Passport

ahutchins9

Just make sure your passport doesn't expire within three months of your trip. If it does, you'll need to get a new one before you go!

I don't think that is true for US closed loop cruises since we don't need to have a passport in the first place. I think that only applies to going to countries where that is their rule.

I don't think that is true for US closed loop cruises since we don't need to have a passport in the first place. I think that only applies to going to countries where that is their rule.

Correct...and the poster also had the expiration time wrong. In most cases if you're required to have a passport that has a particular number of months validity remaining, it is 6 months, not three. (but in fairness, the OP didn't specify what type of cruise he/she was taking, so we can't be sure it was a closed loop)

And to clarify, you would not be taking a copy of your BC, you would have to bring the real deal.
And to clarify the semantics, a *certified* copy of your birth certificate *is* the real deal. That's what most people have, a government issued certified copy.

But a photocopy of the certified copy is not permissible as a cruise document.

Archived