FCC Question

Michelle19

not always a win win, maybe for you in the US but not in the UK. i have booked a further cruise but Princess will not honour our FCC as they say we got a "good Deal" on our booking. i am very annoyed as in my view the deposit is nothing to do with the price you pay for the cruise but Princess wont budge.

I have had a simlar experience re FCC.

I'm so glad this post was at the top of page 1 on this forum...I was just coming in here to ask about FCCs. Thanks to all who explained them, as that was my first question, not really being sure how they worked.

So here's my 2nd question. We are sailing on the CB in May (hubby and I) and we might be doing a family cruise with Princess in February 2011. MIL would be booking that cruise for us as a group, as she's sailed with Princess way more than the rest of us and would should (hopefully!) be able to get better rates for the group. If hubby and I purchase FCCs on our cruise in May, will we be able to apply them to the cost of our cruise if we decide to do our family cruise next February? Also, where do we go on the ship to purchase FCCs?

So here's my 2nd question. We are sailing on the CB in May (hubby and I) and we might be doing a family cruise with Princess in February 2011. MIL would be booking that cruise for us as a group, as she's sailed with Princess way more than the rest of us and would should (hopefully!) be able to get better rates for the group. If hubby and I purchase FCCs on our cruise in May, will we be able to apply them to the cost of our cruise if we decide to do our family cruise next February? Also, where do we go on the ship to purchase FCCs?

a) Yes, if you purchase FCCs they can be appled to your family cruise. Just be sure the eprson who is doing the booking knows your Captain's Circle number and lets the person they are booking with know that you have FCCs to apply.

b) You purchase the FCCs are the Future Cruise Sales desk which is probably located in the atrium on deck 5. You do not to actually have to see the sales consultant during the hours he/she is there as there will be forms there you can fill out and put in a box located in that area. Just be sure to indicate that you want FCCs in both of your names as they can only be used by the person named on the form.

By the way, the cost of the FCCs will not be put onto your onboard account. Instead, they will normally be charged to the credit card you used when you checked in for the cruise.

MIL would be booking that cruise for us as a group, as she's sailed with Princess way more than the rest of us and would should (hopefully!) be able to get better rates for the group.

You might want to check on that. We have found (more than once) that we, as Captains Circle Elite members get higher prices than a friend with just one Princess cruise. Princess knows we're hooked; they're still trying to get our friend's business.

You might want to check on that. We have found (more than once) that we, as Captains Circle Elite members get higher prices than a friend with just one Princess cruise. Princess knows we're hooked; they're still trying to get our friend's business.

Actually we, who are Platinum Capt's Circle, got a better price than my sister, who had done one Princess cruise, could get for our last cruise. There are special offers than go out to Capt's Club members and it maybe that not all members get these at the same time.

There are special offers than go out to Capt's Club members and it maybe that not all members get these at the same time.

That is absolutely the case. That's why there are times that Elite members get better pricing than Gold, and vice versa. But it is definitely not always advantageous to be one or the other. And the more expensive past passenger fare can still be less than a new passenger fare, but not always. It is never more (that I've seen).

Archived