one of the crew would help. I did see them helping one family out last January.

2364764110105246444S500x500Q85.jpg

Hi,

Wanna get there on tender 1 or 2 ?, then pre-book an excursion like the snorkelling or even a clam shell.

We did the snorkelling and when we got our room, the tickets where in the room and we had tender #1 ( 500 person per tender, so the island fills up fast )

Have a good one

Can this be done as soon as we board...I am hoping to board early and would love to be able to get this done....before lunch...

Would I be able to get on the first tender if I don't book an excursion? How does it work to get on the tenders? I just want to make sure I can get a lounge chair.

Suite guests go to the island first and with people booking excursions. After that, it is a system that goes on deck number, etc.

After the 2nd tender, most of the best chairs are gone. But I read they added more chairs but not near the water so much.

Archived