Strange question re: pregnancy

Tashak

Hello!

We are looking to book a cruise in 2012 and I'm wondering how to go about that when the 3rd person for a cabin doesn't exist yet. It states they need full names of passengers but we don't have that yet. I would really like to book soon so we don't miss out on the location we want.

I just did this recently. The travel agent booked the cruise under Baby Lastname and said to call in when we have a name and they will make the name change.

i think the baby has to be 6 months old on a cruise. HAL recently told us about this rule, you should check this out..

Also, once a room is booked for 2 people, if it is a room that can accomodate 3, then you can add that 3rd person at any time until a few days before the ship leaves, or until the ship sells out completely. We've added people who've decided to join at the last minute as close as a week before sailing. We are superstitious, so we held off adding the baby until we were sure that it was out and healthy and could cruise (and we did cruise with our son when he was only 3 months old- before every cruise line but Disney changed it to 6 month minimum).

Also, once a room is booked for 2 people, if it is a room that can accomodate 3, then you can add that 3rd person at any time until a few days before the ship leaves, or until the ship sells out completely. We've added people who've decided to join at the last minute as close as a week before sailing. We are superstitious, so we held off adding the baby until we were sure that it was out and healthy and could cruise (and we did cruise with our son when he was only 3 months old- before every cruise line but Disney changed it to 6 month minimum).

Not if the ship has reached capacity, you can't.

Ok that's good. I guess I'll just have to request a room that can handle three just in case. That sounds like a good plan, I think we will go that route. Thanks!

Not if the ship has reached capacity, you can't.

gerif is correct, if you are sailing at a busy cruise time, they may get to 'maximum occupany' and not allow you to add a 3rd to your cabin. There are more beds on board a ship than the number of passengers that can sail. If you are sailing off season you should be ok with this plan. If not, be prepared with option b if the ship fills and you don't have the baby booked.

Considering the baby in question should be 10 months old by then (we're undergoing fertility treatments and it might not work, plus if it does we've had losses and it might not make it.) I think we should be safe. Unless a September Alaska cruise fills to capacity 10 months in advance.

Considering the baby in question should be 10 months old by then (we're undergoing fertility treatments and it might not work, plus if it does we've had losses and it might not make it.) I think we should be safe. Unless a September Alaska cruise fills to capacity 10 months in advance.

Good Luck! Definitely better not to book anyone until they're definitely born and exist. We actually booked with our son right after he was born for a cruise that left when he was 3 months old, and at 1 month old a major major problem was discovered and he was hospitalized and had to have surgery, and we almost were unable to go (but he did recover in time, and we did go- and now he's 3.5). The point is, that you should wait until as close to the time as possible, monitoring it for possibly reaching capacity (if categories become sold out). I have never heard of a ship selling out 10 months before it sails, or even 6 months. And last year the ship "sold out" but wasn't at capacity and we were able to add my brother in law as a 3rd person at the last minute. So you will be fine even if you wait quite a while, as long as the room allows additional people.

Archived