Tipping at Specialty Restaurants

Yes...it's included in the cost...some will tip additionally, but you certainly don't have to. If the service is exceptional, we will tip a bit more...not too much, tho...that $40 or $50 you pay as a couple would be 20% of a $200 bill....and I can assure you, a comparable meal in a landbased restaurant for $200 would be MUCH better than on the ship! And, your cocktails would be part of that bill!

Yes...it's included in the cost...some will tip additionally, but you certainly don't have to. If the service is exceptional, we will tip a bit more...not too much, tho...that $40 or $50 you pay as a couple would be 20% of a $200 bill....and I can assure you, a comparable meal in a landbased restaurant for $200 would be MUCH better than on the ship! And, your cocktails would be part of that bill!

Well, that makes a lot of sense - not. What difference does it make if $40 or $50 is 20% of a $200 bill????? There is absolutely no correlation. The amount you pay for the specialty restaurants may INCLUDE a tip but by no stretch is it all tip - very little of it is - the big chunk is for the upgraded ingredients and the fact that the meal is cooked to order. We usually leave an additional $5-10 per person.

Taken from the website - the surcharge includes a portion for tip, but the service is usually exceptional and deserves an additional tip IMHO

Dinner: 6:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m.

Please note: Opening and closing times vary by ship.

Reservations

All guests over the age of 13 are welcome, you may dine with children under 13 years of age before 7:00 PM. All guests under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Reservations are recommended; please allow two hours for dining. You can begin the reservation process now or once onboard througth RCTV* in your stateroom or call the restaurant directly. Telephone numbers can be found in your stateroom. Cancellations with less than 24 hours notice will be charged a minimum of $10 USD.

Costs

A nominal fee of $25 USD applies per dining guest, including gratuities. Specialty beverages, beer, wine and soda are offered at current bar menu prices.

Well, that makes a lot of sense - not. What difference does it make if $40 or $50 is 20% of a $200 bill????? There is absolutely no correlation. The amount you pay for the specialty restaurants may INCLUDE a tip but by no stretch is it all tip - very little of it is - the big chunk is for the upgraded ingredients and the fact that the meal is cooked to order. We usually leave an additional $5-10 per person.

Agree but consider the source.:rolleyes:

This is why I wish I discovered CC before my first and so far only cruise last year. 1 night in Chops and 1 night in Portofino and tipped 30 bucks extra each time. Now I know better. Yes, I will leave extra on my next one but most likely 10 tops.

Yes, the tip is included. Our last couple trips to Portofino, we had service that was OK, but not exceptional, one time and left no extra tip. The next time, we felt our service was exceptional, so we left a few dollars per person extra.

Archived