Early Saver Question

hermitstyle

Quick question. I have been running around in circles with carnival for the last week regarding an upgrade and OBC for two cabins. I finally got the cabins upgraded today, and resubmitted the forms for probably the fourth time. Now, when I had my cabin moved, which is a double occupancy cabin from an 8D to an 8F. My rate after one price drop was $804/pp. The 8F cabin was $20/pp cheaper with the past guest rate. Once I had the two cabin's switched to 8F, I dutifully submitted the price drop form for the quad cabin, with no problems. When I went to submit the double occupancy cabin price protection form, I noticed that they had changed my cabin rate to $784/pp, but did not give me the $40 credit. One call to carnival later, and it was found out that the agent before me who had switched the two cabin's had left cabin #2 in early saver, but took cabin #1 out of early saver and put it into the past guest rate, without telling me. After being put on hold twice, I was placed back into the early saver rate and had my rate adjusted back to $804/pp so I could submit the price protection form for the past guest rate of $784/pp.

Fast forward to now, and my OCD religiously checks the price's of my cruise. The 8F category is no longer there! Will I still get my $40 credit? I know it will show in my "file" that I had called to have my rates and booking code fixed to what it should have been, but I'm worried that I kind of got screwed out of this because of carnival. This is my first time using early saver, and while it's a good program on paper, this last week it has become such a headache. Mind you, I did not get a conformation e-mail from either price protection form I submitted for the new cabin prices.

After this novel I've written, what do you think my chances are? Do you think that when/if I get my denial for the OBC I can call carnival and have this fixed? Opinions? Thoughts? Plan of action?

Try logging in to your "manage my cruise" then click view details then click on billing it will show you how much you are paying per person and it will show any credit you may have

That's not what I'm asking, I know how to check my price.

I was pretty sure I laid my question out nicely, but I guess I was wrong.

I booked early saver for a cruise on March 27th.

I originally paid $849/pp, and then $349/pp for pax 3 and 4 for two cabins, a double occupancy cabin (cabin #1) and a quad occupancy cabin (cabin #2). These were both 8D cabins.

I had a previous past guest rate applied to cabin #1 which gave a new rate of $804/pp for cabin #1

On March 4th, I checked prices again, 8D cabins were no longer available, but 8F cabins were significantly cheaper. I submitted a price protection form for both cabins. Both were denied, even though I had requested upgrade and OBC.

I re-did mock bookings, to make sure I didn't do them wrong, I didn't, so on March 5th, I resubmitted both forms. Again, denied.

March 7th I resubmitted the forms, and still have yet to hear back from carnival.

March 8th, I called carnival and had cabin #1 and cabin #2 switched to 8F cabins before I tried to submit my price protection form again, to avoid hassle. The cabins were switched to 8F without a problem.

Cabin #2 price protection form was submitted, with new rates of $749/pp and $249/pp for pax 3 &4. all was well, no rates had changed - looking at an OBC of $360 with the more = merrier rate.

Went to submit cabin #1 price protection form, and noticed that when carnival had switched this particular cabin, carnival had adjusted my rate from $804/pp to $784/pp. Called carnival, found out they had switched me from the early saver rate to past guest rate without asking/telling me. Got my original rate back of $804/pp so I could submit a price protection form.

Checked last night, since I had not received an e-mail conformation of either price protection form that I had submitted. Noticed that they are no longer offer 8F cabin category for a double occupancy cabin. Will I still have my price drop honored or will they say "sorry charlie"? It seems a bit unfair to have me running around resubmitting things because the carnival agents wrongfully denied my price protection forms because they obviously only looked at the fun select rate, and not the more = merrier rate or the past guest rate.

Try logging in to your "manage my cruise" then click view details then click on billing it will show you how much you are paying per person and it will show any credit you may have

Ok. I went in to manage my cruise, details, WHERE is billing? I do NOT show billing at all. I had to call Carnival and double check what our rates and OBC are. Thanks.

To answer your question, I'm sure you LOST it. We too are on the same cruise, 27th, have 3 rooms booked with 2 people and the 4th room with 3 people. The 3 person room dropped in price again, called my TA, they submitted the forms & I never heard back. Called yesterday (after 3 days of waiting), was told the 3 person rate rooms went bye bye as all the rooms booked up and therefore no more Early Saver discounts for any of our bookings as the ship is full except for the suites. I asked when they all booked up, TA said yesterday. I said I called you 3 days ago, you put in the request which the open catagory was still there, therefore I should still have gotten the OBC. TA said it's all about when Carnival gets around to your form. BS! Oh well, each person is starting off with $120pp OBC so I canNOT complain to much more.

Thank goodness for the Early Saver Program and MY watching the price everyday, well worth it.

Hope this helps :)

Ok. I went in to manage my cruise, details, WHERE is billing? I do NOT show billing at all. I had to call Carnival and double check what our rates and OBC are. Thanks.

To answer your question, I'm sure you LOST it. We too are on the same cruise, 27th, have 3 rooms booked with 2 people and the 4th room with 3 people. The 3 person room dropped in price again, called my TA, they submitted the forms & I never heard back. Called yesterday (after 3 days of waiting), was told the 3 person rate rooms went bye bye as all the rooms booked up and therefore no more Early Saver discounts for any of our bookings as the ship is full except for the suites. I asked when they all booked up, TA said yesterday. I said I called you 3 days ago, you put in the request which the open catagory was still there, therefore I should still have gotten the OBC. TA said it's all about when Carnival gets around to your form. BS! Oh well, each person is starting off with $120pp OBC so I canNOT complain to much more.

Thank goodness for the Early Saver Program and MY watching the price everyday, well worth it.

Hope this helps :)

Your Billing..

Goto manage cruise

click on view Details

scroll a little

5th tab in blue My Billing

Your Billing..

Goto manage cruise

click on view Details

scroll a little

5th tab in blue My Billing

I do not have a 5th tab. I show only 4 tabs & they are: my intiniarary, my activities, my stateroom, my guests

Is this the AREA I am looking for my billing?

I do not have a 5th tab. I show only 4 tabs & they are: my intiniarary, my activities, my stateroom, my guests

If you cant see billing info, that should mean you did not book directly with Carnival, so you cant call them either for info as some are suggesting as you must have booked with a TA.

Ah I reread your entire post and you said you booked with a TA ..so thats the answer. Only your TA should be able to do these price drops, no wonder there is so much confusion when you are sending them in yourself.

coronawomen,

You mentioned that you booked thru a TA? If so, you will not have a 'My Billing' tab. Your price should be displayed in the View Documents area which is the same area you use to print your luggage tags and boarding pass (aka FunPass). It will be on page two with a heading of Invoice.

Went to submit cabin #1 price protection form, and noticed that when carnival had switched this particular cabin, carnival had adjusted my rate from $804/pp to $784/pp. Called carnival, found out they had switched me from the early saver rate to past guest rate without asking/telling me. Got my original rate back of $804/pp so I could submit a price protection form.

hermitstyle,

Why did you have them adjust cabin #1's price from $784 to $804? I understand you stated they changed the fare code to Past Guest, but that's just for their billing; changing that code does not change you from Early Saver to Past Guest. When they change the amount per cabin, the difference between that price and the amount you paid becomes On Board Credit. Essentially you gave them $40 back.

If you are hoping to match the 1st and 2nd passenger rates that you received on cabin #2, you cannot match those prices on cabin #1 because it's for two passengers not three or more. Cabin #2 is using a More = Merrier fare code which does not apply to two passenger cabins; only applies to three or more.

coronawomen,

You mentioned that you booked thru a TA? If so, you will not have a 'My Billing' tab. Your price should be displayed in the View Documents area which is the same area you use to print your luggage tags and boarding pass (aka FunPass). It will be on page two with a heading of Invoice.

THANK YOU! I found it there.

hermitstyle,

Why did you have them adjust cabin #1's price from $784 to $804? I understand you stated they changed the fare code to Past Guest, but that's just for their billing; changing that code does not change you from Early Saver to Past Guest. When they change the amount per cabin, the difference between that price and the amount you paid becomes On Board Credit. Essentially you gave them $40 back.

If you are hoping to match the 1st and 2nd passenger rates that you received on cabin #2, you cannot match those prices on cabin #1 because it's for two passengers not three or more. Cabin #2 is using a More = Merrier fare code which does not apply to two passenger cabins; only applies to three or more.

Because when I booked both of these cabins, I booked under the early saver rate. They did not credit me the $40 when they changed my rate from $804 to $784 - that was the whole problem. If I would have submitted the price protection form, they would have said declined, because your rate already is $784. They took me out of the early saver program and put me into past guest (this is what I was told over the phone by the Carnival representative. At first, they couldn't understand why my rate had changed without the credit either).

I was not trying to match the price of cabin #1 to cabin #2. I was just simply implying/stating that for some reason they only took cabin #1 out of the early saver program, not cabin #2. Just a little background info I guess.

Coronawoman - I don't know why your TA told you that all of the cabins on the ship had been booked with the exception of the suites. That's not true. All of the 8F double occupancy cabins are sold out (this is what Carnival told me over the phone and why the cabin category has gone away from the fare viewer). If you go to Carnival and do a mock booking, you will see that there are cabins other than suites available.

I've also spoken to Carnival and they said that they go based on when you submitted your form. So if you submitted your form when that price reduction was available, you are supposed to get the OBC. Maybe your TA is not fighting for you? Either way I've had my file notated in two different places that I submitted the form when that price was available, so I should get the price drop if I ever get an e-mail back from them about the form. Whether they honor what they said or not, that's another story...

EDIT: Coronawoman - It looks like we are sailing the same day, but we are on two different ships. That's why your TA shows all cabins sold out except for suites and there are still cabin's available on my ship

I'm not going to try and sort it out but maybe offer information that will help. :o

When you are booked ES and then there is a better deal later under past guest or state rate - then your cabin price becomes the new price but you should still correctly be listed as an ES in case there is another price drop. The difference becomes OBC. If you are before final payment then it is not OBC but your final payment becomes less.

When you fill out the form you also will state the day and time you saw the price for the upgrade (Better Price) to help get it. Next time screen print it save it is what others do.

Hope this helps.

Archived