Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: Carnival Pride review (photos, funtimes & more)

MikeyA53

After we unpacked and was all settled in our cabin we returned to exploring/photographing the ship’s interior.

The Butterflies Lounge,( Superstar Live, Punchliner Comedy) is situated on Deck 1 Fwd. Above it is the Taj Mahal Main Lounge which is great. On all the other ships we’ve been on, the two main lounges were at opposite ends of the ship. It’s convenient especially when you have little time to get from one show to another.

Entrance to Butterflies Lounge

DSC_0235.jpg

DSC_0236.jpg

DSC_0391.jpg

DSC_0390.jpg

Spiral staircase leading to the Taj Mahal Entrance, Deck 3

DSC_0074.jpg

On Deck 3

DSC_0314.jpg

The stained glass ceiling above the spiral staircase

DSC_0073.jpg

Entrance to Taj Mahal, Deck 3

DSC_0310.jpg

LOVE the butterflies. I have to say that from the pictures the Taj Mahal looks kind of "old/tacky/worn." Just my opinion and maybe it's just the way it comes off in the pictures. :confused: LOVE those "indoor promenades" on the Spirit class! A lot of people don't even know they're there.

Sorry in advance for the hijack, but hey to SJ Karen! We will miss you on this coming cruise! :(

Mike loved your last review and looking forward to this one. You have 20 days to finish it before I cruise though. ;)

As someone who has worked in the service industry, it is forbidden to ask for a tip. As a customer, you ask for a tip you get nothing. Mike you handled that appropriately. :D

Thank you Sherrybaby412, have a wonderful cruise with the girls. Mike

Thanks so much Mikey for posting your review:) Guess I should get online more often...already at 5 pages!

We are on her in April and am thrilled as I love the Spirit class.

Sending Tracey very best wishes on her training...hoping the time will go by quickly for you all at home.

Your pictures are amazing and I also love the decor on the Pride:):)

Thank you from both of us. Mike & Tracy

Loving all the pictures Mike! We loved the ship so much we sailed her two years in a row. The spirit class ship still remains my favorite as far as the layout goes. Thanks again for the time and effort you put into your reviews. And best wishes to Tracy as she leaves for her training.

Thank you from both of us. :) Mike & Tracy :)

Thanks for the pics. DH and I have a trip planned on the Pride for our 25th anniversary. I wasn't sure Carnival was the cruise line for a 25th anniversary but after looking at your pictures, I can't wait. The Pride doesn't look like a "college party ship" at all.

Thank you harpinjean, congratulations on your 25th and have a wonderful cruise. Mike

Awesome Mike...Loving the pics!

Did you manage to get any transiting the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel? Would have been kinda late in the evening.

Thank you Cobra1365. Yes I did, it was dark and as a consequence the photos are not as nice as I would have like them to be. Mike

I was on the Carnival Pride in October of 2008 and they didn't have the Serenity area (wish they had). I am sailing on one of her sister ships the Spirit in April 2012 and I am hoping they add a Serenity area on that ship...keeping my fingers crossed.

Anyway, enjoying this thread and the pics...keep it coming...thanks

Cindy

Thank you Cindy, Mike :)

This has made my whole day! First, it killed some of the weekend downtime while I am at work, and second, and more importantly, because your reviews are AWESOME! I absolutely loved your B2B2B2B2B2B2B2B (or however many it was ;) ) I have entered the 1-week countdown for our cruise, and what a fun way to build the excitement up to our own Glory-ous experience!

Best of luck to you and Tracy and the kids!

I am getting chills just reading your review. I feel like we are right there with you! We will be sailing on her in October and really are excited. Your pictures are fantastic and your review is so detailed, it's truly wonderful!! Looks like you have quite a following here on CC!! Good yuck to you and your family!!

BIG fan of your last review and really looking forward to this one as well! Thanks in advance! :D

Thank you once again, so happy to have found this review.

I guess once Tracie starts her training you will have to start a miscellaneous chat thread we can follow your careers on until you return to cruising in 2012.

Just starting my highly anticiapted reading.

At about 11:30 a.m we started moving in two lines into the parking lot, there was two rows of luggage porters and whenever they were free they would let another vehicle or two moved ahead. After we unloaded our luggage we were instructed to proceed in one of two lines to pay our parking fee. I believe one line is cash only and the other is credit/debit.

I had checked online and the new parking fee appeared to be $20 a day but I was pleasantly surprised that it was still $15 a day. The cashiers were in SUVs and you drove up beside them, I was surprised when she said ‘you have the cash ready and my big fat tip?". We tipped the porter $5 for our 3 pieces of luggage but I don’t like someone asking me for a tip and she didn’t get one. Furthermore, the only service they provide is to take your money, someone else is standing out in the cold, showing you where to park. I think it would have been more appropriate for her to have a sign saying something like " tips are appreciated" rather than being so blunt about it.

After we were led to our parking spot near the terminal, we entered the building and quickly went through security. They asked if we had wine or champagne, we each had one 750 ml bottle of wine and a cooler full of carbonated flavored water including one that was opened. They never opened or checked the cooler.

We were then led to the sail&sign counter. (no lines yet). Then to my surprise we were told to board the ship rather than receiving one of those numbered placards. We were on the ship at 12 p.m. It only took a mere 50 minutes from the time we arrived at the port. It worked out well for us, however if you know that Pride will be delayed getting back to port (known to happen) I would schedule my arrival time accordingly.

Parking lot starting to fill up

DSC_0041.jpg

The terminal

DSC_0042.jpg

Vehicles entering parking lot and unloading baggage

DSC_0104-1.jpg

DSC_0103-1.jpg

Baggage unloading on both sides.

DSC_0094-1.jpg

DSC_0095.jpg

I can just sense the excitement. We've never driven and always wondered how much less stress from flying it would be. So was driving or flying easier? (building in a pre-cruise day buffer of course)

The Sunset Interior Promenade, situated on Deck 3. It goes all around the Taj Mahal.

161D20091111091452.gif

DSC_0301.jpg

DSC_0302.jpg

DSC_0303.jpg

Those chairs are too cute! Love the ship tour, always nice to actually absorb and appreciate a ship. Different seeing wood floors and not marble inside.

Mike just wondering if you guys have been offered any upsells on any of your( 18 cruises...) ...... just kidding, on any of your cruises. My pvp told me that they usually offer upsells to frequent customers, don't know how true that is since on my 1st cruise on carnival back in the 80's we got upgraded to a suite for free and havn't had any other offers on the last 5 carnival cruises! Thanks for a great TR!:)