Caviar at the Champagne Bar?

ldl05

Hi there!! Can anyone tell me if they have complimentary caviar at the Champagne Bar on the Allure? Thanks!!:D

Last spring on the Oasis they served us an appetizer with our drinks and one of the appetizers was a sort of toasted dry bread with caviar. Not a lot, but yes they did have some. I would assume the Allure would be the same.

• 2 years later...

Oasis had serve yourself caviar in the Champagne Bar a year ago, at 5:30. Mariner had it at 5:00 on the last 3 cruises we were on her this past year, last in March this year. Hope to see it again on Freedom in 4 weeks. I remember when some of the appetizers in the MDR offered caviar. That was probably seven or more years ago.

We had serve yourself caviar daily at about 5:30 in the Champagne Bar during our TA on Navigator in April this year. Yum:D.....probably our bar bill aboard was double because of this!:eek: I felt I needed to do some research on martinis so I had to try lots of them...:o....that's the beauty of a TA and all those sea days, right?

Judy

Oasis had serve yourself caviar in the Champagne Bar a year ago, at 5:30. Mariner had it at 5:00 on the last 3 cruises we were on her this past year, last in March this year. Hope to see it again on Freedom in 4 weeks. I remember when some of the appetizers in the MDR offered caviar. That was probably seven or more years ago.

Apparently last year while on board I was in the wrong place at 530... :-(

It always amazes me as to how we ran out of time to do all the things that we wanted to do on board; and the more I explore these boards, the more stuff I find out about! I guess it's time for a B2B on oasis...

Serve yourself on the Jewel Champagne Bar as well. We were just there in July.

Was that a Southern Caribbean itinerary? That's the itinerary we were on when we had it at Champagne Bar but we haven't seen it at any Champagne bar since then. Maybe it's a Southern Caribbean thing??

Thanks everyone. The responses so far have me convinced I'm just not looking in the right place at the right time. We'll ask the concierge onboard...pretty sure they'll have the low-down. :cool:

Go right to the source, stop by the Champagne Bar in the afternoon and ask the bartender there. He'll tell you if they are going to have it and what time it's put out each day. Enjoy!

Judy

• 4 weeks later...

Caviar in the Champagne Bar was always our pre-dinner ritual on Brilliance of the Seas 3 years agon on the Dubai Repo cruise.

I never thought it was real caviar, obviously for serving it free and also the consistency didn't feel quite right, when biting on it, the "bubbles" didn't pop. But I still liked it :-)

Recently, I discovered "Tangkorn" at IKEA, it's a vegetarian caviar replacement made from algae and it feels and tastes exactly like the stuff on Brilliance. :-) I'm pretty sure it is something like this...

Caviar in the Champagne Bar was always our pre-dinner ritual on Brilliance of the Seas 3 years agon on the Dubai Repo cruise.

I never thought it was real caviar, obviously for serving it free and also the consistency didn't feel quite right, when biting on it, the "bubbles" didn't pop. But I still liked it :-)

Recently, I discovered "Tangkorn" at IKEA, it's a vegetarian caviar replacement made from algae and it feels and tastes exactly like the stuff on Brilliance. :-) I'm pretty sure it is something like this...[/quote

I was going to ask if they use real Caviar for self serve so thanks for your post.

Recently, I discovered "Tangkorn" at IKEA, it's a vegetarian caviar replacement made from algae and it feels and tastes exactly like the stuff on Brilliance. :-) I'm pretty sure it is something like this...

Hope they sell this in the Ikeas over here, thanks for this :)

I just got off the Oasis on Saturday and we were in the Champagne Bar around 5:30 before our last dinner.

They had small canapes of salmon mousse, shrimp on toast, and caviar on ice with typical accompaniments like egg, onion, capers, etc on the side. They had small toasted baguettes rather than toast points.

It was lovely, especially when I found out I had a two glasses for the price of one on my card! No more coupon books.

I did notice the music being played (piped in jazz) was competing with lot of other sounds/music from other venues. Just be aware of that in advance and you'll have a great time.

When I had it on the Mariner, I don't believe it wasn't "real caviar" as in Beluga, Sevruga or other sturgeon eggs. That might be prohibitively expensive. But it was fish roe, I think it was probably lumpfish. People call it caviar, it's not as delicately flavored but it was still really good and I appreciated that they had it for us.

When I had it on the Mariner, I don't believe it wasn't "real caviar" as in Beluga, Sevruga or other sturgeon eggs. That might be prohibitively expensive. But it was fish roe

On Jewel last October they had it out every night about 5pm or so, consensus was that it was bluegill/sunfish eggs:D

Archived