Seattle-Downtown Hotels

Italy52

Since the Space Needle will be closed at 9 pm we may just call it an early night. We'll still be in the eastern time zone, coming from Fla, so we'll be able to get up bright and early the next morning and go wandering around. We don't want to see any one thing in particular, just hoping to get plenty of fresh air at the waterfront and wander around Pike Place Market. Someone mentioned the Ducks Tour is a different thing to do...what do you think?

Well its pretty tacky, you are in a big rubber duck that takes you through town, personally you'll get a better feel for the cuty by walking around (plus you can burn some extra calories before heading to the ship) Seattle is very friendly and easy to walk. The Market opens at 5:00 am so you can hit that in the morning then walk up to 4th Ave and go into the Mall where Talbots is (its not your typical Mall) and go to the top floor, hop onto the Monorail and it will take you directly to the Space Needle. try the website www.nwsource.com. It will give you everything you need to know about places to go etc.

If I can help any further let me know

Hi: Yes I know where this is, and they changed names a few years back (which is why I was lost for a minute) It's a nice hotel sort of older in style (like a boutique hotel) its a few blocks up from shopping (most shopping is around 4th Ave) and Pike Place Market is on 1st Ave. So as you can see everything you would want to see is within 10 blocks or so. If you got a good rate I would book it.

A Taxi ride to the Pier in the am will only be about 5.00.

Good morning everyone! DST - can you give me any info on the Warwick Hotel? Coming there Jun 17 for 2 nights pre-cruise.

With thanks

JimmyJ

6/10/01 Grand

4/27/02 Golden

4/13/03 Coral

6/19/04 Diamond

Yacht-04.gif

DIAMOND PRINCESS - JUNE 19, 2004 - ALASKA

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;6;19;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0700

jimmyj

i would go directly to their site. you will get all the info you need their. also i would print their page that shows all the ammenities. someone post that they were charged for a breakfast that was supposed to be included. they had to print-out and it was not charged to them. "just a precaution."

DUSTY

Carnival Spirit, 9/10/03 Alaska glacier bay

Carvival Spirit, 5/11/05

Alaska glacier bay again

Jimmy: The "W" is a great hotel the largest in Seattle it is on 2nd Ave and you can walk to anything that you could possibly want. Very ncie and clean!!!! If you have the chance and are a baseball fan you could get some tics to a game and walk from the hotel. When are you in town??? I can also direct you to a few other things that you would like.

Let me know if I can help, sorry it took me a few days to get back to you went camping for the long weekend and got very wet icon_frown.gif

Just an FYI for those that might not have seen it in the news....the Monorail has been discontinued due to some type of fire. Hope this doesn't mess up anyones plans.

doris

"I travel a lot; I hate having my life disrupted by routine"--Caskie Stinnett

Elation 10/20/02

Paradise 9/21/03

Pride of Aloha 6/07/04

Star Princess 10/24/04

• 4 weeks later...
Okay; I live in Seattle and here is the breakdown of the hotels. All of the ones listed below are in the main area of Seattle which is a very friendly walking city. ... snip....

The Westin: is the newest hotel in Seattle and the largest a **** hotel. Very friendly and great service.

DST - can you give me any info on the Warwick Hotel? Coming there Jun 17 for 2 nights pre-cruise.
Jimmy: The "W" is a great hotel the largest in Seattle it is on 2nd Ave ...snip....

As I mentioned on the other thread, I no longer live IN Seattle (or across Puget Sound in Kingston), I'm VERY familiar with Seattle. The rest of my family still lives there and my ancestors first arrived (in the then Oregon Terr.) over 150 years ago.

dst is talking about 3 DIFFERENT hotels.

#1 Westin - 1900 Fifth Avenue. I remember it being built 'sometime' in the 1960's or early 70's. It's web site can be found at Seattle Westin

#2 W Seattle - 1112 Fourth Avenue. The new, large hotel. W Seattle

#3 Warwick Seattle - 401 Lenora Street (Lenora and Fourth Avenue). According to their web site they have been AAA rated for 18 years, so they can't be the newest and therefore the largest.

All three are very nice and I'd happily stay in any of them - if my family wouldn't be upset. They ALL get upset if we don't stay with them and we can only sleep at 1 house at a time. :rolleyes:

Seattle is a WONDERFUL city.

ENJOY!!

Sorry, if I was confusing to anyone. Yes I was speaking of the "W" (on fourth) its centrally located and a very nice place to stay.

MaryEllen: the nice thing of living in Puget sound is that I get to take a fery to work everyday and walk up the hill in Seattle. Probably the best comute I have ever had

One hint that I have heard from someone who frequently books hotels on Hotwire for Seattle is that the only 4 star hotel with a pool downtown is the Sheraton. It is a very nice hotel and very conveniently located to the shopping area.

If it helps, I bid $115 on Priceline and got the Sheraton. It was very nice and just a couple blocks from Pike Market. Lots of tours leave from the Sheraton so it's really convenient. We also stayed at the Silver Cloud in Lake Union and I thought that was good too. They include a free breakfast and free shuttle to downtown. It's a little out of the way, but it's across the street from Lake Union and all the activities there. I'd stay at either one again.

I stayed there last year & it's a great place. It's a wonderful location, "at the market" across the street from the original Starbucks & walking distances to many shops & the downtown "free" trolley/bus. It's on the expensive end, especially if you have a water view or a suite. There's a terrace on the 5th (?) floor with plenty of deck chairs overlooking part of the Market & the Bay.

What are your thoughts on the Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza...We booked for June 2005 for 60/night through priceline. It was listed as a 3 star. Hopefully it is a nice Hotel. Another question...If we booked through priceline, can we call them and request a 2 bed room instead of a king? Having 2 adults and 2 kids might get a little cramped!

Yes, you can call them and put in a request... but it's just that, a request and your actual room will be assigned at check-in.

Most hotels do their best to accomodate guests (even those from Priceline and Hotwire) when their desired room type is available.

We stayed there one night. It was fairly new and very clean. The front desk was very efficient and friendly. They have a nice indoor pool and an exceptional free continental breakfast (make your own waffles) in a nicely furnished breakfast area. They also include free newspaper, free shuttles to downtown locations and free local calls. Here's their web site:

http://www.scinns.com/lake.htm

• 4 months later...

Trying to find hotel for our Sept/05 cruise.

Princess has Doubletree Seattle Tacoma Airport hotel in their book. Does anybody know anything about this hotel. Is it close to anything or will be paying taxi. How do you go to the pier from the hotels?

We sailed from Seattle in June and I have a few suggestions that may help.

I used Hotwire for our precruise Saturday night and paid about $110 for the The Vintage Park Hotel. It was a nice but small Boutique Hotel with great access to the city. Since there are quite a few hills and my husband has bad knees we made good use of the taxi cabs. They were very inexpensive but not really necessary for those with no problem walking.

I used Priceline for our post cruise Sunday night and paid about $135 for the Sheraton. This also was in a great location. They have a booth in the lobby for Grayline Tours and we took a double decker tour that night.

We really loved Seattle and would not hesitate to stay in either of these hotels again. I would prefer staying in the city rather than near the airport where there does not seem to be much for a tourist to do.

We also used a limo service to get to and from the airport. It was only $35 each way. We found a company listed at the airport, made the call and were picked up right by the baggage area within 10 minutes. In order to pick up a cab we would have had to drag our luggage through what appeared to be a long conplicated route(this may have been due to construction).

The night before our return to the airport I called the same limo company and arranged for a pickup the next morning. The limo arrived exactly at the time arranged and we had a painless return trip.

• 4 months later...

Would you say that the Alexis Hotel is worth the 4* rating? I just successfully bid it for $112 on Priceline for our pre-cruise stay on July 30. :)

I'm not sure if The Westin or The Hyatt are really 4 or 5 Star accommodations. The Olympic Hotel, which used to be a Four Seasons but I think is now a Fairmont, is really the best in Seattle. I have to say, the Westin is just okay. If you could consider a smaller boutique type hotel, I think the Inn at the Market and the Alexis are both outstanding.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;7;8;15;0;00&timezone=GMT+0100

The World Ship - Europe July 2004

Actually, the Alexis Hotel is a 4* rating both on Priceline and AAA. Other places, too. :)

Okay; I live in Seattle and here is the breakdown of the hotels.

The Alexis: Is a quant Hotel been there forever has a nice bar and great customer service. A *** star property

If I can answer any other questions, PLEASE let me know. I love the city and would like for you to have a wonderful experience. icon_smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

We are trying to decide whether we want to stay at the Grand Hyatt or the Silver Cloud Inn at Lake Union. The Hyatt is about $40.00 more for the night and doesn't include the breakfast or the free shuttle but we really don't need a full breakfast as we'll be stuffing ourselves all week on the cruise. Coffee and a snack from Starbucks would be just fine and since we're closer to the main attractions a shuttle wouldn't be as necessary. What are your opinions on the two hotels? Do you think the Hyatt is worth the difference?

Also, I would appreciate it if someone could answer a few questions for me.

1. I read that Seattle has a free bus system downtown is this true and if so where can I find information about it?

2. Do they have taxi vans in Seattle to take us to the pier as we're a family of four with a fair amnt. of luggage and we won't fit a regular taxi?

I'd appreciate any info you guys can provide. Thanks.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm bumping this thread up because Ihave a Seattle Hotel question........Can anyone recommend a limo service from Sea-Tac to Downtown(the Renassiance)...It appears its about $35(hardly more than a taxi), but are there any companies to stay away from........any that you can recommend highly??? Also, what are your favorite restaurants walking distance from the Renassiance?

Archived