Elite Perks

argenta01

For my upcoming cruise, it will be the first time I will be sailing as Elite. I was wondering if it is possible to get juice in the mini bar set up rather than soda? I only drink vodka from the list of alchol shown and I don't think any of those sodas make good mixers. Do you get beer as well as hard liquor or is it instead of hard liquor? Can you trade beer for wine?

The Complimentary Grapevine Wine Tasting - do you have to sign up for that or do you automatically get an invite as Elite?

thanks in advance from those of you in the know. :)

For my upcoming cruise, it will be the first time I will be sailing as Elite. I was wondering if it is possible to get juice in the mini bar set up rather than soda? I only drink vodka from the list of alchol shown and I don't think any of those sodas make good mixers. Do you get beer as well as hard liquor or is it instead of hard liquor? Can you trade beer for wine?

The Complimentary Grapevine Wine Tasting - do you have to sign up for that or do you automatically get an invite as Elite?

Congratulations on earning your Elite status.

I don't know about the juice? but you can trade your small bottles of liquor out for all vodka. Yes you get beer. We trade our mini bar out for wine, as we do not drink hard liquor. They take our entire mini bar, including the beer and water and trade it for one bottle of wine. Seems a bit unfair, but that is their policy. We always do it as we don't drink one, but will drink the other. You need to call room service for the trade out.

For the wine tasting you just need to show your black card at the entry. They usually ask for your cabin number.

You don't have to do anything except show up at the dining room and show your elite card. They have a list of all elite passengers, and they will seat you.

You can call room service for a very quick exchange upon boarding. You may exchange any alcoholic beverage for another type & anything for non-alcoholic drinks. I agree that you don't get a similar value by exchanging a set up for a bottle of wine. You could order several glasses of OJ to be delivered with breakfast & store them in the mini-fridge in every cabin.

As I recall, we received an invitation card to the Grapevine tasting. I don't have the setup list but sure that someone will post it. :)

We usually order several glass of OJ on the breakfast room service menu and keep them in the fridge.

Great suggestion, thanks. I wonder if they would bring grapefruit juice or cranberry juice with a breakfast room service. ;)

Great suggestion, thanks. I wonder if they would bring grapefruit juice or cranberry juice with a breakfast room service. ;)

I don't recall the breakfast juice options but you could write it on the order card. If not available, then maybe either from the buffet or MDR?

we wanted to trade some of our mini bar supplies for wine and they said no

You can change out your entire mini bar for a bottle of wine.

And to the person who previously asked, you get two bottles/cans (sometimes one, sometimes the other) of beer with your intial setup. We change all little 8 boozy bottles for Bud Lite.

We have ordered and received cranberry juice several times Just have to write it down on the breakfast card.

You re right. Funny we got an invite in our cabin as an elite but nothing when we had a suite

The wine tasting is also suppose to be a perk for the suites But on the last two cruises we did not get any invite to it.

You can call room service for a very quick exchange upon boarding. You may exchange any alcoholic beverage for another type & anything for non-alcoholic drinks. I agree that you don't get a similar value by exchanging a set up for a bottle of wine. You could order several glasses of OJ to be delivered with breakfast & store them in the mini-fridge in every cabin.

As I recall, we received an invitation card to the Grapevine tasting. I don't have the setup list but sure that someone will post it. :)

I never could get hold of room service until after muster.

I never could get hold of room service until after muster.

It probably varies from cruise to cruise or we've just been lucky. We are eligible for priority boarding & get onboard as soon as possible to get on the Chef's Table list. So maybe we catch them before it gets too busy because they have always shown up quickly since we qualified for the free minibar. And since we've never sailed in a full suite, I doubt if it has anything to do with the type of cabin booked.

The wine tasting is also suppose to be a perk for the suites But on the last two cruises we did not get any invite to it.

Is it? I've never seen it listed as a perk for suites. Could you direct me to where this is listed as a suite perk as have never recieved it when in a suite?

Thanks!

Archived