Did NOT get my FCCs while on board - this new process is a mess

califgary

Got em!! - right after I spoke with the customer service person (she took my Credit Card info again) - the emails came in and now ive just checked and the FCCs are in my account. What an ordeal! I havnt worked this hard trying to get someone to take my money in long time!

An interesting note, the email was signed by the future cruise consultant on Sapphire - named Wyndie!

Also since my email address is the same as my nickname on here, she asked me if i was the same califgary on cruisecritic so they do read these things!!

While you are always sorry to hear of someone loosing their job, Brian was probably the most disinterested Princess employee I have ever met.

Re: above - Amen!

Just spoke to Christie and mine have been resolved. She was off yesterday too and is now working on her list. When I asked how many she had she said 19. So if you got through to her voice mail, she should be contacting you.

Just off the phone with Chrysti at Princess..she apologized for all the problems and took care of our FCC...now we each have 2 and we can plan where we want to go next. Thank you all

for the advice, encouragement, and support to get this issue resolved. Amazing what happens when enough people get on a problem. Too bad other issues do not got resolved this way!

I just got a call from Christie who assured me that I would get my credits.She said there was a situation on the Sapphire and to give her a week to get the credits issued.She said she could do another one know but I might get doubled billed. Hopefully you will get a call or e-mail confirming your credits.She was aware of others having the same problem .Tiecrane

Heard earlier from Christie and I know have my credits.Thanks Christie

See what happens when enough people complain? You made Princess well enough aware of the poblems and it seems the problem was resolved - they just need someone who knows or cares about doing their job the right way.

Hope that we hear from future Sapphire cruisers that they are getting their FCC's credited before they get off the ship.

Glad we all worked together in this matter!!

Still waiting for them to resolve my issue. I have called twice and received the same response both times. Wait two weeks and then call back if they have not been applied. I will call again when I get home from work and will continue to call everyday until I see the confirmation.

Still waiting for them to resolve my issue. I have called twice and received the same response both times. Wait two weeks and then call back if they have not been applied. I will call again when I get home from work and will continue to call everyday until I see the confirmation.

If you havnt already, make sure to ask for Chrystie she is the one facilitating this issue - they can transfer you to at least her voice mail.

Vicki...we missed you at the Meet and Greet..great turn out of Sapphire Princess crew and Cruise Critic members...

Being that we are from New York and we have been inundated with snow this year, I was sucking up every ounce of sun that I could. I was at the pool when my DH said it is time for the meet and greet. I just could not pull myself away. Lol As it happend to be we have snow again today. Woke up to about 7 inches.

If you havnt already, make sure to ask for Chrystie she is the one facilitating this issue - they can transfer you to at least her voice mail.

Christie called me yesterday afternoon and all four of our FCC has been applied. THANK-YOU CHRISTIE FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!! ;););)

I have even one more tale... In August on the Crown in Europe \, we did'nt recieve a hard copy or and email while onboard, but they did show up on my Princess account while still onboard, but (here's the kicker) about 2 weeks after the cruise we recieved the paper copy's in the mail at home.

At least for us that was a first.

Srpilo

We're just off the Sapphire Princess and on the second-last day of the cruise I bought my first ever FCCs on board....or so I think!

When I went to the FCC desk, there was a sign saying that Brian had left the ship "due to a family emergency."

I filled out my form and put it in the drop box anyway...will Princess send me something in the mail? So far, there's nothing on my Personalizer site. How long should I wait?

LidoLiz

We're just off the Sapphire Princess and on the second-last day of the cruise I bought my first ever FCCs on board....or so I think!

When I went to the FCC desk, there was a sign saying that Brian had left the ship "due to a family emergency."

I filled out my form and put it in the drop box anyway...will Princess send me something in the mail? So far, there's nothing on my Personalizer site. How long should I wait?

LidoLiz

I would probably wait a week or so. Since the Sapphire docks in LA - I bet the forms were transferred to the main office to be dealt with. Or, whoever is taking over will have a bunch to deal with plus the new sailing. I am sure it will be taken care of.

I am currently cruising on the Sapphire and the problem has been resolved, I hope. Last week there was no cruise consultant (just forms to fill in) but now there is a charming chap called Ray from the north of England - I booked a cruise with him yesterday and bought an FCC, and he was very pleasant, well informed and efficient. He said that all my paperwork would be delivered to my cabin shortly so we wait and see!

I guess Brian was not the man for the job?

I have even one more tale... In August on the Crown in Europe \, we did'nt recieve a hard copy or and email while onboard, but they did show up on my Princess account while still onboard, but (here's the kicker) about 2 weeks after the cruise we recieved the paper copy's in the mail at home.

At least for us that was a first.

Srpilo

Hopefully you didn't use your online minutes to check your Princess account because you can go directly to Princess' site for free. They say not to use it when it's crowded but by doing this on my recent cruise I found another cruise & booked it. Someone said they use the free Princess site's access to see how the connection is at that time before using their paid minutes with a slow connection.

I am not understanding the benefits of the FCC. It seems like it is a much better deal to wait and buy the cruise through some other channel. Recently, I purchased an Alaskan cruise on the Sapphire through Travelocity. We are getting a $75 on board credit from I think Travelocity. We are getting an additional $500 on board credit because we used American Express to pay for the booking. (Tiered based on the total cost) I checked the prices at princess.com and they were identical, but no OBC.

So what is the reason someone would want to buy the future cruise on the ship when there is all these other deals available on the web?

I am not understanding the benefits of the FCC. It seems like it is a much better deal to wait and buy the cruise through some other channel. Recently, I purchased an Alaskan cruise on the Sapphire through Travelocity. We are getting a $75 on board credit from I think Travelocity. We are getting an additional $500 on board credit because we used American Express to pay for the booking. (Tiered based on the total cost) I checked the prices at princess.com and they were identical, but no OBC.

So what is the reason someone would want to buy the future cruise on the ship when there is all these other deals available on the web?

You do not need to book a cruise on the ship. You buy the fcc which will be used as your down payment on any cruise you book from any agent you want at anytime you want within a 4 year period. So by using a FCC you do not have to put a large down payment and will receive an OBC from $25 - $150 per person depending on the room category and length of cruise in addition to all other discounts, OBC you receive from other sources. You do not have to book the cruise through Princess.

LidoLiz

I was on this same sailing with Liz and just got my FCC confirmation email this morning as well as the charge on my credit card. The letter was from "Raymond....Future Cruise Sales, Sapphire Princess" .

BTW: on our Feb 19th Sapphire sailing, Alan Buckelew was reported to be with us........service was impeccable :D

Andi

If you had a FCC for your Alaska cruise, you would have received the $75 and the $500 OBC from your other sources. But you would also have received an additional OBC from Princess, between $25 and $150 per person, depending on cruise length and category booked. You don't need to book the cruise onboard. You can use any travel agent, and you have 4 years to book it.

I was on this same sailing with Liz and just got my FCC confirmation email this morning as well as the charge on my credit card. The letter was from "Raymond....Future Cruise Sales, Sapphire Princess" .

BTW: on our Feb 19th Sapphire sailing, Alan Buckelew was reported to be with us........service was impeccable :D

Andi

Hi Andi:

I also just got my confirmation today from Raymond. I was a bit worried after reading this thread, but it sounds like the issue has been resolved!

LidoLiz

For example, you book a 2-week cruise and the cost per-person is $3,000. I forget what percentage you now have to pay as a deposit but let's say it's 20% or $600. You could book that cruise with an FCC for which you paid only $100 and you'll get an OBC of $150 automatically and in addition to any other OBC you get from a TA, credit card company or whatever; that's a pretty good return on your money. Not only that but there are some good TAs out there who will get you a discount on your cruise. Perhaps as much as 15-20%. That means that not only are you getting $150 OBC but potentially paying $2,400/pp instead of $3,000.

Archived