Oh rci you're such a good cruise line, if only sorrentos had better pizza....

I agree. I had it a couple times on Liberty this week and was sorely disappointed. Basically pre-made pizza of similar quality to what you get out of your microwave at home.

Sad, but it's pretty much indicative of the food on RCI as a whole....

I think its OK, considering, I'm sure no one is in the back throwing the dough up into the air. At least its a step up from the school pizza, and the frozen grocery pizza. I think its more in line with Little Caesar's!!!

And yes, the water in NY does make the pizza (crust) better, which really makes the pizza.

carnival and princess have great pizza.

Yes, it is true! I had AWESOME pizza on the Carnival Spirit last May (and I LOVED that I could have it for breakfast - made fresh from the guy from Italy ... It was the real thin Italian style - which I love almost as much as NYC style :D)

BUT I sure hope people are not deciding which cruise ship or cruise line to go on based on pizza!! ;) (Not saying I didn't love my Carnival Cruise because I DID!)

Just sayin' ...

I agree, with all the foods on the ship, and all trying to be fancy and better than normal restaurant food, the pizza on all the ships I have been on (Carnival and Disney) seams poor quality/flavor. I think it is the crust that lowers the quality.

You would think with all the nationalities on the ship/company, and all the money they spend on things, they could bake a pizza that is fresh, and great.

NY style, Chicago Style, California Style, real Italian,

Maybe it needs contracted to a retailer like, Papa Johns, Domino's, God Fathers, who ever, just better.

I agree. the pizza on rci is very bad. i would say our local little ceasars is better hands down compared to what we had on the monarch.

the pizza on the monarch was pretty rough for sure....Little Ceasar is much better! ......I didnt even bother on the Radiance. Ive found a local place that a guy from Brooklyn runs and the pizza doesnt get any better so its hard for me to eat it anywhere else........so many other tasty things on the ship to eat anyway.

the pizza on the monarch was pretty rough for sure....Little Ceasar is much better! ......I didnt even bother on the Radiance. Ive found a local place that a guy from Brooklyn runs and the pizza doesnt get any better so its hard for me to eat it anywhere else........so many other tasty things on the ship to eat anyway.

But they can do so many things well, why can't they make pizza on a ship?

Maybe pre-made isn't accurate. But it certainly tastes that way. It's kind of a soggy, bready dough. Like someone else said, I certainly don't see them behind the counter tossing and stretching the dough. I assume they have those pre-made rounds and just throw the toppings on it.

Basically, it's the same problem as just about every other food product on board. It's passable, but it could easily be so much better...

We enjoyed the pizza on Oasis, Freedom, and Allure. Esp as a late night snack. Always saw them making it fresh too. But then, living in the plains, I've never had the opportunity to experience NY style pizza. If I had maybe........:rolleyes:

Now that said, I have to admit, as good as the pizza was on my last few RCI cruises, the one.....and only thing I loved on my last Carnival cruise was the pizza. It was excellent!

It seems to really depend on each trip. I have had the pizza on Liberty and Oasis and it was good-to-very good. We travel on Navigator alot. I usually like their pizza on the Navigator, but one trip it was awful. I tried it twice that trip and just gave up. So you just never know.

Irene

Archived