If rci could change one thing...

Add self-service laundries

Get some decent books in the library--I've never seen such a poor selection. Recently, cruising with kids, we couldn't find one children's books--and we looked on the first day.

More variety/better food in the Windjammer.

I second better cookies--they're too hard!

i would love for them to make fresh burgers and hot dogs. I hate when they sit under that heat lamp their so dry. Carnival and Princess clearly win that category along with their pizza fresh made pizza.

Correct. Certain food items are best enjoyed hot off the grill.

Burgers and Steaks for sure! Think Johnny Rockets, Portofino

and Chops, I do.

FDA requires hot food storage until serving maintain 140 degrees F.

'Cambro' hot boxes or 'Heat lamps' are typically used for this.

Drying happens.

Bottom line, a tray of burgers under a heat lamp at 140 degrees is healthy,

but not appetizing.

So, I always opt for hot off the grill when it comes to Burgers and Steaks.

Princess burgers (by the pool) are served off the grill as you watch.

Sign their book and you can get a medium rare burger...regulations again!

Bon Appetite!

:cool::cool::cool:

PS...Certified BBQ judge.

Better quality steaks in the MDR! At times the steaks in the MDR on my Mariner cruise were inedible! I usually don't complain about RCCL's food, but they were not good at all.

On the otherhand, I cruised Celebrity last month and their steaks in the MDR and even the minute steaks at the lunch buffet were awesome!

Lose the singing and dancing waiters in the dining room. This includes parading children dressed as pirates through the dining room on formal night.

I cringe when I see a dining room full of people waving their dirty napkins in the air, when others are tyring to eat :eek:

It would be nice to be able to bring wine on board. We have done two RCL cruises in the past and are sailing on NCL in another two weeks when we CAN bring wine. I am willing to pay the corkage fee...but let me bring my own wine, please.

Sue K.

RCL Explorer of the Seas 5/11 (3 months 12 days to go!!)

NCL Jewel 2/11 (just under 2 weeks to go!)

RCL Freedom of the Seas 5/09

RCL Enchantment of the Seas 11/07

I am actually laughing at all the comments about how bad the pizza is and the dry cookies...etc. How about some different ports of call or hours they are there or a friend program. I know they just started somthing on this, but something like....if I bring 10 new cruisers and they joing C & A and use my name per se' I should get more On Board Credit or a dinner at Chops... something like that. To complain about the pizza and cookies is just silly.;)

1. Install laundry rooms for folks that want to use them.

2. Allow passengers to bring sodas and water on board if they want to.

3. Come up with some beverage packages (alcoholic ones)

4. What's with that sorry excuse of a water package? Limited amounts? Are you kidding???

5. RCI has a pathetic selection of fine champagnes, yet they do not allow you to bring champ on. What's with that????

Lose the singing and dancing waiters in the dining room. This includes parading children dressed as pirates through the dining room on formal night.

I cringe when I see a dining room full of people waving their dirty napkins in the air, when others are tyring to eat :eek:

Well said!

Get rid of the "percieved" caste system in public areas on board...the "reserved" seating primarily-by the pool(s) and in the theaters...

JMHO.

Omgosh me too - seems like it's becoming the nation of have & have nots. Sorry you only booked an OV room & aren't a D+, then you can have this table in the back of the dining room & can't come to special private stuff.

I would change one thing -- Make the deck with the running track on all ships entirely no smoking. Smokers have many other places to puff away. It would be a great way for RCI to demonstrate its commitment to the Health and Wellness of its passengers, especially on the deck where passengers are trying to be healthier. It's unpleasant to jog through smoke, as I was forced to do on the Freedom.

This is an excellent thread, and all of these are good suggestions. As soon as I saw the thread, my first thought was, "enforce the rules that you make." Shorts in the MDR? A five-year-old at the Chef's Table? I think not. Why make rules if you're not going to enforce them?

Create an alcohol beverage package (much like the one on Celebrity)

AND

Modify the existing water package to allow for UNLIMITED bottles of water (as is the case on Celebrity)

AND

Get rid of that archaic policy of NOT allowing passengers to bring water and sodas on board when they embark (as is the case on Celebrity)

AND

Offer passengers the ability to purchase in-cabin alcohol setups (once again as is the case on Celebrity.)

Create an alcohol beverage package (much like the one on Celebrity)

AND

Modify the existing water package to allow for UNLIMITED bottles of water (as is the case on Celebrity)

AND

Get rid of that archaic policy of NOT allowing passengers to bring water and sodas on board when they embark (as is the case on Celebrity)

AND

Offer passengers the ability to purchase in-cabin alcohol setups (once again as is the case on Celebrity.)

Your post made me laugh out loud, and the exact reasons I choose Celebrity over Royal Caribbean. That and Celebrity's strict No Smoking policy! And the soft cookies, plush pool towels that I dont have to sign out, better food, and most everything else everyone here has said they wish RCI would improve that is already that way on Celebrity.

Maybe you too should come over from the 'dark side' and see what Celebrity is all about?

i would love for them to make fresh burgers and hot dogs. I hate when they sit under that heat lamp their so dry. Carnival and Princess clearly win that category along with their pizza fresh made pizza.

This, too, is my number one request. Princess does this so well and I miss it when sailing RCCL. I've looked at the pizza in the Royal Prominade and would not even try it. Same for the dried out hamburger patties in the buffet line...yuck!

Your post made me laugh out loud, and the exact reasons I choose Celebrity over Royal Caribbean. That and Celebrity's strict No Smoking policy! And the soft cookies, plush pool towels that I dont have to sign out, better food, and most everything else everyone here has said they wish RCI would improve that is already that way on Celebrity.

Maybe you too should come over from the 'dark side' and see what Celebrity is all about?

I AM a Celebrity cruiser, with Elite status. The only reason I am Diamond on RCI is because of my past cruises on Celebrity.

I was in the PH suite on Constellation on Nov 20th Caribbean sailing. Took 9 gallon s of water; 3 12-paks of soda; 13 bottles of champagne onboard with me.

Yeah, I know (and love) the Celebrity lifestyle, and find it strange that Royal Caribbean doesn't have the same drink plans and policies.

No need to sell me on Celebrity; my first cruise on them was in 1995.

This is an excellent thread, and all of these are good suggestions. As soon as I saw the thread, my first thought was, "enforce the rules that you make." Shorts in the MDR? A five-year-old at the Chef's Table? I think not. Why make rules if you're not going to enforce them?

Amen!

I AM a Celebrity cruiser, with Elite status. The only reason I am Diamond on RCI is because of my past cruises on Celebrity.

I was in the PH suite on Constellation on Nov 20th Caribbean sailing. Took 9 gallon s of water; 3 12-paks of soda; 13 bottles of champagne onboard with me.

Yeah, I know (and love) the Celebrity lifestyle, and find it strange that Royal Caribbean doesn't have the same drink plans and policies.

No need to sell me on Celebrity; my first cruise on them was in 1995.

First of all....couldn't agree more...love, love, love Celebrity.

and secondly, 13 bottles of champagne...HOLY COW! ;)

Totally jealous of your Elite status.

Archived