Questions about purses in Nassau

majosa

I posted this question on the Fascination but it remains unanswered. So i thought i would try here.

Hello fellow cruisers. Could someone fill me in as to what kind of purses they are selling at the straw market? I was told there is coach and dooney and bourke. I am not someone who knows a lot about those things. I usually shop at walmart for my purse! Also do they have wallets? Are the purses big or small. And the range of price? I know it can all change from day to day but i would like to get idea of what to plan for. Thank you so much for helping out

I posted this question on the Fascination but it remains unanswered. So i thought i would try here.

Hello fellow cruisers. Could someone fill me in as to what kind of purses they are selling at the straw market? I was told there is coach and dooney and bourke. I am not someone who knows a lot about those things. I usually shop at walmart for my purse! Also do they have wallets? Are the purses big or small. And the range of price? I know it can all change from day to day but i would like to get idea of what to plan for. Thank you so much for helping out

Those are not real Coach or Dooney and Bourke, the are illegal knockoffs! They are illegal to transport back into the US but sometimes the customs agents will let it go. I wouldn't risk it for a cheap purse with a fake logo on it.

Wow ok well i tried to edit and delete the thread but it said i had not done so in 20 min. So for anyone else it was not my intention to upset or made anyone mad. I have never been to Nassau and only heard on another board about it. As i mentioned i dont know about these things. Knock offs or real i would not be able to tell you the difference. Now i know.

Don't worry...a legit question! I've found that Nassau's straw market is full of junk, for the most part! It has some "kitschy" items that might be "cute" to buy, but you will NOT find high-priced items at a bargain price.

If you see something you like and want, buy it. Just don't expect to get more than you pay for!

If you've ever been to NY, the straw market is like Chinatown, only I personally think the Chinatown knockoffs are nicer. I don't claim to be some sort of expert, but you can tell the difference between the designer and the knockoff. But, last time I was there, they did have some cute jewelry, costume type stuff. Bangles and dangly necklaces, that type of stuff. I love to wear it but hate to pay for it because I don't wear it very often, and it was pretty cheap at the straw market.

lots of LV and Coach knockoffs also.. just look everythng over, make sure the zippers work ;)... and bargain.. just came back from the Allure and seems the LV were the biggest 'hit' at the straw market... in fact, I bought a nice wheelie carryon LV.. seeing as I've got the real, the chinatown and the straw market ones.. and stack them up against each other and a good copy is difficult to tell from the real.. the zippers even have the logo on the pulls,.. it's amazing how they pull the copycats to every detail... have fun...!.. the straw market is an experience.. I found this time they were not as pushy as they used to be.. didn't have to be,, business was booming.. LOL

You can get the real thing at Old San Juans Coach, Dooney Burke and Ralph Lauren factory outlets. Beautiful stores, not cheap but the real thing at sometimes bargain prices. Old San Juan is one of the do not misses in all of Caribbean.

Wow ok well i tried to edit and delete the thread but it said i had not done so in 20 min. So for anyone else it was not my intention to upset or made anyone mad. I have never been to Nassau and only heard on another board about it. As i mentioned i dont know about these things. Knock offs or real i would not be able to tell you the difference. Now i know.

Please don't worry about asking the question. It has been asked before and as you can see, answered in with differing opinions.

You can get the real thing at Old San Juans Coach, Dooney Burke and Ralph Lauren factory outlets. Beautiful stores, not cheap but the real thing at sometimes bargain prices. Old San Juan is one of the do not misses in all of Caribbean.

Sweet! Didn't know there were outlets in San Juan!

not to add any flames to the fire, i did pick up a jimmy choo at the straw market for 40 bucks. The key is to never agree to the asking price! I bartered down from 60. Once i took a good look at it afterward, the quality was pretty poor - wish i had insisted on 25! I've seen nicer bags at Walmart. Insist on looking it over first!

not to add any flames to the fire, i did pick up a jimmy choo at the straw market for 40 bucks. The key is to never agree to the asking price! I bartered down from 60. Once i took a good look at it afterward, the quality was pretty poor - wish i had insisted on 25! I've seen nicer bags at Walmart. Insist on looking it over first!

Then what was the point in buying it?:confused:

Archived