Anyone ever sailed during Halloween?

Me again ... our cruise is during Halloween. Does Royal Caribbean do anything for Halloween? Do passengers dress up? :D

Our very first RCCL cruise was on the Navigator of the Seas during Halloween and it was a Western Caribbean cruise. The staff dressed in costume and all through the ship people wore some masks and things. It was such fun! We really enjoyed that sailing because the staff loved Halloween so much! Actually this Halloween cruise was more fun that the Christmas Holiday cruises just because the staff enjoyed Halloween!

CincinnatiGal

Spent the last two Halloweens on RCCL:

-- '09 on Radiance

-- '10 Mariner (Boo Cruise)

Both were great -- ship was decorated, costume parties/parades for kids (and later in the evening) for the grownups.

Have to say that I enjoyed Halloween on Radiance a little more, since the day itself fell later in the cruise. We had more time to enjoy the decorations, plan for the parties, etc. Halloween on Mariner fell on embarkation day itself -- so, things felt a little rushed. DH and I limited our costumes to what we could pack in our carry-on, as we didn't want to wait on luggage delivery to start getting ready for the evening's festivities. It was hilarious that a few people wore their costumes (e.g. a giant bunny-rabbit) at boarding. :D

We had a sea day on Halloween for our last cruise (2010) and they did a wonderful job with the decorations.

There were a lot less people in costume but we think that had more to do with the destination and passengers (French Polynesia) than the holiday.

Still a lot of fun. Enjoy!

Yes, sailed Mariner last year on Halloween. As stated, there were costumes, parades, and festivities. However, we chose not to participate as did others and that was fine, too. It is absolutely your decision on how far to take it, I guess you could say. Feel free to dress in costume, or just wear your regular clothes. No big deal.

We're going on a cruise on FOS the week before Halloween. The holiday will be two days later. Do they decorate the ship and do any Halloween activities early?

I know that Shrek will be on board and the Dreamworks Experience in full swing by then. This could make for some interesting possibilities for those planning costumes.

We were on Monarch during Halloween 2009 and yes, plenty of folks dressed up and there was a great party on deck. I wish I'd gotten a costume together. My favorite one was simple. Guy was dressed up in pink scrubs with a tail and pig nose and carrying an oversized fake syringe.... Swine Flu :D

Anyone have any photos??

Yup.

Vision of the Seas, October 2007. Check out my shared albums on Shutterfly

http://roofingprincessmos.shutterfly.com/240

Halloween night pix start around #131.

We did a "group costume". We were beauty pageant contestants on a casual day - so all we needed were sashes and crowns...

As KING COCONUT

I can honestly say I have put on my costume on during Halloween onboard the Oasis of the Seas 1st Halloween cruise.

I know that for some reason hundreds of people took photos of me with there family members...If you have a photo of me from OOS 1st Halloween cruise send me one.

148480_173381802673462_100000049302406_594729_8039384_n.jpg

Now when I was onboard the Navigator of the Seas I even dressed for dinner and it was formal night. But why did some people think I was Drew C.?

4918_92668434276_815149276_1719441_1254599_n.jpg

If you get a chance to get on a ship for Halloween its the best Halloween party you will ever go to. Guranteed....:D

We seem to always be on a cruise over Halloween and do "dress-up" for the occasion. Even have had Halloween parties in our suite with all kinds of goodies. Last yr. we where on FOS with over 500 of us in costumes and this yr will be on again!! We need to retire our costumes as have won first place four times with them and it's time to find something new!! Have pix from a few yrs back when we where on NCL--will have to see if I can find the link!!

We usally send our costumes ahead of time to the hotel we stay at--we always fly in a day or two early. Then we pack them in a collaspable bag to take them to the ship--than ship them back home after the cruise--usally stay again at the hotel post cruise--1 day before we fly back home!

Seems like always a lot of kids in costumes too--and they have a kids contest!!

• 1 year later...
Oh I'm sooooo excited! I'm going to start planning my costume!

We dock at Kings Warf day of Halloween :D:D:D

RozWazowski, are you sailing on the Explorer of the Seas, departing on Oct. 28? If so, our little group will be on your cruise! I'll start thinking of good costume ideas too :)

Oh I'm sooooo excited! I'm going to start planning my costume!

We dock at Kings Warf day of Halloween :D:D:D

RozWazowski, are you sailing on the Explorer of the Seas, departing on Oct. 28? If so, our little group will be on your cruise! I'll start thinking of good costume ideas too :)

Archived