How to Apply for CCL Shareholder Credit or Military Credit

BridgeMates

• 4 months later...

So on the Princess web site it says you get $100 per person. My husband was in the military for 26 years and was mostly in the reserves. we took all the info to our TA and she said she sent it all in for us. So do we get $100 or $200. Right now it is not showing up on our my princess. Someone said on here that it would not show up on there unless you booked through Princess. Our TA said it should show up before we go on the cruise and the reason they dont put it on there right away is that it is a pain to refund it if you decide not to go. Maybe I should just call and ask my TA. I did right an e-mail to Princess to see what they say about it and I included my booking number. Hopefully they will answer me soon about it

So on the Princess web site it says you get $100 per person. My husband was in the military for 26 years and was mostly in the reserves. we took all the info to our TA and she said she sent it all in for us. So do we get $100 or $200. Right now it is not showing up on our my princess. Someone said on here that it would not show up on there unless you booked through Princess. Our TA said it should show up before we go on the cruise and the reason they dont put it on there right away is that it is a pain to refund it if you decide not to go. Maybe I should just call and ask my TA. I did right an e-mail to Princess to see what they say about it and I included my booking number. Hopefully they will answer me soon about it

Your TA is incorrect. It will not show up there at all. She will get notice when it's applied and she has to give it to you. You do not OBC per person unless you both served in the military. Are you looking at the Princess site correctly? The OBC you get per person, is from FCC's; not shareholder and not military. Those are per cabin only, unless like I said, you too served.

I sent the request for the Shareholder OBC about two weeks ago via email. I got an email back confirming the OBC two days later.

I faxed shareholder docs for our next two cruises a few days ago. Got confirmation for one; not the other. TA got neither. Plenty of time to do it again.

Does your husband's military time qualify? He needs 2 years active duty showing on his DD214 or if he is retired reserve, he will have a retired ID card. Could this be why the obc is not showing up?

Since we don't leave until November I sent my request in for Military OBC by snail mail on the 5th of July.

Since we booked through Princess I found the OBC listed in my personalizer today.

Last cruise we used a TA and she was notified of the approval and then she advised me.

Bob

Do I have to submit the Military OBC request for each cruise?

Just returned from a cruise on SEA with the Military OBC. I would think in this day of computers it would be automatically credited to each future cruise.

Thanks for any clarification you can provide.

Do I have to submit the Military OBC request for each cruise?

Just returned from a cruise on SEA with the Military OBC. I would think in this day of computers it would be automatically credited to each future cruise.

Thanks for any clarification you can provide.

At the present time, yes. But someone posted a little while ago he was told they are working on it so that the system automatically does it with each booking. That would be nice.

I faxed shareholder docs for our next two cruises a few days ago. Got confirmation for one; not the other. TA got neither. Plenty of time to do it again.

Just had an 18 day cruise on Ocean P, submitted stockholder proof to the correct email address the day I booked, 19 days from sailing, just got an autoreply email, no confirmation.

Embarked ship, no OBC showing on my account so asked reception to chase it for me. I also re-emailed shoreside about it and received an autoreply.

A week later reception called my cabin and said I was not getting OBC at all as I had not submitted my claim 14 days before sailing. I then spent some of my precious Internet minutes and printed off proof that I had applied 19 days in advance and gave it to them.

2 days before the end of the 18 day cruise the $250 OBC showed up on my account.

Better late than never, but rather late and a little concerning.

I will take proof of application with me next time.

Just had an 18 day cruise on Ocean P, submitted stockholder proof to the correct email address the day I booked, 19 days from sailing, just got an autoreply email, no confirmation.

Embarked ship, no OBC showing on my account so asked reception to chase it for me. I also re-emailed shoreside about it and received an autoreply.

A week later reception called my cabin and said I was not getting OBC at all as I had not submitted my claim 14 days before sailing. I then spent some of my precious Internet minutes and printed off proof that I had applied 19 days in advance and gave it to them.

2 days before the end of the 18 day cruise the $250 OBC showed up on my account.

Better late than never, but rather late and a little concerning.

I will take proof of application with me next time.

Better just not to wait until the last minute to file.

Better just not to wait until the last minute to file.

I see you book your cruises far in advance, not all of us can plan our schedule like that and are forced - or choose - to book closer to sailing, and really 19 days is not at all last minute to apply for stockholder OBC.

In the past on Cunard I have done it 3 days before sailing when I have booked a last minute transatlantic and not any problem.

Obviously something has changed, and not for the better, maybe its the flood of military OBC applications clogging up the system?

I'll be putting that claim in next time as well, now its combinable etc.

I see you book your cruises far in advance, not all of us can plan our schedule like that and are forced - or choose - to book closer to sailing, and really 19 days is not at all last minute to apply for stockholder OBC.

In the past on Cunard I have done it 3 days before sailing when I have booked a last minute transatlantic and not any problem.

Obviously something has changed, and not for the better, maybe its the flood of military OBC applications clogging up the system?

I'll be putting that claim in next time as well, now its combinable etc.

Princess has gone from having one person (the much loved Liza McDonald) processing the shareholder OBC requests to having a group handling the Shareholder and Military requests. I book early and submit the Shareholder request around final payment date and have always had it processed quickly and correctly.

Princess has gone from having one person (the much loved Liza McDonald) processing the shareholder OBC requests to having a group handling the Shareholder and Military requests. I book early and submit the Shareholder request around final payment date and have always had it processed quickly and correctly.

That's McDaniel, Paul.

And Griller, sorry, didn't notice it was the day you booked. Getting auto response is different. I've never seen one.

really 19 days is not at all last minute to apply for stockholder OBC.

Obviously something has changed.

What has changed is that there is now a form and the form says the request must be received at least 14 days before the cruise.

Obviously, you beat this deadline by five days.

That's McDaniel, Paul.

And Griller, sorry, didn't notice it was the day you booked. Getting auto response is different. I've never seen one.

I just checked back on my emails and even in October last year I got this as an autoresponse:

To: gril****@hotmail.com

Subject: RE: Please apply Stockholder OBC, THANKS

Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 08:32:05 -0400

Thank you for your e-mail.

Your request has been received and is currently under review status. Your patience is greatly appreciated through out the review process.

Sincerely,

Guest Admin Department

What has changed is that there is now a form and the form says the request must be received at least 14 days before the cruise.

Obviously, you beat this deadline by five days.

UHOH a form. I didn't know that, and I did not use a form, where do I download the form please?

I just checked the official Carnival blurb about it and it mentions one week before cruise, must have changed without me noticing it.

thanks Griller

I just checked back on my emails and even in October last year I got this as an autoresponse:

To: gril****@hotmail.com

Subject: RE: Please apply Stockholder OBC, THANKS

Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 08:32:05 -0400

Thank you for your e-mail.

Your request has been received and is currently under review status. Your patience is greatly appreciated through out the review process.

Sincerely,

Guest Admin Department

Your autoresponse came from Carnival, not Princess. Was your request for a Carnival cruise. I am on w-one of theirs today and got the same auto reply to my request. A couple of days later I got an email confirming the OBC. I hav not gotten the autoreply from Princess.

• 1 month later...

Could some kind person give me the email address for Liza. She seems very helpful. I sent a shareholders OBc request earlier today, and haven't received an acknowledgement so maybe I will forward the original email to her. Thanks.

Archived