All things Dream!

a3593

Just back from the Western Itinerary of the Dream.

Here are my $.02.

In Roatan, get your passport stamped for a small donation (collection to put public bathrooms in the country's schools).

Where do you go to get your passport stamped? I am always willing to donate to public bathrooms and schools :D

Our Cove balcony was fabulous.

Hit the Pasta bar early in the week. Our table mates tried to go on the last sea day, and couldn't get in.

NOTHING TO DO IN BELIZE if you do not book an excursion. It is a Tendered port, and knowing now what I know, I would not have gone over.

Booked Maya Chan in Costa Maya. Fabulous place, fabulous time.

Try the Carnival Dog at the BBQ cookout on the Lanai. Yummy.

quote]

Totally agree with all of these! Especially the Beiize port, great day to just stay on the boat and enjoy everything with less crowds;)

Cove balcony 2284 is above the lobby, over the (crimson lounge, which I believe is just a sitting area?) right outside of the restaurant. Does anyone know if this will be a good cabin for no noise from below at night??

I want a cove balcony for 3 on the port side :) Thanks in advance.

Can I have my girls' hair braided at the ship's salon? If so, when can I make an appt? I would rather not get it done at a port, because if they start unraveling, we have no recourse. Saw that happen to 2 girls one day after they got braids on the beach in Turks and Caicos. Thanks!

In Roaatan, we saw a "shipwreck" (faux)

Hmmmmm. Our your guide from this past spring cruise told us it was a cargo ship from the mainland that caught fire back in the late 60's and was just left there. The wreck on the barrier reef was due to a tropical storm taking out a fishing vessel. Of course, he could have been wrong or embellishing.

For those asking, I was on the Dream in April (western itinerary) on the port side (left). All ports were docked with the portside (left) facing the ports.

We loved watching the stragglers running to the ship 5 minutes before sail away.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

We were on the Dream in March 2012 doing the Eastern Carb. Loved ship. Mostly stayed in the Serenity Deck, which was great. I recall seeing box lunches at the bar. Were those for guests who are up at the deck and didn't want to go down to the Lido to get lunch. I went up the bar and there was a sign saying there were chicken salad sanwiches. Do all serenity decks offer this?

Cove balcony 2284 is above the lobby, over the (crimson lounge, which I believe is just a sitting area?) right outside of the restaurant. Does anyone know if this will be a good cabin for no noise from below at night??

I want a cove balcony for 3 on the port side :) Thanks in advance.

Just got off dream yesterday, DH, DS and I stayed in 2284. Great cabin except for shower kept flooding. Quiet, loved it. Only negative was we weren't facing islands, always on ocean side in every port. (Eastern )

Edited by muffy168

Just got off dream yesterday, DH, DS and I stayed in 2284. Great cabin except for shower kept flooding. Quiet, loved it. Only negative was we weren't facing islands, always on ocean side in every port. (Eastern )

In January I was in 9456 and we had the same issue with our shower. We figured out that our shower didn't drain fast enough and the floor was sloping towards the shower curtain.

In January I was in 9456 and we had the same issue with our shower. We figured out that our shower didn't drain fast enough and the floor was sloping towards the shower curtain.

We were in 11214 and ours flooded too. We let our cabin steward know and he had maintenance come in and they resolved the problem. :)

Do they still have those showers in the spa that the water comes out of all different directions?

In the spa locker rooms they have showers that come out of the normal spout and the sides.

In the "refresher room" (which is just a walk in area, communal, not private at all) they have the "rainforest" shower.

That latter is not meant to shower in, just to rinse off.

Thanks, we ended up booking 2294 and we are doing the Western.

Hi

Going on the same cruise and will be in room 11244. Sorry I don't know anything about your room or mine. If anyone knows anything about these rooms let us know. I am a little apprehensive about the motion and I am up high, but will take my ginger before and during. It really does help.

what form of ginger do you bring? and is it really good with motion sickness? ty

what form of ginger do you bring? and is it really good with motion sickness? ty

The Dream was my 14th cruise with Carnival and we were in cabin 11214. I have not gotten motion sickness prior to this cruise but the first night on the Dream, I did. Normally I take a Bonine before bed every night but had forgotten to start while on land the night before. I never got physically sick but could not eat and felt terrible. Our waiters told me to go back to my room and do not walk around as much as possible. They then said to call room service and have them deliver motion sickness pills, take them, and go to sleep and I'd be fine in the morning. They were exactly right. :) I did take some ginger gum with me that I think I picked up at CVS. I never did need to use it though because the rest of the cruise I had no problems and remembered to take Bonine before bed every night.