Mariner west coast regulars, where are you now?

SRAFROG

Barbara, I was on your September 26th cruise.........the one where a fellow CCer celebrated his 100th cruise........(Starts with Rubr...ends with rick...)

(Did I just miss Pat and Desi by a few weeks????:()

I share your concern about flying, that is why I cruise...even though I will be flying to Florida in November.:eek:

I have, for the time being, defected to Princess, and will be sailing with them for my next 4 cruises.

Maybe I can catch Mariner in Galveston one day. I do love that ship.

Just wondering what everyone is doing now that our Mariner has left the west coast.

Hi Barbara (and Claude) :) Our next cruise will be with both of you on the Radiance from Tampa to San Diego. We're having big time cruise withdrawal and just might have to book a quick fix with the competition. Let's hope RCI reconsiders the West Coast market and gives us a ship with a So. Cal departure port.

Enjoy your upcoming cruises and we'll see you in April. :)

Capt. Per, as a sailor, enjoyed the Around the Horn cruise as much as we all did. It was also a first for him. He also has his family on board and that made it all the more special. Mariner is certainly in good hands with him. Sorry you all on the west coast had to sea her, and him, go.

Rick and Deirdra

I confess that I'm not missing Mariner, but I am missing the RCI product on the Left Coast. We've been booking the competition - although we'll be on Liberty, Rhapsody and Jewel this year, it'll be a 5-year low in terms of the number of RCI cruises we'll be taking. We'll also be on Carnival, Princess and HAL. Celebrity next year.

An era has ended on the Left Coast. I imagine that RCI will return to us eventually. We'll see how much we care by the time they do.

Hi Barbara! Well, we do miss 'our' Mariner out here! Really miss all the wonderful people we met on our 3 West Coast Mariner sailings...

Like most, we're not looking foreword to flying all over the county to cruise. We don't have a cruise planned for 2011 & I'm going through major withdrawals because of it. I am looking at cruises for 2012. My sister in law & I are trying to plan a mother/daughter cruise, possibly on Allure or Oasis. Voyager out of NOLA is also on our short list as is Mariner out of Galveston. But then again, would love to do another Pacific Coastal if we can still find one in 2012.

Toying with the thought of trying another cruise line. Kind of hate to do it but may have to if we loose too many more RCCL ships to Europe:(

Sure miss Mariner................

Aunursa, we were on that Radiance cruise with you in November '09. With RCL abandoning us here on the west coast we have turned to other cruise lines for our coastals. Unless they come up with some better itineraries (and hopefully another ship here in CA) we won't be sailing with them. Which makes me sad because I love their ships and we are Diamond and enjoy the small perks.

Yes, that was one of our most enjoyable cruises. I still keep in contact with several of our fellow passengers.

I was fortunate to get a good deal on airfare for our Thanksgiving cruise out of Galveston; otherwise it would have been problematic. Hopefully RCI will return to the West Coast.

Hi Carol and Andy! :D We are 2 weeks on Serenade in May and have the Australia to Hawaii cruise booked for next year. As much as I would like to have a ship for West Coast departures....we've done the Mexican Riviera and SoCal so many times,:rolleyes: that we have never really limited our cruising to just the West Coast. Pacific Northwest and Canada would be okay. I know you don't like the hot weather Carol....but we really do when we're on vacation.

We should have dinner again. :D We went out to dinner with our Panama Canal cruise critic friends this past Saturday. They live in Oakley, but we hadn't gotten together for 2 years.

~Patti :)

After sailing Mariner two years ago on one of the the famous "Pacific Northwest Riviera" cruises and then finally making it to the Mexican Riviera last summer, I must say we are very sad she is gone. I hope the RCI finds a way to at least put one ship permanently on the west coast soon but I am not optimistic.

Not too thrilled about flying to port but we will be heading to Fort Lauderdale in May and doing a B2B on Oasis. We figured that 1) If we are flying all that way we might as well stay a while and 2) It might take 2 weeks to see all there is to see on Oasis.

Thinking about trying other cruise lines where we don't need to fly, especially with retirement plans looming. Then we hope to be able to do more than just a couple of cruises each year.:D

Hey Barbara

Mike of Mike and Bill here from Huntington Beach. Talk to you most nights in the CL last May on the Mariner. We were the ones that gave you the PV pin you said you would ware every Thursday as the ship was in port.

So happy to see you traveling by air. If you can do this more often, then hopefully one day you can make it on some of the TA's that sail every year.

For us....we fly so it is off to Florida to still do RCL ...doing some of the weekend cruises on the Carnival Paradise....just a couple miles from where you live and then we head to Spain in late October to do the 15 day Liberty TA...Got a steal on this cruise.....less then 750.00 pp for a B-1 Balcony...plus on top of that we get 200.00 OBC and the CL everynight....should be a lot of fun. Hopefully we can all get together one day on another West Coast RCL cruise. Love how there are rumors already that RCL is having trouble selling the ships in Europe...is this not one of the reasons they are shuffling all of the ships...and yes I know about the violence in Mexico.....

Have fun on you future cruises,

Tell Claude hello from both of us.

Mike

Hey Patti, good to see you on the boards! Yes, we should get together for dinner. You can email me at cjhyde23@gmail.com.

We don't limit ourselves to West Coast cruises (we did a Transatlantic this past September) but it's nice to have them for a quick little cruise fix. Even though we have to fly to get to the ports here, at least we don't change time zones and have to deal with that.

Hi Barbara!

Dion and I will be just missing you in May as you get off Radiance in San Diego. We'll be getting on for the 5 day trip to Vancouver before drydock. Then in October we're taking Jewel on the Repo from Boston to Tampa and then staying on for the next cruise, a 5 day to the other side of Mexico. Figured if we're flying across country we might as well make the most of it!

You'll enjoy the canal trip. I've been through there many times and it is still fascinating. And of course I'm very happy you'll be on Radiance for 60+ days. As for flying, just put a drink in front of you and you'll be fine! Please give our best to Claude and tell him to take good care of you!

Waiting for the calendar to come out for the remainder of 2012. Looking to see the schedules for Enchantment and/or Explorer. I have a close friend that lives in Bermuda and we want to hook up with him if possible.

Other than that, things here are quiet... thank goodness!

Take care,

Teri (and Dion)

Hello to Mike and Bill.

I actually did wear the PV pin when we went there.

We are going on the Panama Canal cruise in April

but it stops only in Acapulco (we arent getting off

there, too many tourists getting the the way of

drug deals gone bad) and Cabo. We will get off

in Cabo.

Jean, sorry you didnt like Mariner. I thought she

was a great ship.

How many of us west coast regulars are going to

Galveston when Mariner returns. We have a B2B

in later November, early December booked already.

Maybe this could be a reunion cruise????

Barbara, while I love the crew on Mariner, Galveston is our least favorite port of embarkation. It's just not an easy port for fly-in cruisers. As long as Voyager is in New Orleans, I don't see us going to Galveston.

Bob

I live four hours north of Long Beach Ports/San Pedro port areas...I was very lucky to sail on the Mariner when she was here...our ports of call were deplorable...never again will we set for along Mexico'sPacific Coast. We did that cruise once and will never do it again...

We are flying to Port Canaveral to set sail on the Freedom...where we will fly to next to catch a RCCL ship who knows...We have flown to Puerto Rico for the Adventure and Vancouver for the Serenade both ships were AWESOME.

Angela

Hey Barb! I hope all is well with you? You will do fine on the flights to and from your cruise. I'm sure that Claude will call you down...either that or he will kick in the butt. :) You will do just fine. I have faith in you. I'm still struggling with another cruise. Tell Claude I said HEELLLLLLOOOOO! Barb...don't ever change, keep the humor and keep the bat ears. :) I'll give you a call later.

Hey Patti, good to see you on the boards! Yes, we should get together for dinner.

We don't limit ourselves to West Coast cruises (we did a Transatlantic this past September) but it's nice to have them for a quick little cruise fix. Even though we have to fly to get to the ports here, at least we don't change time zones and have to deal with that.

Hi Carol. I will write next week. I think we want to stay home this weekend....and see if it actually might snow! :D:D

We want to hear all about your TA and compare notes! ~Patti :)

I live four hours north of Long Beach Ports/San Pedro port areas...I was very lucky to sail on the Mariner when she was here...our ports of call were deplorable...never again will we set for along Mexico'sPacific Coast. We did that cruise once and will never do it again...

We are flying to Port Canaveral to set sail on the Freedom...where we will fly to next to catch a RCCL ship who knows...We have flown to Puerto Rico for the Adventure and Vancouver for the Serenade both ships were AWESOME.

Angela

Why? I have had fun on all of my MR cruises!

Hi Barbara,

Mark and I are going on Allure this Sun. (2/27/11). We fly into Fort Lauderdale on Sat. (2/26/11) from San Francisco. Sat. the weather forecastin San Francisco is for possible snow at sea level. I just hope the weatherman is wrong because i hate flying too.

We miss you and Claude and crusing on the Mariner with you guys. Tell Claude hi from Mark and Sharon and thank him again for the Mariner cyrstal block. I have it on our fireplace mantle. Hope to cruise with you guys again real soon.

Mark and Sharon

Hi Carol and Andy! :D We are 2 weeks on Serenade in May and have the Australia to Hawaii cruise booked for next year. As much as I would like to have a ship for West Coast departures....we've done the Mexican Riviera and SoCal so many times,:rolleyes: that we have never really limited our cruising to just the West Coast. Pacific Northwest and Canada would be okay. I know you don't like the hot weather Carol....but we really do when we're on vacation.

We should have dinner again. :D We went out to dinner with our Panama Canal cruise critic friends this past Saturday. They live in Oakley, but we hadn't gotten together for 2 years.

~Patti :)

Hi Patti, We would love to get together for dinner again. Email me.

I have it copied Andy, you can delete it. I will write next week....maybe next Friday evening? I am anxious to see if the weather people will be right, or disappointed, and see if we have snow this weekend. :D Tony Romas again or maybe Texas Roadhouse this time? ~Patti :)

How many of us west coast regulars are going to Galveston when Mariner returns. We have a B2B in later November, early December booked already.

Maybe this could be a reunion cruise????

If you're on the November 20 sailing, come join our M&M thread. :D

(If not, you can wave to me as I disembark the ship. :( )

I have it copied Andy, you can delete it. I will write next week....maybe next Friday evening? I am anxious to see if the weather people will be right, or disappointed, and see if we have snow this weekend. :D Tony Romas again or maybe Texas Roadhouse this time? ~Patti :)

Sure, either TR restaurant is fine. Can't do it next Friday though, 'cause it's my DD's birthday.

A very happy upcoming birthday to your very darling daughter. :D If it's going to be cold this weekend as they anticipate. I'll email and maybe we can settle on a day and location. We really look forward to seeing you again! :D:):D

Angela

What did you find deplorable about the ports? I've always enjoyed the itinerary...

Archived