Marina is Glorious!

JimandStan

Home again, Bah Humbug!

Where are the chocolate croissants? The baby lamb chops?

Marina withdrawal is horrible! I'll post again as soon as I get my pictures downloaded and uploaded so that I can use them here.

I know you are having withdrawal, but it's a positive for me - means I'm that much closer to sailing the lovely lady - 4 weeks from today. Looking forward to your pix and prose. Thanks in advance!

Hi Jim and Stan!! It was great having such "in the know" cruisers on board. Your suite was gorgeous and I envied your walk in closet every time I had to dig my shoes out from under my side of the bed.

I did get a glimpse of a PH closet and it is also very nice. Hard to be home isn't it??

Patty

We had a wonderful tour and lunch onboard the Marina in San Francisco this past Saturday, a beautiful clear day on the bay and a beautiful ship to match. the owner's suite is the full beam of the rear of the ship and is totally furnished in Ralph Lauren Home. The lunch was a tasting menu of all the restuarants onboard, all of them fabulous! Red Ginger was straight out of NYC, Jacques, can we say France? Yes, all the "big wigs" were there, Frank Del Rio, Tim Rubecky, and other top people. Some agents came as far away as Vancouver just for the preview! All we could say all the way home gorgeous, fabulous, stunning! When are we going.....

Ah yes the travel agents and their friends and family...my largest dissatisfaction with our Inaugural Passage. Not only were we not given word that large groups would be on board, various venues were closed to the paying passenger so that the agents and their guests could be entertained. In addition, the wonderful and friendly front line staff were worn out after serving many more people at all of these additional dining events.

Also, these groups of people clogged hallways and elevators and were very noisy as they toured the ship. I suspect they were not told to respect and be courteous to the onboard passengers.

Oceania should have handled the entertaining of west coast travel agents and their friends the same way they handled it in Miami--a separate short cruise just for them. This way the paying passenger would not have had to experience this inconvenience.

Home again, Bah Humbug!

Where are the chocolate croissants? The baby lamb chops?

Marina withdrawal is horrible! I'll post again as soon as I get my pictures downloaded and uploaded so that I can use them here.

If you come to visit us here in Cincinnati, I promise you chocolate croissants and perhaps even baby lamb chops.:D

Welcome home, Jim.

Archived