ROLL CALL: LISBON - BARBADOS 21st OCTOBER 2011

philipb

Safe Journey Conte, will see you on board and in the Panorama..we arrive in Lisbon in two weeks and early evening of the 19th we meet our favorite Lisbon (Jorge Bras) tour guide--absolutely best tour guide we have ever had--for drinks in our hotel. We wanted to share the Spirit with Jorge for lunch on the 21st but he is in such demand for touring we had to settle for drinks.

Good evening ladies and gentlemen!

I am a frequent visitor to this site and have been lurking for several months. While this is my first post, I have read up on several threads, and many thanks goes out to the people who post on this board. Reading the reviews and comments ultimately helped me decide that the Silver Spirit would be the right ship for my honeymoon. My wife and I will not be joining you folks in Lisbon, but rather in Barbados for the return trip back to Fort Lauderdale.

I can say with 100% certainty my wife and I are looking forward to enjoying our time on the Spirit and meeting new people. Perhaps we can partake in a celebratory cocktail...or several!

For those who have done this itinerary, is it best to go with the cruise shore excursions or to come up with your own? As far as spirits go, I am under the assumption that most are complimentary. The finer and more vintage have a price tag correct? Other than that, we can't wait to embark!

Cheers,

Romo

My wife and I will not be joining you folks in Lisbon, but rather in Barbados for the return trip back to Fort Lauderdale.

Romo

Hi Romo,

DH and I are also on the Barbados to FLL cruise.

A roll call has been started for this but is it very inactive.

Regards

Gilly

Romo, I am waiting to book that cruise on Nov 5. We have to wait until our passports are returned with some visas for a winter cruise. Will post as soon as that happens. Get a book on Caribbean ports of call and see what you would like to do. The one I recommend off the ship is the snorkel boat in St Kitts. It is just about the best one in the Caribbean.

I've been following this thread with mixed emotions. I will be sad to see Spirit leave Europe for the winter, it's been very nice having her here! However, when your voyage reaches Barbados, my next cruise will seem more real, since we're sailing on Spirit in the Caribbean this winter.

I wish you all a wonderful cruise, reading your posts it does sound as if you'll have great company, and I look forward to reading your updates once the crossing begins. :)

Sorry for delay in responding, dougburns, but will add your friend Emmy Webb to our roster, sailing out of Lisbon. Two weeks today we should be in Madeira!:)

Hi Philip

I'm jealous...I wish I was going with you. However I'll be winging my way to Taiwan and Palau so I'm not too sad.:D

Cheers

Jennifer

Miss Lynn and I have switched to a Grand Suite. We'll be in 901 vice 811. Will talk about an in-suite party when we all get together in the Panorama Lounge the morning of the 22nd.

Wish we hadn't cancelled the trip! Sounds like you'll have a wonderful time.

Just a thought. Maybe a good night for our in-suite party would be the 25th in Las Palmas, since we don't leave until 1900. If that sounds OK I'll coordinate with Paolo, the Hotel Director. That way we can do the sail away on our front balcony for those who wish. Would set it up for @ 1700. Had a nice e-mail from Paolo. We will have 4 formal nights on the trip from Lisbon-Barbados.

Just a thought. Maybe a good night for our in-suite party would be the 25th in Las Palmas, since we don't leave until 1900. If that sounds OK I'll coordinate with Paolo, the Hotel Director. That way we can do the sail away on our front balcony for those who wish. Would set it up for @ 1700. Had a nice e-mail from Paolo. We will have 4 formal nights on the trip from Lisbon-Barbados.

Thanks for the thought; a very good one... it would be a memorable sail away. We're always up for a party.

Won't be long now... see you on board!

Miss Lynn and I have switched to a Grand Suite. We'll be in 901 vice 811. Will talk about an in-suite party when we all get together in the Panorama Lounge the morning of the 22nd.

Doug, Debbie and I had a great time enjoying your hospitality in Arizona last week. And now you have upgraded! But now I insist that you not just drink a toast, but a DOUBLE, hopefully of a good single malt, that I survive my surgery on the 26th! You will have calm seas on the Spirit.

Dieter

Unfortunately, it appears that Fernando will be getting off as we board in Lisbon. Don't know who our CD will be, but I'll e-mail Paolo and ask.

I just saw Duct Tape's post about that.

I'm disappointed as I was hoping for him on the holiday cruise from FLL on 20 December.

I'm guessing that whoever joins your cruise is likely to still be onboard when we sail on the holiday cruise. I'm a bit sad that I'm still not going to meet the legend that is Fernando.

On the Spirit at the end of May, our CD was David ( I don't remember his last name). We found him to be so low key that we never actually met him...but to be fair, it was a port intensive cruise so perhaps that explains it.

Just heard back from Paolo and it is true that Fernando will get off in Lisbon. Susan (I think her last name is Wood ) will be our CD. Paolo also confirmed that 1700 on the 25th in Las Palmas is good for the in-suite party. More about that when we meet in the Panorama Lounge on the 22nd.

:( Very upset that Fernando will not be our cruise director! He was our CD on our first Silversea cruise and was wonderful. We had Susan Wood on our 10 day cruise last year on the Whisper. As in previous posts we are not fans. Did not find her warm or inviting. Did not see her much other than to announce events. She never knew our names or was very engaging. Other long time Silversea passengers voiced the same concerns. Can only hope she warms up on a longer cruise! Will try to keep an open mind.

Archived