GTY's, when have you been getting assigned??

BluexMoon

When did you find out your room assignment?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. When did you find out your room assignment?

• 75 days or more before sailing
    • 60-74 days before sailing
    • 45-59 days before sailing
    • 30-45 days before sailing
    • 15-30 days before sailing
    • 1-15 days before sailing
    • At the pier

We just sailed 5/21/05 on the Legend and had (2 cabins) 6A OV GTY which we booked in Oct. 04. We ended up with 7A cabins - obstructed Balcony, next to each other, which were assigned at the pier. No 'method' had revealed our cabins prior to sailing, except they turned out to be the ones listed on the back of the sail&sign card. We were very happy with the upgrade, especially at the great 6A rates we paid and would have been pleased with no upgrade at all ...:)

We booked a gtee Oceanview. Three cabins for 11 people. Found out through Carnivals Modify booking that we were upgraded to balconies, 2 have obstructed views. That was about 33 days out. Got my docs. yesterday and doesnt show our cabins. TA said they could change. Leaving in 29 days!

on the documents-- check the back of your sign and sail page on the bottom after your booking number and before the *. If there is trully an assignemnt it will be in that place. If you are not assigned you will see GTEE in that long string of numbers.

The upgrade fairy visited me, too! I just found out that we were upgraded from an guaranteed inside cabin to 6A oceanview midship! WOW!! That cabin costs $220.00 more than we actually spent. I didn't think Carnival would upgrade from inside to outside. I always thought the upgrades were from inside to inside, outside to outside or balcony to balcony. We leave on 7/21 and I just booked our cruise this past Monday. Now I'm ready to go!!!!

Ranger--upgrades like yours do happen. It also happens when you buy an inside and get a balcony-- Now THATS a great upgrade. Happens rare but it does happen. Congrats on your upgrade.

How did you find your upgrade?

I used your"Fun Pass" gift idea! It was GREAT!! I just booked this cruise Monday and paid for inside guarantee. I came home from work today and did the "Fun Pass" method by "pretending" to order a bon voyage gift and there it was: oceanview 6A. I called Carnival and they even gave me my exact room number. Maybe I'll be further upgraded to a balcony???!!!!

I booked maybe 5 months ago....
Paid in full due to the fact I wanted to use my Carnival credit card points...

The price of the sailing has stayed the same...only the port charges were uped a dollar or two??
I booked one inside gty... one outside gty

[quote name='rangerdog']The upgrade fairy visited me, too! I just found out that we were upgraded from an guaranteed inside cabin to 6A oceanview midship! WOW!! That cabin costs $220.00 more than we actually spent. I didn't think Carnival would upgrade from inside to outside. I always thought the upgrades were from inside to inside, outside to outside or balcony to balcony. We leave on 7/21 and I just booked our cruise this past Monday. Now I'm ready to go!!!![/QUOTE] Great! The same thing happened to us, on the Miracle! We've never had an oceanview!
:D

Since you booked a guarantee- the items you buy online will find you. Mostly stuff like coupons you get on the first night at dinner. Other stuff will get tot he cabin. Take confirmationw ith you jsut in case.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived