Is this just a coincidence?

Bridge Maven

When this website is very slow, I have discovered that if I log out and come back to the website without logging in it is much faster. Is it possible that the "cookie monster" has an adverse affect on speed when someone is logged into cruse critic?

When this website is very slow, I have discovered that if I log out and come back to the website without logging in it is much faster. Is it possible that the "cookie monster" has an adverse affect on speed when someone is logged into cruse critic?

Absolutely..

Absolutely..

ccletzgo, I've decided that since the cookie situation makes cruise critic very slow when I am logged in, I will only log in to reply to messages. It is just as easy to read posts when I am not logged in and the website is much faster that way.

ccletzgo, I've decided that since the cookie situation makes cruise critic very slow when I am logged in, I will only log in to reply to messages. It is just as easy to read posts when I am not logged in and the website is much faster that way.

Aside from the website's speed there is another advantage to reading cruise critic posts when I am not logged in. It makes me think twice about posting a reply when I have to log in to do so :)

Absolutely..

I'm curious what you are basing this on. Personal experience? IT professional?

I just got a new computer and it certainly has made a difference in how fast things go on the internet.

Thanks for this tip! I've been very frustrated lately- some threads won't even load! I don't know whether to blame AOL, CruiseCritic or my computer!

All I know is, if I use Chrome, I don't have to log in every time, and it doesn't log me out if I am inactive for a time. PLUUUSSS!!! I can't see those awful Google ads, such as the filthy toilet!!! Each banner shows 'Unable to connect to the' and the Chrome logo. EM

Archived