Carnival Triumph Move to GAL/Dry Dock

Fighterone

We were excited to hear that Triumph is moving to Galveston October 5, 2011 and booked a five day on October 15th.

I read that she will go into dry dock right before this.

Does anyone know what major remodeling changes she will undergo other than the usual refurbishishings of changing carpets and painting?

Thanks for the info

Too short to do anything major

Maintenance Schedule

Drydock: 9/30/00-10/14/00

Drydock: 10/14/02-10/23/02

Drydock: 10/23/05-11/12/05

Drydock: 9/21/08-10/04/08

Drydock: 9/22/11-10/05/11

Im hoping/guessing she will get Mongolian BBQ at the very least and as she has fewer food choices than almost any other ship Iv been on.

Im hoping/guessing she will get Mongolian BBQ at the very least and as she has fewer food choices than almost any other ship Iv been on.

I thought the standard drydock time was 2 weeks? 9/22 to 10/5 IS two weeks! so why do you say too short?

The Mongolian BBQ like they have on Ecstasy would be great, instead of that Hong Kong Noodle Company. Lines can be pretty long here though. They could add more woks and cooks during the busy time.

Was reading a review of a recent Triumph cruiser and the gal said that by the time she got to eat her noodles after a long wait at the buffet line to add other items to them, the noodles were cold.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I will be on her in December, someone posted this on our roll call a little while ago -

Dry dock info from John Heald's facebook

Details are slowly coming in on some of the dry dock info ( not Carnival Liberty - not yet ) and the Carnival Triumph will have Triumph will have a variety of things going on…of note is some updates to the dance club, lower level of the forward dining room will be converted to open seating with more tables for 2. More info on its way soon.

They are also saying they want to have a serenity deck on all the ships, so maybe she'll get one! Lord!! I hope so!!!

I hope so too! That'll be perfect since everyone keeps saying there will be a ton on kids running free on the ship over Christmas. This would give me a nice place to relax.

• 2 weeks later...
I really wish they would release more information...I wonder what the big secret is.

I agree with you flyingaggie, why the big secret? I can't find anything about the actual work being done on this ship and would really like to know since I just proposed that we all meet at the New World Bar which could no longer be if the Serenity Deck takes its place. :confused:

i would not count on any big changes in such a short dry dock. I see no effort to add serenity decks to all ships.. so I would not be expecting that. they do things like build new tables during dry dock, and john said more any time and more tables for 2.. the waiters who stay on told me they build the tables.

I agree with you flyings, why the big secret? I can't find anything about the actual work being done on this ship and would really like to know since I just proposed that we all meet at the New World Bar which could no longer be if the Serenity Deck takes its place. :confused:

Everything is driven by marketing. Some month back Gerry Ca hill announced that Carnival will be cutting back on the number of new builds and concentrating on making some fairly dramatic changes as ships cycle through dry dock. Carnival can get more miles out of the dollars (excuse the term...) sunk into a dry dock by holding off on releasing information and making a (excuse the term...) splash with it.

We can see that coming up with the Liberty. They pulled John Heald off the Magic trans Atlantic to do videos on the Liberty during dry dock much like Princess did with the Grand Princess dry dock... Draws lots of press and attention!

:)

I read somewhere (STICTLY A RUMOR HOWEVER) that they would be making the current adults only area into the Serenity area. However, this is where the pizza is, as well as one of the burger stations so I don't see that happening, as it wouldn't be very "serene" lol.

My wish list would be to add the Mongolian Grill & a Serenity area somewhere. When we sailed her in October, there were many open deck areas above the Lido with TONS of seating (that was rarely being used) that could easily hold a Serenity area.

Everything is driven by marketing. Some month back Gerry Ca hill announced that Carnival will be cutting back on the number of new builds and concentrating on making some fairly dramatic changes as ships cycle through dry dock. Carnival can get more miles out of the dollars (excuse the term...) sunk into a dry dock by holding off on releasing information and making a (excuse the term...) splash with it.

We can see that coming up with the Liberty. They pulled John Heald off the Magic trans Atlantic to do videos on the Liberty during dry dock much like Princess did with the Grand Princess dry dock... Draws lots of press and attention!

:)

Well guess that answers that! Thanks Mach and Firefly.

Ditto!

JHale, are you planning on writing while online while on board? That would be a great heads up

I do take my laptop and make "notes" throughout the cruise. However, I usually don't get it all online until I've finished my review at home, that way I can add pictures.

I do purchase a little internet time, so maybe I can do a few quick "dailies" while on board this time.

I am betting they will convert the Oxford cigar bar into a steakhouse ($ maker) as I never saw it used in March. I also saw the Venezia and Club Rio aft lounges rarely used.

They also don't allow smoking in there anymore, so it makes sense to turn the space into a profit center. I have my fingers crossed that you are right! :D

I am betting they will convert the Oxford cigar bar into a steakhouse ($ maker) as I never saw it used in March. I also saw the Venezia and Club Rio aft lounges rarely used.

Didn't even think of this idea! This would be fantastic! We didn't see a soul in it in October either.

Archived