What are the dinner hours in the Lido?

PSR

I have searched the HAL site and this site and I haven't been able to find out what the Lido hours are for dinner. We will be on the Amsterdam in September 2011. I did find in one thread that the buffet is shut down right at 8pm.Is that true? It seems a little early for those used to a late seating in the MDR.

Thanks for any information,

Penny:)

I have searched the HAL site and this site and I haven't been able to find out what the Lido hours are for dinner. We will be on the Amsterdam in September 2011. I did find in one thread that the buffet is shut down right at 8pm.Is that true? It seems a little early for those used to a late seating in the MDR.
My experience on the Prinsendam, Amsterdam and Zuiderdam is that it's shut tighter than a drum (you couldn't even get dessert or more salad) at 8pm. If you hadn't gotten everything you wanted by then, you were SOL. One night on the Amsterdam, we got there at about 7:15pm and there was a long line to order our entree, which was at about 7:35pm. We got our appetizers and salad and sat down. My dinner was finally delivered at 7:55pm and when I cut into my chicken a few minutes later, it was raw inside. I tried to bring it back to be cooked more but was told that everything was closed and the oven/grill was turned off; I should have gotten there earlier. The Maitre d' there was really rude and refused to assist me, even when I showed her the raw chicken. So, I got no entree or dessert and had to order room service when I got back to my cabin. When we were on the Zuiderdam last year, we ordered room service off the dining room menu and ate on our balconies. Much better experience.

Anybody remember Midnight Buffets?

I miss those.

Gramps

yup - they were nice. perfect if you got back late. We never ate much though (maybe why they don't have them anymore?)

As to the Lido - 8 pm is the time I recall on all of our ships. However, open seating is still available I believe in the MDR. Late seating starts at 8, so if it is around that time, I would order off the MDR menu if I didn't want to go there (or dress up) and enjoy the food in my room :):)

Thanks everyone for the input. Sounds like 8pm is the cutoff about 99% of the time. Will have to keep that in mind if we want to try it. Usually do fixed late MDR, but some of our port days in Alaska are long, so we were looking for some non-dress-up options.

Penny:)

Archived