Marina is Glorious!

JimandStan

We're aboard and finally have a minute to post!

It has been a real whirlwind, but as I'm on my way to the CC meet and greet in a few seconds, I thought I would check in with the board.

The good new is that the completed ship has surpassed everyones

expectations by miles. As you walk into any given public room, you can always hear the oohs and aahs of those who are seeing them for the first time.

From the artists' renderings, I thought that I was pretty certain of how the decor would look, but the quality and elegance of the workmanship

lifts everything to a new level. The Italian tilewortk, in particular, is stunning.

You know how I am with pictures, and I have a lot of them to share when I return, but I have to get to that meeting now, so I'll end this by saying that I find the internet speed on this ship to be much faster than the R ships, and that it seems to be getting even better as time goes by.

I shall return! :)

J&S,

Thanks for posting - I am sure (at least I hope :)) that there is more come.

Glad to hear the good news about internet.

Could you please tell us more about your M&G - where was it, how many people, did O provide anyone/anything?

We're aboard and finally have a minute to post!

It has been a real whirlwind, but as I'm on my way to the CC meet and greet in a few seconds, I thought I would check in with the board.

The good new is that the completed ship has surpassed everyones

expectations by miles. As you walk into any given public room, you can always hear the oohs and aahs of those who are seeing them for the first time.

From the artists' renderings, I thought that I was pretty certain of how the decor would look, but the quality and elegance of the workmanship

lifts everything to a new level. The Italian tilewortk, in particular, is stunning.

You know how I am with pictures, and I have a lot of them to share when I return, but I have to get to that meeting now, so I'll end this by saying that I find the internet speed on this ship to be much faster than the R ships, and that it seems to be getting even better as time goes by.

I shall return! :)

Looking forward to reading your posts and seeing the pictures!

Thanks so much!:D

We'd love to know about the hanging space in the closet. Sometimes I take those multiple pants hangers and wonder if they are needed on Marina. We have an A4 for our first O cruise. joyous

Just came off the Marina's maiden voyage. There are numerous wooden hangers in the closet, about half with the clothes pins built in for hanging pants. You can ask your steward for more if you need. Hope that helps. Kay

JimandStan,

What is your opinion of the Oceania suite? Does your suite's veranda have private access to the stern?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Thanks[/quote

We LOVE our Oceania Suite! We're in 11083, and our veranda wraps around the stern on the Starboard side. The hallways at the aft end of the hallway on deck 11 goes out to a crew only deck, which has a staircase up to the outside section of The Terrace, so the two Oceania suites have the only stern access on deck 11.

Things that the brochures dont show: These "aft" Oceania suites dont have a TV in the Living room, but there IS a third TV out over the Jacuzzi on the veranda.

The Bedroom and Bathroom also have windows overlooking the Starboard section of the veranda. The walk in closet is HUGE (much bigger than shown on the diagrams), as is the master bath.

Although we have not seen any of the deck 12 Oceania Suites yet, they are supposed to be larger.

Everyone who is waiting to board the Marina has a happy suprise in store. All of the accomodations have taken a BIG step up. As built, the Penthouses look even larger than the mock ups that we saw in Italy.

Oh, and the outside furniture is SO comfortable that you will never want to leave your veranda!

Just came off the Marina's maiden voyage. There are numerous wooden hangers in the closet, about half with the clothes pins built in for hanging pants. You can ask your steward for more if you need. Hope that helps. Kay

Hi, Kay, just wanted to post how much I enjoyed reading your Marina review, particularly the details comparing Marina to the Oceania R ships, very helpful for me because those are my only cruising experiences so far. Thanks very much for your insights.

Pam

JimandStan,

We LOVE our Oceania Suite! We're in 11083, and our veranda wraps around the stern on the Starboard side. The hallways at the aft end of the hallway on deck 11 goes out to a crew only deck, which has a staircase up to the outside section of The Terrace, so the two Oceania suites have the only stern access on deck 11.

Things that the brochures dont show: These "aft" Oceania suites dont have a TV in the Living room, but there IS a third TV out over the Jacuzzi on the veranda.

The Bedroom and Bathroom also have windows overlooking the Starboard section of the veranda. The walk in closet is HUGE (much bigger than shown on the diagrams), as is the master bath.

Although we have not seen any of the deck 12 Oceania Suites yet, they are supposed to be larger.

Everyone who is waiting to board the Marina has a happy suprise in store. All of the accomodations have taken a BIG step up. As built, the Penthouses look even larger than the mock ups that we saw in Italy.

Oh, and the outside furniture is SO comfortable that you will never want to leave your veranda!

Thanks so much for your report on the aft Oceania suites.

As we always sail in an OS on the R class ships these would be our first choice on Marina as well.

Also just wondering how much larger the side Oceania Suites are, although for us, the wrap around balcony might make it a no brainer.:)

thanks for your Marina on board reports

Today's latest OS/VS news from Oceania below:

Oceania is offering a one time complimentary bar set up at embarkation for the following categories-Owners Suites (OS), Vista Suites (VS) and Oceania Suites (OC) onboard Marina and Owners Suites (OS) and Vista Suites (VS) onboard Regatta, Insignia and Nautica-(Effective as of Europe 2011 sailings for Insignia / Nautica and Alaska sailings for Regatta)

The complimentary bar set up is only done once at embarkation. There will be a charge for any requests to replenish any of the bottles included in the set up.

No substitutions are allowed as the setup is a complimentary standard setup. Mixers are complimentary.

Here are the bottles included in the set up:

Johnny Walker Black Scotch Whiskey

Grey Goose Vodka

Bombay Sapphire Gin

Bacardi Superior Rum

white wine bottle

red wine bottle

thanks for your Marina on board reports

Today's latest OS/VS news from Oceania below:

Oceania is offering a one time complimentary bar set up at embarkation for the following categories-Owners Suites (OS), Vista Suites (VS) and Oceania Suites (OC) onboard Marina and Owners Suites (OS) and Vista Suites (VS) onboard Regatta, Insignia and Nautica-(Effective as of Europe 2011 sailings for Insignia / Nautica and Alaska sailings for Regatta)

The complimentary bar set up is only done once at embarkation. There will be a charge for any requests to replenish any of the bottles included in the set up.

No substitutions are allowed as the setup is a complimentary standard setup. Mixers are complimentary.

Here are the bottles included in the set up:

Johnny Walker Black Scotch Whiskey

Grey Goose Vodka

Bombay Sapphire Gin

Bacardi Superior Rum

white wine bottle

red wine bottle

And they should for those passengers paying premium cabin prices. Class Act.

We had the same thing in a suite on princess. We even got to switch out the things we did not want.

Yes, it's true, the bar was set up beautifully when we got into the room.We were having about 20 Cruise Critics up for a sail away party that afternoon, so it was a great relief.

Happily, Oceania has also started stocking the OVO suites with glassware enough for a small party, so our butler only had to deal with canapes and mixers.

Tonight, we're booked into La Reserve, and we've heard such glowing reports that it feels like a real occasion. It looks so beautiful as we pass it from the outside,and because it has proved so popular, they keep adding extra nights of availability.

We have a cunning plan. We're going to "fish" amongst our fellow diners at La Reserve for a chance to see a deck 12 Oceania Suite.Wish us luck. We'll let you know-J&S

We have a cunning plan. We're going to "fish" amongst our fellow diners at La Reserve for a chance to see a deck 12 Oceania Suite.Wish us luck. We'll let you know-J&S

Good luck, and please take lots of pictures of that suite (if you can) and also of your suite. Would love to see how they look compared to the prop photos in the brochure. Have a wonderful time and thanks for letting us "travel" with you.

Yes, it's true, the bar was set up beautifully when we got into the room.We were having about 20 Cruise Critics up for a sail away party that afternoon, so it was a great relief.

Happily, Oceania has also started stocking the OVO suites with glassware enough for a small party, so our butler only had to deal with canapes and mixers.

The OVO Suites? :eek: Do they come with special entertainment? ;):D

cirquedusoleil-ovo.jpg

And do the Cruise Critic attendees have to adorn coordinating costumes? :)

Tonight, we're booked into La Reserve, and we've heard such glowing reports that it feels like a real occasion. It looks so beautiful as we pass it from the outside,and because it has proved so popular, they keep adding extra nights of availability.

We are in an Oceania suite on 12 on the Miami to Barcelona and am curious - are these 26 oz bottles or the miniature bottles aka one drink deals in the bar setup at embarkation?

The OVO Suites? :eek: Do they come with special entertainment? ;):D

cirquedusoleil-ovo.jpg

And do the Cruise Critic attendees have to adorn coordinating costumes? :)

Love your comment and picture - we saw OVO and my guess is it's the costumed OVO we'll ever see!

We are in an Oceania suite on 12 on the Miami to Barcelona and am curious - are these 26 oz bottles or the miniature bottles aka one drink deals in the bar setup at embarkation?

They were all Liter sized bottles and all top shelf brands. Believe me, you will be impressed.

Archived