FCC Question

Michelle19

We purchased FCC's while on the Grand last October, and the confirmation we received onboard indicated an expiration/sail by date that was 4 years from the date the onboard consultant processed our deposit.

Others have posted that they have been able to get an extension of the time to sail by calling Princess.

If you're the only one with the FCC, then it would only apply to you. You'd still have to pay the regular deposit for your husband.

Correct me if I am wrong but my understanding is that if you only have one FCC the second person still only pays $100 deposit but gets no OBC.

Ohhhh Ok, got it.. So basically, it's much better for each of us (DH) to pay the $100.00 for FCC's? So, when I see people complain about doing it the 1st night on board, but not recieveing it until the last day, they were just waiting on a voucher showing up in thier cabin right? That is where I got confused I think. (not hard to do! :eek:)

Ohhhh Ok, got it.. So basically, it's much better for each of us (DH) to pay the $100.00 for FCC's? So, when I see people complain about doing it the 1st night on board, but not recieveing it until the last day, they were just waiting on a voucher showing up in thier cabin right? That is where I got confused I think. (not hard to do! :eek:)

You do want to have one FCC for you and one for DH for each cruise you plan to bbok before your next Princess cruise.

not always a win win, maybe for you in the US but not in the UK. i have booked a further cruise but Princess will not honour our FCC as they say we got a "good Deal" on our booking. i am very annoyed as in my view the deposit is nothing to do with the price you pay for the cruise but Princess wont budge.

Catherine, I would challenge that with Princess. It doesn't matter what "deal" you get. It has nothing to do with the FCC's. They do give out duff information sometimes. On our last cruise, we didn't know about us Brits having to pay a deposit. Previously, we completed the form and were given an "open booking" reference number. As we still had two outstanding open bookings, I was reluctant to pay a further deposit for a new FCC. But the "Future Cruise Consultant"!! assured me that all previous open bookings were cancelled, so I paid up. When I got back to the UK, I emailed Princess to aske about the previous open bookings and I was told they were still valid! So stand your ground!

• 3 weeks later...
We bought Future Cruise Certificates about 1 1/2 years ago and doubt we will use them. I believe they were refundable; does anyone know for sure?

Yes, an FCC is refundable. They are good for 4 years. If you don't use them and haven't gotten a refund, Princess will refund them automaticly when they expire.

Pam, in my Personalizer it has my FCC listed with a 'sail by' date, not a 'book by' date. Is that something new on (er...absent from?) the FCC confirmations?

Not "new", but recent. My FCC letter dated February 2010 states "Sail By Date". I also have an FCC letter dated September 2008 that states "The credit is valid for four years from the date of issue".

Catherine, I would challenge that with Princess. It doesn't matter what "deal" you get. It has nothing to do with the FCC's. They do give out duff information sometimes. On our last cruise, we didn't know about us Brits having to pay a deposit. Previously, we completed the form and were given an "open booking" reference number. As we still had two outstanding open bookings, I was reluctant to pay a further deposit for a new FCC. But the "Future Cruise Consultant"!! assured me that all previous open bookings were cancelled, so I paid up. When I got back to the UK, I emailed Princess to aske about the previous open bookings and I was told they were still valid! So stand your ground!

Thank you. i will challenge Princess on this as the way it stands at present we have to pay a higher price for a cruise if we want to use out FCC.

Pretty much if they are waiting for a certificate to show up in their cabin they are going to be disappointed. They used to do that, but now they email you confirmation - we haven't received anything on the ship the last three cruises.

Pretty much if they are waiting for a certificate to show up in their cabin they are going to be disappointed. They used to do that, but now they email you confirmation - we haven't received anything on the ship the last three cruises.

We just bought FCC on the Crown a couple weeks ago and we both got a letter in the cabin stating they charged our credit card and telling us to contact our travel agent or princess to book our next cruise. It has a sail by date on it as well.

Sorry Iain, are we talking about FCC or OBC here. If it's FCC then you would already have used it for the deposit on the cruise. The OBC should be shown as OBC on your Princess confirmation/invoice.

I think the biggest benefit to the FCCs is that they are no-risk bookings. Even if you are unsure about taking a certain cruise, it makes sense to book it and choose the cabin you want and wait for all price drops along the way. If the price before final payment seems too high, you just cancel. The extra $100 in onboard credit is nice too.

I think the biggest benefit to the FCCs is that they are no-risk bookings. Even if you are unsure about taking a certain cruise, it makes sense to book it and choose the cabin you want and wait for all price drops along the way. If the price before final payment seems too high, you just cancel. The extra $100 in onboard credit is nice too.

Yes, you guys in the USA can cancel if the price is too high. We have different booking conditions in the UK. If we cancel, we lose our deposits.

We just purchased FCC while onboard our Panama Canal sailing on Coral and received both a letter onboard and also an email when we returned home.:)

Sorry Hansi I mean the OBC that comes with the Fcc that I paid. I did indeed get the FCC deposit (£75 per person) allowed, but hoped that I would see the OBC ($75 per person on the 10 day inside I just booked) showing somewhere. Apologies for lack of clarity.

Iain

Are FCC's "transferable"?

We used our FCC's to book a cruise which we now have to cancel but we wish to "transfer" the FCC to another booking...is this possible?

Thanks in advance for any info you can share with us concerning the above question.

Pat :)

Are FCC's "transferable"?

We used our FCC's to book a cruise which we now have to cancel but we wish to "transfer" the FCC to another booking...is this possible?

Thanks in advance for any info you can share with us concerning the above question.

Pat :)

Yes you can. I just did it a few months ago. I booked a Mexican Riviera cruise then decided to cancel it - then booked a California Coastal using the same FCCs.

Archived