Another Cruiser Fell........

sail7seas

I'm seeking suggestions.

I've heard of another cruiser who fell and I'm so moved by reading about the kind CC'er who brought dinner to KK and her DH, I would like to do the same.

I don't know these people's likes /dislikes all that well but feel so bad for them, I'd like to help.

Any suggestions what you might bring a cruiser who has to cope with the pain and injury but also the sadness of missing their cruise?

I was thinking of roast chicken and potatoes, a meatloaf, maybe mac and cheese? What do you think?

Thanks.

I'm seeking suggestions.

I've heard of another cruiser who fell and I'm so moved by reading about the kind CC'er who brought dinner to KK and her DH, I would like to do the same.

I don't know these people's likes /dislikes all that well but feel so bad for them, I'd like to help.

Any suggestions what you might bring a cruiser who has to cope with the pain and injury but also the sadness of missing their cruise?

I was thinking of roast chicken and potatoes, a meatloaf, maybe mac and cheese? What do you think?

Thanks.

Oh Sail, that's sad for the cruiser and what a nice thing for you to do.

I would think roast chicken would be quite safe (most people like chicken in my experience).

I hope they weren't staying at the same hotel - if so, maybe it's jinxed and we should all avoid it ;)

Really, really nice of you. I know it will be appreciated:)

They are not CC'ers.

Thanks for the suggestions. She fell on ice. Never got to make the trip at all. We are just now starting to have some serious melting. Our streets and sidewalks have been coated with ice for weeks.

I'm seeking suggestions.

Thanks.

What a kind gesture that would be, and will be greatly appreciated.

The roast chicken and potatoes would be popular with most people.

I sometimes make meat meals in a casserole dish to take to people, then it can just be reheated in the oven or microwave.

Let us know what you decide.

Judy, that's so kind of you. I don't know of anyone who doesn't like roast chicken (unless they don't eat meat) and meatloaf and mac and cheese are comfort foods. Maybe add some chicken soup. You can't go wrong with any of those.

We still have ice here too. It's still dangerous walking on the streets.

I'd call her first and set up a good day for you to bring dinner and then ask if her preference would be roast chicken or meatloaf (or whatever you decide on as options). She may be inundated with food from neighbors, church and friends and certainly would appreciate having a choice of day and menu. That's the way it is here with my friends anyway.

Chicken and potatos is a good choice. I am pretty sure everyone enjoys.

I agree with the poster about casserole type meals that can just be heated and served . Those are a blessing for folks who are not able or just not up to cooking.

I agree that is a very nice gesture:)

I'm seeking suggestions.

Thanks.

I would recommend Casserole style dishes because they can be kept in the freezer and reheated easily.

Chicken Divan, baked ziti, lasagna, taco casserole, enchiladas, etc...

Joanie

I would agree to call and see what she would enjoy and if there are any no-no's before you start cooking. I would suggest thinking twice about chicken. 4 out of every 5 meals people brought us when my DH had surgery were chicken dishes and by the time he had fully recovered he thought he was growing feathers. We had a good laugh with a friend who brought us steaks and said she knew we were dying to get away from the chicken!!

When was their cruise scheduled?

While it's admirable that you want to bring something to comfort this person (friend? acquaintance?), I'm not sure I understand why this thread is here.

I am sure many of us know people whose cruising plans were changed last minute due to a catastrophe - a health issue, a death in the family, the loss of a job.

I have known several people who have had unhappy circumstances in their lives, which led them to have to cancel a long-awaited cruise. I never thought about starting a thread focusing on them or on any charitable gesture I or others might make.

Don't get me wrong - I am a compassionate person.

And I completely understand why there is a thread about KK and her accident and cruise cancellation -- she is someone deeply respected in the CC community, and we want to know about our friends here.

But I just don't "get" this thread. Maybe it belongs in cruise chit chat or something. It would make more sense.

... <snip> I'm not sure I understand why this thread is here. <snip> But I just don't "get" this thread. Maybe it belongs in cruise chit chat or something. It would make more sense.

I actually consider this site "cruise chit chat" and honestly ... it was a nice diversion from debating the meaning of "infamous." JMO

Sail, what a wonderful idea. I think a roast chicken and whatever you decide to add to it would be most appreciated.

We've just arrived home after spending a few extra days in Naples and it's so depressing...ice and dirty snow abound. Our granddaughter has a choral concert tonight and DH went...but I'm not leaving the house til the ice melts...not with recent hip surgery.

I actually consider this site "cruise chit chat" and honestly ... it was a nice diversion from debating the meaning of "infamous." JMO

However, this thread isn't cruise chit chat; it's food chit chat. It's not at all about cruising and very little if anything about any cruiser.

If you do casseroles, think about putting them in disposable aluminum pans. That way your friend doesn't have to worry about cleaning a dish and making sure it is returned to you. Also, if they are inundated with food from others, it makes it easier to pop it into the freezer for a later date.

I would recommend Casserole style dishes because they can be kept in the freezer and reheated easily.

Chicken Divan, baked ziti, lasagna, taco casserole, enchiladas, etc...

Joanie

Joanie,

These all sound delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there any chance you can add a recipe page to your HAL info pages?

LOL....

:D:D:D

I enjoy the HAL board immensely and consider the "chit chat" part of the fun.

None of us are obligated to read each and every thread, so if a thread isn't my "cup of tea," I just move along and read something else.

Archived