Passports and Spa Interior Stateroom

My husband and i are going on our second cruise in september on the carnival dream. first questions is we currently have our birth certificates and are able to get passports considering we have 6 months to go, but does mexico require passports now? also are there any snakes in the cave tubing in belize?

secondly, we have booked a spa interior stateroom. what all comes included with that? i understand we have priority spa booking, thats all i understood.

thank you in advance to all who answer. and happy cruising!!

ps: i think we are packing as minimal as possible. we tend to over pack for EVERYTHING. but is mexico very hot in september or very rainy?

My husband and i are going on our second cruise in september on the carnival dream. first questions is we currently have our birth certificates and are able to get passports considering we have 6 months to go, but does mexico require passports now? also are there any snakes in the cave tubing in belize?

secondly, we have booked a spa interior stateroom. what all comes included with that? i understand we have priority spa booking, thats all i understood.

thank you in advance to all who answer. and happy cruising!!

ps: i think we are packing as minimal as possible. we tend to over pack for EVERYTHING. but is mexico very hot in september or very rainy?

Did cave tubing in Belize and no snakes. No surprise though, with all the noise we made.

Not sure what you mean by spa interior stateroom.

Not sure what you mean by spa interior stateroom.
Category 4S' date=' Inside stateroom with Cloud 9 Spa Package:

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/obx/cloud9-spa/spa-accomodations.htm

These pampering staterooms feature spa-like décor, offer private access to Cloud 9 Spa, and extra luxuries such as unlimited use of the Thalassotherapy Pool and Thermal Suite.

Guests are also given exclusive spa packages consisting of Elemis products and more (packages are for 1st & 2nd guests ONLY; packages for 3rd & 4th guests will incur additional fees).

Spa Packages Include:

- Elemis bath & beauty products

- Priority for booking spa appointments

- Complimentary fitness classes (2)

- Exclusive spa stateroom amenities

- Spa towels, bathrobes and slippers for use during the cruise

You are going during the rainy season; it can be humid, but no one can predict what it will be like for you.

Thank you all very much. We will get passports anyways since I tend to be a paranoia freak. And I guess we will pack our panchos if it wmay be rainy, and bug spray. Because rain or no rain were going to Mexico!! Yay!! And I hope the spa room is nice and calming. Our everyday lives consist of rushing around and no relation. So looking forward to this.

The Passport issue has been overly discussed throughout many CC forums. But lets talk about the pros and cons. You currently do not need a Passport for a closed-loop cruise to Mexico (or the Caribbean) as long as your trip starts and ends at the same port. You do need a valid birth certificiate, and some folks have been denied boarding because their birth certificate did not meet the standards. The problem is that each state does their own thing with Birth Certificates and you need a real good copy (normally with a rasied seal) and if you have something they do not like it can be rejected. Passports are always acceptable which is why its good to have one. The other issue involves emergencies. Say you take a cruise to Mexico and you have a family emergency that demands that you leave the ship (medical problem, death at home, etc). You cannot cross from Mexico back into the USA (in a car or by air) without a Passport (or Passport Card). Personally, we think a Passport is a good investment since it is valid for 10 years (in the USA). But, there are still many cruisers that do not want to spend the money.

Hank

it will cost us 270 dollars to purchase our passports, and since we plan to travel a lot from now on i think it is a wise investment. we will hold off on our childrens passports, i dont think we will start them cruising for another couple years. i DO NOT disagree with bringing young children on cruise ships, but we like to vacation to have a break and a little bit of relaxation, so once our children are older and better behaved "I.E. not running like rabid monkeys everywhere" we will get their passports and bring them along! thanks for all the helpful advice. my husbands birth certificate if half the size of mine, but both have raised seals, so hopefully we have no problem getting our passports.

I read in another post just a bit ago that on the cave tubing excursion the tour guide killed snakes right in front of the people?!? i would totally freak out and forgo all the money spent and return to ship. i cant handle snakes, i think they are beautiful but not slithering around me in the water.. chills.

Archived