3rd person might not be able to go....

tkportersat

We are cruising on the Spirit 3/13-3/20....My parents and Grandma were to be in one room. As of late my grandma has not been feeling well and has pretty much decided she doesn't want to go. She is not concerned with getting her money back. Do my parents need to do anything now that there will probably only be two people in the room or does NCL care since it is paid as 3? Thanks in advance for your help :)

Well, they do have insurance and my grandma is at the doc today who would probably recommend her not go for medical reasons....the main issue is that my parents are in a 3 person balcony cabin and our 5 cabins are all together. If they took my gma off would they make them move to a 2 person balcony??

Sparks...they are well past final payment (cruise is in 4 weeks). Whatever fare was paid for the 3rd person will not be refunded. They own the cabin at this point, whether it's for 2 or 3 persons.

3 person vs 2 person balcony.

No,they are not going to make you move. And, since no refund, you do not have to tell them anything, but nice to let them know as you board so they do not "look" for that person to still board.

We are cruising on the Spirit 3/13-3/20....My parents and Grandma were to be in one room. As of late my grandma has not been feeling well and has pretty much decided she doesn't want to go. She is not concerned with getting her money back. Do my parents need to do anything now that there will probably only be two people in the room or does NCL care since it is paid as 3? Thanks in advance for your help :)

They should let NCL know, but you are right, there will be no problems as they have already paid and there will still be two in the cabin. Hope grandma is feeling better and will get to cruise with the family or maybe you had infurance and she can get a note from the doctor stating it isn't advisable for her to cruise at this time.

Nita

Would NCL permit the third person to use the fare at a later date (cruise) even if the deposit is lost right now? :confused:

Sparks...they are well past final payment (cruise is in 4 weeks). Whatever fare was paid for the 3rd person will not be refunded. They own the cabin at this point, whether it's for 2 or 3 persons.

They are more than 30 days away from sailing and according to the cancellation chart I read they would only lose the deposit for the 3rd person, at least that's the way I read it (I've always had reading comprehension problems, though:rolleyes:). As I said I would still call and officially cancel the 3rd person.

WE had a similar situation on RCi a few years ago .The night Before our cruise my brother chipped a tooth rather badly and could Not Travel...needed surgery etc .He had insurance ...nothing was refundable thru RCI so He did not tell but worked it out with his doctors note with his insurance WE told once on board as they kept paging him .We told them NUMEROUS times!!!

My other brother was Not charged double for being alone in the cabin But since you are already paying full price for the cabin because there are 2 of you I do not see a problem .Many cabins can accomodate 3 even if you are only 2 so I do not think they will move you

Sorry granny cannot come I hope she feels better and manages to come ...a little sun and fun might be just what she needs

Good Luck

mIchele

They are more than 30 days away from sailing and according to the cancellation chart I read they would only lose the deposit for the 3rd person, at least that's the way I read it (I've always had reading comprehension problems, though:rolleyes:). As I said I would still call and officially cancel the 3rd person.

Sparks, you're right-- mostly. :)

According to NCL's cancellation chart, if it's a 6-day or more cruise and 30 days out, they'll lose 50% of the cruise price if they booked AFTER 1/1/11. But if they booked BEFORE, they only lose the deposit!

Sparks, you're right-- mostly. :)

According to NCL's cancellation chart, if it's a 6-day or more cruise and 30 days out, they'll lose 50% of the cruise price if they booked AFTER 1/1/11. But if they booked BEFORE, they only lose the deposit!

Yep, I figured a large party like that would likely not be taking a last minute cruise and booked last year:D.

Thanks to all for your responses :)

I too hope she will be able to come after all...guess we will wait and see, at this stage she has not made a decision. Turns out she has a kidney infection. But she is 81 and had many health issues this year, I think she is worried to be out at sea and not near her doctors. Only she can make the final decision though.

Have a great weekend!

I believe in "natural Remedies ' Did you know parsley was REALLY good for Kidneys as is Cranberry juice

See if you can buy TABOULEH ..this great chopped parsley salad or make it yourself

I do

Parsley ,green onions ,tomatoes, and red pepper hot or sweet to taste cooked BULGUR or COUSCOUS

Chop fine add olive oil and lots of lemon ,salt and pepper ..ENJOY

the main ingredient is parsley

It is really good and good for you

I hope this helps

mIchele

Thanks for the tip :)

I believe in "natural Remedies ' Did you know parsley was REALLY good for Kidneys as is Cranberry juice

See if you can buy TABOULEH ..this great chopped parsley salad or make it yourself

I do

Parsley ,green onions ,tomatoes, and red pepper hot or sweet to taste cooked BULGUR or COUSCOUS

Chop fine add olive oil and lots of lemon ,salt and pepper ..ENJOY

the main ingredient is parsley

It is really good and good for you

I hope this helps

mIchele

Archived