GTY's, when have you been getting assigned??

BluexMoon

When did you find out your room assignment?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. When did you find out your room assignment?

• 75 days or more before sailing
    • 60-74 days before sailing
    • 45-59 days before sailing
    • 30-45 days before sailing
    • 15-30 days before sailing
    • 1-15 days before sailing
    • At the pier

I sail on the Victoy May 8th. Havent been able to find my cabin by Book Modify or Fun pass. I still havent recieved my documents and I was paid in full at time of booking...in Jan. :confused: Hoping for the best.

I've only been able to find my cabin# on my docs. When I do book/modify, or gift method, it still says GTY. But if I key in the cabin# listed on my docs to "buy" a gift, I get an error that GTY cabins must make purchases by phone, no on-line purchases allowed. I guess that's because my cabin# could change.

• 3 weeks later...

My Friend Mike booked on March 10th and got his cabin assignment using the Gift method on 6th of May, He sails on 30 Jun 2005, 55 days out.

BlueXmoon, Try going into the Funpass area first, then Gifts.

good morning everyone

I booked one month ( paid in full ) in advance for our January cruise on the Victory.

I booked an oceanview guarantee cabin.

After an entire month of trying the book/ modify order / gifts method I gave up 2 days before the cruise.

At the pier we found out we had an upgrade to an 8B Balcony....

I immediately called my PVP and told him I loved him... LOL

Although I am sure he had nothing to do with it.

See, this is all proving to me that the later you book the better the upgrade. People who book a year out hardly are getting upgrades. The people who paid more for their cruises will get the upgrades first. So by booking my cruise a year ahead its better for me to book a cabin then take that chance for an upgrade since it really is a small chance.

Littlebit....when are you going? We are on the Valor the 29th of May. My daughter is getting married on the ship. We booked guarantee rooms a year ago. All of us have our assignments except my daughter. Her documents give her a room that is on Main deck. The rest of us are on Empress. (Not that we want her room anywhere near ours...lol)

We will also be on the 29th. I think I've seen you on the roll call once before. If not check it out!!! A bunch of us are meeting up at the Eagles Lounge after the muster drill.

It must be very exciting that your daughter is getting married. Nothing better then a cruise wedding :-)

Is she getting married on the ship or on one of the Islands?

If I go by the secret code in back of the sail and sign page then I will be on the Riveira Deck - Oceanview. Which is actually good for me...closer to the gangway and no hassle waiting for elevators ;)

Marie-Elena

Littlebit12 - The wedding is on the ship in the Miami Port. Don't have any details yet on when or where. Supposedly find out all that info in a week or so. Not sure with the wedding and reception where we'll be after the muster drill....but maybe we can work our way to the lounge.

Mike

I don't think we will be in the Lounge for too long. We would like to be on deck for the sail away party. But at some point throw on green and yellow lei's and everyone from our Roll Call will be able to recognize you. Or if you get a quick chance to stop by Eagles Lounge that will be great :)

17 more days...I can't wait!

I am 59 days away grom sailing on the Valor ( July 10th ):D :D :D And I found out yesterday ( 60 days out ) through the book/modify method. I was booked in a group and as 8A grty... Was given 8C Verandah deck stateroom # 8367.

I am a newbie so a question for you die hards... Can that change in the next 59 days?? Thanks for any help!!:cool:

I'm on the Conquest 6/19/05. Booked gty 8A in January '05. Have been checking to see if a cabin assignment has been made using the "FunPass Method" & sure enough, today there is a cabin number & its an upgrade to 9A. Whoo hoo! Hopefully nothing changes prior to sailing, but if it does, oh well. I'm still on vacation & I still know that I'll have at least an 8A!

Cheers!

We're sailing on Destiny from Barbados on 18th May (next Wednesday) got my tickets today (4 days out) and my 6A OV Gty which was assigned 3 months ago, Riviera 1293, is still the cabin number on the tickets. I don't know if its because we are embarking from Barbados that there is no possibility of upgrade, or if there's a chance we will get upgraded at the pier. No matter, I'm happy with the cabin, its what I woud have chosen if I'd gone assigned 6A. This is my first cruise experience and I have learned so much. Next time I will do it so so so differently. Book really early, directly with Carnival PVP and during an upgrade sale or something similar to make the most of my money. Carnival sent my documents out to TA months ago, but TA wouldn't despatch till yesterday. Luckily I found out my cabin assignment by doing the funpass/gift order thing, so didn't have to wait till today to find out the cabin number.

I booked a 4A GTY (two months prior to sailing) and was not assigned until I was at the port (Fantasy in May). I checked the morning before sailing (using all the secret methods) and it was still a GTY. We ended up with a upper deck porthole cabin so I was happy.

Pam

I called the bon voyaga gift deptartment and told them that I wanted to order gifts for the rooms. I gave the gentleman the booking numbers, and he gave me our cabin assignments!!!!

Just thought I would add that....3 days till CRUISIN WITH THE GIRLS!!!!!!:p :D ;)

Maybe it's just me but it's starting to sound like blacony gty's are assigned before sailing where interior and OV's don't have that same luck. Could this be because there are less balcony's and they sell out faster?

WHat happens with sailings that are not selling quite as well.. People who booked insides and oceanviews will move up so the cruise lines can see the chepaer cabins for an even cheaper price. Cabins are not usualy set until 6- 7 weeks out. (if people are gettting assignments earlier then that-- then the agent placed them in set cabins and didnt tell no one)

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't know about the funpass option with odering gifts, just checked but still 67 days out and it did come up with gty under room assignment. I had never seen that before and will now know where to look once 45days or so comes around. Thanks for sharing the great info everyone

I didn't know about the funpass option with odering gifts, just checked but still 67 days out and it did come up with gty under room assignment. I had never seen that before and will now know where to look once 45days or so comes around. Thanks for sharing the great info everyone

Hey teach-- what cruise r u on?? we sail in 67 days also!--on the Conquest yeahhooo! :D

We booked a gtee Oceanview. Three cabins for 11 people. Found out through Carnivals Modify booking that we were upgraded to balconies, 2 have obstructed views. That was about 33 days out. Got my docs. yesterday and doesnt show our cabins. TA said they could change. Leaving in 29 days!

Archived