How far in advance should I buy?

klees4lh

My fiance and I are going on our first cruise in August 2011. We're going to take the Enchantment of the Seas cruise out of Baltimore that travels to the Eastern Caribbean, leaving on August 25th. So far, I haven't seen any sales for this cruise, and I'm wondering how far out I should book our inside cabin. Should we reserve now, or wait for a couple of months in the hope that the cruise will decrease in price? Thanks in advance for your advice!

YOU CAN PURCHASE YOUR CRUISE NOW.But keep checking the price and if there is a price drop call RCCL.They will give you credit.After I book I am always checking the price and looking for the price drop.They may not give the drop if the final payment has been made.

I'd buy now. Summer prices tend to go up, tho' maybe not that late in Aug. You can get price drops until final payment, if there are any. After final payment, you cannot get the lower price. But you may upgrade your cabin if better catagories are avialable for what you paid for your original cabin.

Book it now! You are getting close to the 6 month window. Your cabin selections will get fewer and fewer. Go ahead and book the balcony. You won't regret it. Remember everything must be paid 70 days before departure, except excursions. So you really don't have much time.

Have a great cruise experience. jdc2204

Late August is not a popular time because most kids here have to go back to school by then. The prices look pretty good right now for that cruise.

If you don't need airfare and you are booking a double, you can book now and see how the rest of the cruise sells. Then, if there is still a lot of availability and the prices are still low as it gets close to final, you can cancel before final and then book something when you see a deal.

If you have to get airfare, if you need a triple or quad, or want a specific room, you have less choices as time goes by.

YOU CAN PURCHASE YOUR CRUISE NOW.But keep checking the price and if there is a price drop call RCCL.They will give you credit.After I book I am always checking the price and looking for the price drop.They may not give the drop if the final payment has been made.

If the cruise is in August, final payment isnt that far away.

If you really want to go a certain date, Id buy now if the prices look ok, otherwise, for me, Id wait for the Tuesday sales and hope to find a date I could go. Those prices are usually very good and you cant price match to them even if it is before final payment.

Definitely book now. Cabin selections will only get worse if you wait. I like an inside cabin, mid ship, lower deck, and cabins above and below me (it's quieter). Final payment will be around the first or second week in June. You can always cancel before final payment date for a full refund. Enjoy your 9-day cruise.

Archived