ROLL CALL: LISBON - BARBADOS 21st OCTOBER 2011

philipb

As it turns out, I found out today that I have to go in for surgery on 15 Sep to remove the left side of my thyroid( and maybe the whole thing ). Hopefully, the left side will show no cancer and that the nodule is benign with no further action required. What a bummer! Sure hope it doesn't screw up the cruise plans. For those that think I talk too much there is a bright side. The doc said I'll probably lose my voice for a while. We are still planning to go, but time will tell.

Good luck dougburns, hope all goes well.

Cheers

Jennifer

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Aruba Jack, Congrats on your Silver Box..hope ours comes soon too!

Cindy Spivack at SS, Ft. Lauderdale just provided me the following key crew:

Captain: As Dougburns mentioned earlier is Marco Sangiancomo

Cruise Director: Fernando

Hotel Director: Paolo Percevale

Restaurant Mgr: Antonio Mendes

Ex Chef: Ricardo Dotti

Guest Relations Mgr: Enzo Ferraro

Cruise Consultant: Carl Vlaeminck

The Burns, Emmy Webb, Ida and I sailed with Fernando (renewed the Burns and our vows on the Spirit bridge), Paolo, Antonio, Ricardo,21 months ago on the Spirit's maiden crossing--we all look very forward to sailing with them again and meeting fellow Spirit 2011 fall crossing cruise critics!

Thanks for the info, Wes. Too bad we won't have that wonderful Grand suite this time. We could have had a couple more big parties. Guess we'll have to arrange something elsewhere with Paolo once we board. Maybe the Observation Lounge. No word on our docs yet.

Thanks for the info, Wes. Too bad we won't have that wonderful Grand suite this time. We could have had a couple more big parties. Guess we'll have to arrange something elsewhere with Paolo once we board. Maybe the Observation Lounge. No word on our docs yet.

Thoughts and prayers, dougburns, and the very best of luck tomorrow... we'll be thinking of you ...

You better make this transatlantic... and then yes we'll celebrate... a lot!

Hooah Steve, please call me Wes...know we (Doug, Lynn, Emmy, Ida and I) willl have pre dinner drinks in the panorama lounge (outside deck) nightly about 7:30...expect to see u there :)

Aye, Aye Wes... looks like it'll be an easy post to man... we may even take an earlier watch! (all in good fun for dougburns)

As Wes posted, I'm home and recovering. Fortunately, the thing was benign, so I'm ready to cruise in Oct. We received our docs Thur while I was in the hospital. They came direct from SS. Standard Silver box just like always. TIME TO PARTY!!!

Excellent! Everyone, get your dancing shoes ready--especially Lynn!!!!! :)

I returned last week from a cruise around Great Britain on Queen Elizabeth. It was good. Food, service, fellow passengers (and the weather!) all exceeded expectations. We had a very nice cabin which gave us dining in the Queens Grill so that helped to give a 'smaller ship' feel as I don't really like big ships.

Now it's time to think about the Lisbon - Barbados trip next month. My tickets arrived today and so it all seems quite close now. I started this thread some time ago and according to my notes I have the following posts from fellow CC's:

Colonel (Ret.) Wes - Wes and Ida

dougburns - Doug & Lynn

Kathyjoy - Joy (from Washington - we met on board this cruise last year)

Aruba jack - Sharon & Jack

Christraveller/EagerTravelerBC - Kelley & Chris

Bsrkent - Barb & Steve

Passportready - names unknown

Conte di Savoia - names unknown

If there is anyone else out there, please let me know.

Last year there was a much longer list and so our leader - Jennifer from Sydney - arranged a pre-cruise get-together in Lisbon and a get-together on the ship in Stars Supper Club on the first morning at sea. Paolo the delightful Hotel Manager arranged catering for this event. It was very well attended and we all got on famously.

Because our numbers are smaller this year I would suggest an informal get together - again on the first morning at sea out from Lisbon and suggest we meet in the Panorama Lounge (Deck 9 aft) on the port side from 10.30 onwards. I will be there and hope to see as many of you as wish to show up. If you need to contact me I am in Cabin 524.

Best wishes.

Philip, thanks for taking the lead to get our group together. Pls count Ida and I in, for the informal get together on the morning of the 22nd. We also got our Silverbox/dox

Monday.. r/ Wes

ps..good catch doug.

Thanks Phillip for a good plan...Barb & I will expect to see ya'll inside the P lounge (Deck 9 aft), port side, a little after 10:30am on the 22nd. We have done our doc dancing and are looking forward to fair winds, following seas, and some great new shipmates. Best news is still about Doug's outcome!

All the best,

Barb & Steve

• 2 weeks later...

You can add Emmy Webb to the roster. She's from London and a fun lady. You'll all enjoy her company, as we do. She doesn't post on CC. She'll be aboard from Lisbon-FLL. Emmy coordinated the vow renewals for Lynn, me, Wes and Ida on the 2010 maiden crossing. Only a couple of weeks now. Look forward to meeting new friends and renewing old acquaintances. Wish we had Capt. Corsaro, but he says Capt. Sangiacomo is a good guy. Of course, we'll have Paolo as Hotel Director and Fernando as Cruise Director and that's excellent. Heard from our butler this morning and he's waiting for us. Time to start gearing up to party!!!

You can add Emmy Webb to the roster. She's from London and a fun lady. You'll all enjoy her company, as we do. She doesn't post on CC. She'll be aboard from Lisbon-FLL. Emmy coordinated the vow renewals for Lynn, me, Wes and Ida on the 2010 maiden crossing. Only a couple of weeks now. Look forward to meeting new friends and renewing old acquaintances. Wish we had Capt. Corsaro, but he says Capt. Sangiacomo is a good guy. Of course, we'll have Paolo as Hotel Director and Fernando as Cruise Director and that's excellent. Heard from our butler this morning and he's waiting for us. Time to start gearing up to party!!!

And don't forget Gareth at the Pool Bar~

:)

We will be departing two weeks from today, hoping to enjoy a couple of days in Lisboa before boarding the ship. This will be our 7th cruise with Silversea, all of the prior trips on Silver Cloud. It will be interesting to contrast the smallest with the largest. We will see everyone in the Panorama if not before.

Archived