Upgrade & Tips

I always prepay tips & our upcoming cruise is paid in full. What happens if we're upgraded to a Suite? Will they add the additional tips to our SeaPass or just expect us to add the extra cash?

I'm really not expecting an upgrade but I am curious how the higher tips are handled under these circumstances.

On the occassions when I have been upgraded to a suite, and my tips have been prepaid, I have never had extra tips added to my account. However I have always paid the extra amount in cash direct to my attendant, as well as any normal tip. :)

I always prepay tips & our upcoming cruise is paid in full. What happens if we're upgraded to a Suite? Will they add the additional tips to our SeaPass or just expect us to add the extra cash?

I'm really not expecting an upgrade but I am curious how the higher tips are handled under these circumstances.

I've been upgraded just once,from a JS to GS. My tips had been prepaid. When they called about the upgrade the rep said the only additional charge would be the extra amount for tips. I just put it on my credit card. If tips aren't prepaid, you just pay the higher amount when the time comes.

I think it depends on how you booked the cruise. Our TA was paying for our tips but when we got upgraded they did not pay them... simply sent us a check for the amount of the original tips.

very unlikely you'll get any upgrade let along a suite. Nothing to worry about

Well, if I got a FREE upgrade to a suite the last thing I'd be worried about is the $2.50 per person, per day increase in the gratuity. Not sure how that is handled, but will it really make that big a difference in your budget? I know it's a friendly "curious" question, but really? :rolleyes:

On the occassions when I have been upgraded to a suite, and my tips have been prepaid, I have never had extra tips added to my account. However I have always paid the extra amount in cash direct to my attendant, as well as any normal tip. :)

That's what happened to us the one and only time we were upgraded (to a GS:D) We had prepaid the tips so after we got on board went to guess services and asked them to add the required additional amount to our sea pass account. We were told they could not do that, so we had to add the difference in cash to the envelope, plus the extra cash we normally add when the service is really good (which is most of the time).

Don't put the cart before the horse....upgrades are quite rare!

WOW.......having a bad day? You would be the last person that I would have expected an answer like this.:)

It's an honest question, and anyone that has prepaid their tips, and have been moved up to a suite, normally would be asked to pay the difference.

For a 7 day trip........and this is only a guess.....would be if there are two in a suite....the difference is about $5.00 per day total......so an extra $35.00 maximum. I'm probably high, so that would be a "do not exceed" number.

Rick

Well, if I got a FREE upgrade to a suite the last thing I'd be worried about is the $2.50 per person, per day increase in the gratuity. Not sure how that is handled, but will it really make that big a difference in your budget? I know it's a friendly "curious" question, but really? :rolleyes:

Please re-read the original post.

Having pre-paid her tips, she was merely asking whether she should expect them to charge her the additional amount AUTOMATICALLY, or if she should expect to add the difference in cash?

She certainly doesn't sound like she is trying to avoid paying! :rolleyes:

WOW.......having a bad day? You would be the last person that I would have expected an answer like this.:)

It's an honest question, and anyone that has prepaid their tips, and have been moved up to a suite, normally would be asked to pay the difference.

For a 7 day trip........and this is only a guess.....would be if there are two in a suite....the difference is about $5.00 per day total......so an extra $35.00 maximum. I'm probably high, so that would be a "do not exceed" number.

Rick

Heck I'd pay more than $35 for an upgrade...especially since so far in suites I have always had really good service....

Last cruise the guy servicing my cabin I think also had a couple of suites...he was fantastic always greeting me/any other passenger he saw when they entered the hall if he was in it. That level of personal greeting is great during the day...would be afraid he may upset some if he did the same during sleeping hours.

Please re-read the original post.

Having pre-paid her tips, she was merely asking whether she should expect them to charge her the additional amount AUTOMATICALLY, or if she should expect to add the difference in cash?

She certainly doesn't sound like she is trying to avoid paying! :rolleyes:

And to answer her question, and yours.......we always prepay our tips, and when we have been upgraded to a suite (we played that game 2 years ago for 6 months) we were always asked to add the prepayment at the time of the upgrade.

Rick

Archived