GTY's, when have you been getting assigned??

BluexMoon

When did you find out your room assignment?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. When did you find out your room assignment?

• 75 days or more before sailing
    • 60-74 days before sailing
    • 45-59 days before sailing
    • 30-45 days before sailing
    • 15-30 days before sailing
    • 1-15 days before sailing
    • At the pier

Our one and only cruise experience to date (there will be more):

Paradise out of Long Beach, 4 day cruise.

Booked in March for a Sept cruise - booked a 4a Gty.

Rec'd doc's about 6 weeks out, perhaps a little less.

Rooms was on the docs, an upgrade to the top deck but still inside.

Had a great time.

Does booking through Carnival PVP or local TA make any difference? We used a local TA, and at one point after the cruise we were discussing what we liked and didn't like about the trip (There was a problem with one of the hotels). I commented on the upgrade, and said something to the effect of "Thank you if you had anything to do with it". She just smiled and nodded.

I'll do the Gty again next cruise (sometime in 2006) - like someone else said it's more money for the bar bill.

Do you still have the capers from the 4 day cruise?

We sailed on the legend in January 2005 and received my documents about 30 days out. Room assignment on sign and sail showed and extended balcony on Panarama. That room assignment lasted about a week and when I went in to try and purchase a gift is when I found out that was not my room assignment. Moral of the story is don't believe that the room number on your sign and sail is fail proof because I am proof it does change.

Happy sailing,

pittypat

Booked 4A Gty.'s (riveria deck) in Jan. for 4/28 cruise. Checked our carnival profile everyday until it went from TBA to showing rooms on the Empress deck. The assignment showed up at 50 days. We still have inside cabins but are more than happy with them cause our location is great! Not to mention they kept all 5 cabins together. From what I have heard that is not always done. My first gty. we didn't find out til we got to the pier. Went from a 6A to 6C.

I booked a 1A Qty (Inside) in February for an Ectasy 4 day leaving this Thursday, March 31. I have looked on the Modify/Book site for the last couple of weeks without any success. Finally today I thought I'd just call Carnival and see if I had been assigned a room. Sure enough they had my assignment. I can't remember what the class is but it is R163 and from the deck plans it can sleep 4 people. I'm a solo cruiser. Well at least my cabin will be larger.

• 3 weeks later...

Last time, mine changed 3 times (including 2X after docs. received, from what was on the back of the S&S form), starting at about 60 days out and the last change was less than 2 weeks before sailing.

Last time, mine changed 3 times (including 2X after docs. received, from what was on the back of the S&S form), starting at about 60 days out and the last change was less than 2 weeks before sailing.

I hope mine changes. Got my docs a couple of days ago. Not happy with my assignment. Still haven't seen anything but GTY on CCL's site. Book/modify or gift methods, both give the same result.

How do you find out what your cabin # when you have a guarentee? I thought I read somewhere you act like you are buying something, but it asks for a stateroom. Thanks.

Go to this thread, 8 posts down you will see instructions with links. Follow them exactly. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=136414

Hey, we're almost neighbors! I'm in Hollister.

Booked 4A GTY on Glory (May 21) about 70 days out through a TA. By reading this thread today I followed the instructions to do the "Book/Modify" on Carnival's website and it says as of right now we are assigned a 4F. Today is 36 days before sailing. Thanks for the info on how to do this.

I will keep my eye on it now!!

At the pier! Not a minute before, either!

We had 2 cabins and asked that they be somewhat close together, though not necessarily next door.......

Our request was granted.......the cabins were in the same area, just a few doors apart.

We didn't like not knowing our cabin numbers in advance, but in the end, it really didn't make any difference.

I just found out mine today for a June 05 sailing by using the gift method. I booked an 8a balcony guartnee and got an upgrade to the Panorama Deck 10 and room 1027. This is my first cruise and I am so excited about this location. Has anyone had this room before.

Archived