Jet Lag? Clamato?

"The time has come," the Walrus said,

"To talk of many things:

Of jets--and ships--and Clamato Juice

Of Caesars and of Kings

And why the sea is boiling hot--

And whether pigs have wings."

(with apolgies to Lewis Carroll)

Bob, love your write up and your numerous pics of your Feb Hawaiian trip. I did not see anything on the menus offered at the various dining rooms (not the specialty dining) for your cruise. Do you have them by any chance? If not, do you know where I can view them? I have the sample menus from Princess but not sure how representative they are with what you experienced on Golden. We are going 3/2 and now pulling our hair out trying to figure out which excursions to take since there are so many things to see.

I'm also surprised to see your ship stopped in Hilo first then Honolulu whereas on our 3/2 cruise, it says it'll stop in Honolulu first and Hilo last. Guessing it's up to the ship's captain and the weather to determine which port to stop in first.

Bob, love your write up and your numerous pics of your Feb Hawaiian trip. I did not see anything on the menus offered at the various dining rooms (not the specialty dining) for your cruise. Do you have them by any chance? If not, do you know where I can view them? I have the sample menus from Princess but not sure how representative they are with what you experienced on Golden. We are going 3/2 and now pulling our hair out trying to figure out which excursions to take since there are so many things to see.

I'm also surprised to see your ship stopped in Hilo first then Honolulu whereas on our 3/2 cruise, it says it'll stop in Honolulu first and Hilo last. Guessing it's up to the ship's captain and the weather to determine which port to stop in first.

Hmmmm, that change of itinerary is strange. Sorry, but I didn't't get any regular MDR menus.

Bob

I took photos of some of the menus on our Golden cruise in December. We didn't eat in the MDR about half of the time -- mostly because we had anytime dining this time (not my choice). I posted them in my review thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1345724&highlight=

This is a link to my food section (with the menus as well as our buffet plates) for the last cruise on my webshots page:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/579512866JEACRf

• 2 weeks later...
The problem with the outside deck for jogging is that you have to occasionally go up and down steps (to the 8th deck). Whenever we walked that deck (including the Walk on Deck for a cure)' date=' I found a heavy headwind at the bow.[/quote']On our sailing, that forward section of the Promenade was often closed due to high winds. You couldn't do a complete circle of the ship. Just a U .

Archived